Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2017 VMSL Div 2 Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
57 teams are drawn in the VMSL Div 2 Cup. We will finally find out just how good Coquitlam Metro Ford Lupi are as they would expect to face BBY Metro Athletic in the Round of 16.

1KyPMtA.png

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
B Cup starts tonight with B United v Strathcona, therefor I shall attempt can only be described as #ambitious and make my Completely Baseless Predictions for 25 games (thanks to the FFT moving NK Hrvat into the second round unopposed).

These will be more baseless than usual given I know next to nothing about the majority of these teams...

The real prediction: how much is this forecasted snowfall going to f*ck up the cup schedule?

In the meantime though, allons-y!

B United v Strathcona
Two Div. 3 teams duking it out in this one. B Utd. is second bottom in Pool B, while Strathcona is a distant second to juggernaut Coquitlam in 3C. The Wednesday night might mess with the East-siders slightly, but it should still be relatively straight forward for them.

Punjab Hurricanes v Astro
Two 2A teams in this one, with Astro having cruised during their only league meeting thus far. It was 5-2 at Jericho but one would think that a Friday trip to Surrey would be a different ball game. However, Hurricanes home form has been woeful with just a solitary win at Tom Binnie to show for their efforts to this point. These teams are dead even in the table, so all signs point to a highly competitive match. Hurricanes have played a pair of nil-nils in a row since the snow melted and if their scoring has dried up that cannot be good for their cup prospects. Coin toss here, but based on the home team's form and their previous meeting, I'll take the visitors.

West Coast Saints v America
Put this one under the "likely to be PPD" column at noon on grass on Saturday. Another domestic match up with both teams coming from 3A. America has lost the shine on their attempted bounce back season. They started the season brightly looking to return to Div 2, but have fizzled lately. That being said Saints are lower mid-table and America one this exact fixture rather easily it would seem, 2-0, right before the weather set in the first time around. Despite their fall off in form, and their fate being resigned to another year in Div 3, no reason to think that can't pull off another W.

Bombastic B v Bosna
Continuing with the "likely to be PPD" theme, this one is a classic cup matchup. Upper Div 3 Bosna v bottom of the table CAT Bombastic B. Should be a slam dunk for the up-and-comers.

Euro FC v Marpole Tropics
Upper mid-table Div 2 v upper mid-table Div 3. It's been a decent debut season for Marpole, but no reason to think that they will be able to topple a team a Division above them. True anything can happen in the cup, but Euro is in decent form and I'd expect them to coast in this one.

West Coast Celts v GFC Lions
A little surprised the worst team statistically in the VMSL even bothered with the cup. I supposed they are on a bit of a goal scoring streak, having netted their first of the season three games ago and then adding goals in the two games following that. It was a respectable 2-1 loss to Marpole last time out, so maybe GFC have retooled and are aiming to finish their schedule on the up?? Regardless, this one is "likely to be PPD," but when it gets played it should be pretty "soft toss" for Celts.

VUFC Rangers v Rino's Fury B
These are the fun cup match ups. A top CAT team pitted against a relegation threatened Div 2 squad. How much have players from the A team helped the CAT team achieve their record? Despite a rough season, is there enough quality in the Div 2 side anyway to pull off a victory. The top of CAT has historically been decent competition, but with traditional powerhouses Westside and Surrey Utd. no longer in the division, just how tested are these "top" teams? Incredibly unpredictable these match ups, I'll show the CAT boys some love.

Ante Up v Metro Ford Lupi
A nice Div 3 cross over here. Ante Up are a decent mid-table side, but Coquitlam Metro Ford Lupi are the juggernauts of the division. I expect a decent cup run from the tri cities boys.

Campo Libre v Cliff Sr. Cobras
Another well poised Div 3 crossover match up. The Cobras are top of 3B and in a hotly contested promotion Campo are mid table, but have been knocking off top sides lately. Campo teams are always well drilled and will arrive with a game plan to defeat the Cobras. Sets up as a cracker and a toss up, but I'll say Campo pull off the upset and for all of us to endure a monologue on the game plan none of us ever could have dreamt of that lead to it...

Ex Patriots v Meraloma
Lower Div 3 hosts Lower Div 2. No doubt both squads had a better season envisioned back in the fall. Now, as we come to the home stretch, Meraloma need to keep an eye out that they don't get pulled into a relegation scrap. In the meantime, no reason they shouldn't be able to fetch a confidence boosting win over lower league opposition. As I recall Ex Patriots had some shall we say "lively" members on the boards here a year or two ago...perhaps they might resurface if their group can pull off the upset.

Vancouver Strikers v Unicorns
We'll have to call the one MOTR as it presents us with a crossover Div. 2 match up and features last season's finalists. If memory serves me, this time last year Strikers were challenging Rino's for promotion in 2B. Now in 2A they find themselves negligibly mid-table. I think Unicorns were in a relegation battle last season and they are poised on the edge of one this time around. By all means though, safety is well under their own control, so this season has to be considered a step forward. Could they shock the favourites here and mount more frustration on a Strikers group that must surely already be looking towards next season? I doubt it, but it should be interesting to see!

Campo Athletico B v Royal City B
A snoozer in arguably the absolute weakest quarter of the draw. Shaheen really should sleepwalk to the Semis, but we shall see. Perhaps the table is set for a surprise cup run with all these Div 3 and CAT teams. I doubt it will be one of these two CAT teams however. Campo will be well drilled and prepared for this one, but, unless they have balanced their rosters for Cup, there is a reason they a bottom of CAT. These two played just last week and it was a draw, which is quite the improvement for Campo after losing the two previous meetings. Campo could win this one and we would have to endure a second monologue on the great tactics and passion that led to this victory, but I will follow the numbers and say Royal City go another round.

