Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2017 VMSL Div 2 Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ref44 if it makes you feel any better Shaheen are in the same situation, and I heard that's why they lost last night to BBY White Eagles.
No. I wear at the game. They did take an injury but Ali missed a peon hit it 10' over. It would have put them up 1nil. Then Ernesto let the goalie get bumped out as white eagles scored in a goal mouth scramble.
It was Persian new year so they were missing some.
White eagles seem to get lucky with the calls as hagi let a guy 3 steps off score their second against us. They had a striker and his dad sent off in the last 5 minutes after he scored. He should have been sent earlier with 4 two foot tackles in about 10 minutes. That ended up tied. Hey is the strikers one of ur teams??

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shah
@ref44 if it makes you feel any better Shaheen are in the same situation, and I heard that's why they lost last night to BBY White Eagles.
For the way the games line up I think we are the only team to be going 3 games in 5 days including the 3rd being cup final if we get there. We are also the only team right now forced to play back to back days

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shah

For the way the games line up I think we are the only team to be going 3 games in 5 days including the 3rd being cup final if we get there. We are also the only team right now forced to play back to back days

I agree with ref44. I understand the league is trying to finish the season in time because of all the cancellations, but they can’t be forcing us to play games back to back, specially when they are such crucial games that decide the season for us and other teams possibly. We’ve had to play our last 5, 6 games with us just trying to get 11 guys together for every game just so we can play a game and that has been showing in our recent results.There are so much players can do with rescheduling work so they can make the games but having to change work schedule twice or three times a week is a lot to ask people to do. Both us and Norvan have made it far in the cup too so we are the ones suffering the most from it and of course, Burnaby is doing the best because they have more time to rest and pick up fewer injuries on the way and hence, are top of the league now. We had to start our cup game with our coach and assistant coach dressing to play, both whom haven’t played a minute in 6 months. We finished the game against Burnaby, our most important game of the season so far, with 3 guys injured who couldn’t continue and we couldn’t sub them off because we didn’t have any guys on the bench to come in for them, and we got scored on in the last 2 minutes off a questionable goal mouth scramble. Not trying to make excuses here, Burnaby have a good team and a tie would have probably been fair Monday night, but it’s just very frustrating to play these back to back crucial games with so many guys getting injured on the way. Also, the league originally had the game scheduled Tuesday night, but the field was only booked for an hour and 15minutes meaning the lights would have gone off midway through the game so we were forced to move it to Monday night, which was the day of Persian New Year resulting in us missing even more players because of that. We obviously couldn’t let the league know ahead of time about this as they notified us on Friday about the time change. Again, I understand they can’t be too flexible when it comes to scheduling, but they could have easily had such an important season-decider match at another point in the next few weeks that would have worked better for both teams, rather than trying to force it on to the teams and have one of the two teams suffer as a result. I agree, Norvan has it the worst of all of us and it’ll going to take a miracle for either us or Norvan to finish on top of Burnaby with the tight schedule both of us have to finish the season, specially considering we’ll have to play in the cup as well, on top of the league. We have a roster of 12 guys right now and it’ll only take one or two more suspensions, injuries, or game day emergencies for us to not even have enough players to start a match and this is extremely frustrating considering the fact that we were on top of the league for the majority of the season and now have to suffer because of the league scheduling.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoF

Lenno

Sep 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldn't agree more. Then to make it worse. Our quarter final was scheduled for the Wednesday , guys got time off work and we travelled all across town for a 9pm kick off. No lights! So through no fault of our own we had to play Saturday a quarter instead of a semi. Another game behind. Trying to get guys to take time off work and also risking the health of players who are playing with knocks and injuries with no time to recover. It should be understood by the league that no one could do anything about the snow , it not our fault as teams but we are paying the price. The end of season should be moved in extreme circumstances like this. We have 3 games a week for two weeks. It's gonna be interesting. I wouldn't mind if I was on 150,000 a week