NorVan Vikings v Serbia United
Serbia are enjoying a decent debut(?) season in Div 2. Expecting a comfortable win over the Div 3 Vikings even if it is away from home on the North Shore.

Sea to Sky v White Eagles
These former Serbians find themselves resurrected and now knocking on the door of a return to Div 1. The former Squamish FC are headed in the other direction. Once a promotion challenger, they are now looking just to stay in Div 2. This one also falls into the "likely to be PPD" category given its up in the mountains. Assuming Burnaby can put together a decent side for the trek North, I expect smooth sailing to the next round.

South Delta Rangers v Royal City A
A Div 3 crossover sees league leaders in 3A Royal City on the road to Ladner to visit third from bottom in 3C, SD. I'll have to expect that the promotion hopefuls should have little trouble taking care of business in this one.

Cosmos v Richmond Olympics
Should be a good one as two teams with similar records from different Div 3 pools go toe to toe in this one. Arguments to be made for both sides, but I will look to goals against in this match up. Richmond seem to have the tidier defensive record, despite having to contend with the free scoring Lupi. That could make the difference in a close cup tie. I could see this one needing spotters to decide it however. Should be a good game, 50/50 all the way.

Royal Dutch Cousins v Westside
Second versus second bottom in a Div 3 crossover here. Should be a freebie for the Westsiders, but you never know!

Twin Arrows v Snipers
A 2A domestic battle here which should provide some entertainment. Snipers are higher up the table and have won easily in both meetings, including 5-1 just last week. All signs point to them making it 3 for 3.

PCOV Europa v France
PCOV will in all likelihood be returning to Div 3 next season. France had a slow start to life in the VMSL but have seemingly figured things out lately. This one could go either way. Losing is a mentality sometimes and perhaps PCOV might not be up mentally for this one. One would think that they would have the quality to see off a mid-table team from a lower division, but I am putting the upset special tag on this one. France FTW.

Greencaps B v Siaron
CAT v Div 3 in this incredibly weak quarter of the draw. Siaron seem to be a decen Div 3 side, so I'll take the pedigree of their league over CAT in this one.

Joga Bonito v Harps
Joga are rooted to the bottom in 3B. Harps are a class side and they should have no problem seeing off these debutants.

Sarajevo v Royal United
The recently relegated Sarajevo were somewhat unlucky not to get a bye based on the Div 2 table when the draws were done. It was a favourable match up in the opening round however as they drew a lower Div 3 side in Royal United. Should be no problems.

Bowen Island v Gastown
Two teams that have somewhat faded from past prominence. Gastown were in Div 1 once upon a time and Bowen looked to be a up and coming Div 3 side. The spark seems to have dimmed for both slightly, so here's hoping they can recapture those former vibes sooner than later. In the meantime, Gastown should be able to see off lower league opposition.

NorVan Storm v PCOV Benfica
NorVan in the thick of yet another Div 2 promotion battle should easily get past a lower Div 3 PCOV side.

Metropolitan B v Snipers B
A good CAT fight here with first versus third. Students did not enter the Imperial Cup with their A group so perhaps a few bodies were transferred over to lend ammo to a B Cup run. It's been a dismal year for their A group, so a nice cup run might be a decent consolation. Could be a real dark horse in this competition.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snowfall amounts of 10 to 20 cm are expected by Saturday morning. A weak warm front is expected to move north from Washington State this morning bringing bands of snow to the Lower Mainland, Southern Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast. The warm front will be followed closely by a low pressure system bringing heavier snow to the area beginning Friday evening. Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 20 cm are expected by early Saturday morning. Later today the snow may become mixed with or change to rain at lower elevations especially near the Strait of Georgia. Freezing rain is also a possibility in the Fraser Valley tonight. ### Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow. Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.tempetepacifique-pacificstorm.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports to #BCStorm.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Snowfall amounts of 10 to 20 cm are expected by Saturday morning. A weak warm front is expected to move north from Washington State this morning bringing bands of snow to the Lower Mainland, Southern Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast. The warm front will be followed closely by a low pressure system bringing heavier snow to the area beginning Friday evening. Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 20 cm are expected by early Saturday morning. Later today the snow may become mixed with or change to rain at lower elevations especially near the Strait of Georgia. Freezing rain is also a possibility in the Fraser Valley tonight. ### Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow. Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.tempetepacifique-pacificstorm.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports to #BCStorm.
Thanks Claven :rolleyes:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Livingstone is still open... for now.
I really do not know where you get your information, but it is incorrect.

"Andy Livingstone Park ATE Closed Artificial Turf Field
Andy Livingstone Park ATW Closed Artificial Turf Field"

From the municipality web site.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, yes they've updated it since 2:16pm when it was not listed. Next time I'll take a screen capture with the timestamp

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, yes they've updated it since 2:16pm when it was not listed. Next time I'll take a screen capture with the timestamp
...are you taking any special substance or medication?.... I saw the webpage in the morning. It was very clear. It stated that the park was closed.
I am not sarcastic. ....seriously.... take care...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the field status list has changed since I first checked it at 1:30 this afternoon. The only turf field that was listed as closed then was Jericho. All the other turf fields were added after the initial posting, along with some additional grass fields.

Now all we have to do is to get the Most Excellent Site to reflect this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0