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with ref44. I understand the league is trying to finish the season in time because of all the cancellations, but they can’t be forcing us to play games back to back, specially when they are such crucial games that decide the season for us and other teams possibly. We’ve had to play our last 5, 6 games with us just trying to get 11 guys together for every game just so we can play a game and that has been showing in our recent results.There are so much players can do with rescheduling work so they can make the games but having to change work schedule twice or three times a week is a lot to ask people to do. Both us and Norvan have made it far in the cup too so we are the ones suffering the most from it and of course, Burnaby is doing the best because they have more time to rest and pick up fewer injuries on the way and hence, are top of the league now. We had to start our cup game with our coach and assistant coach dressing to play, both whom haven’t played a minute in 6 months. We finished the game against Burnaby, our most important game of the season so far, with 3 guys injured who couldn’t continue and we couldn’t sub them off because we didn’t have any guys on the bench to come in for them, and we got scored on in the last 2 minutes off a questionable goal mouth scramble. Not trying to make excuses here, Burnaby have a good team and a tie would have probably been fair Monday night, but it’s just very frustrating to play these back to back crucial games with so many guys getting injured on the way. Also, the league originally had the game scheduled Tuesday night, but the field was only booked for an hour and 15minutes meaning the lights would have gone off midway through the game so we were forced to move it to Monday night, which was the day of Persian New Year resulting in us missing even more players because of that. We obviously couldn’t let the league know ahead of time about this as they notified us on Friday about the time change. Again, I understand they can’t be too flexible when it comes to scheduling, but they could have easily had such an important season-decider match at another point in the next few weeks that would have worked better for both teams, rather than trying to force it on to the teams and have one of the two teams suffer as a result. I agree, Norvan has it the worst of all of us and it’ll going to take a miracle for either us or Norvan to finish on top of Burnaby with the tight schedule both of us have to finish the season, specially considering we’ll have to play in the cup as well, on top of the league. We have a roster of 12 guys right now and it’ll only take one or two more suspensions, injuries, or game day emergencies for us to not even have enough players to start a match and this is extremely frustrating considering the fact that we were on top of the league for the majority of the season and now have to suffer because of the league scheduling.
It is really ridiculous dashshervin the way we are being forced to play. We have had games where the league has okayed it for us to have off. We even have one upcoming where a lot of our team are out of country for a wedding and they okayed it. Now they put another game on that date. I know it's the same with u guys and Persian new year. I know they are trying to get these games in to see where the seeds for the provincial cup will be but u guys should be ok to play midweek games after the cup draw as u are now in the provincial cup with ur berth in the league cup final. If we get by strikers Friday we will be asking for that as should your team. If you remember last season we did not play and beat campo until 3 weeks after the cup. That's when we got screwed by the league when the rule 6.3 was not even in the rule book for vacancies. Not sure how u could go head to head winners for promotion if there is no playoff game then go goal difference for vacancies. I will get a hold of babak and go over an approach to the league if we win Friday because for us 3 games in 5 days with the last being a cup final is ludicrous

Reactions: GoF

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldn't agree more. Then to make it worse. Our quarter final was scheduled for the Wednesday , guys got time off work and we travelled all across town for a 9pm kick off. No lights! So through no fault of our own we had to play Saturday a quarter instead of a semi. Another game behind. Trying to get guys to take time off work and also risking the health of players who are playing with knocks and injuries with no time to recover. It should be understood by the league that no one could do anything about the snow , it not our fault as teams but we are paying the price. The end of season should be moved in extreme circumstances like this. We have 3 games a week for two weeks. It's gonna be interesting. I wouldn't mind if I was on 150,000 a week
We tried to move the quarter finals to the Tuesday but was told it has to be Wednesday and with no lights we asked Catliff to go Thursday. He said if I could get a field so I did. He then said the league okayed for them not to play on Thursday. They couldn't make it but when they were asked on Wednesday most of them said they could. Now this semi final we asked for it to be Thursday night as I talked with Angelo the ref assigner and knew most of the better quality refs will be assigned to prem and div 1 games he said that would be great and he fired off an email to Catliff but to no avail. The other team said no they couldn't play that day. They probably have exams as do some of ours. If we played Thursday we would have had a better ref and been given an extra day off for rest. Seems we ask and we are denied.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnaby white eagles had fewer subs than shaheen on that night .Maybe the white eagles are just plain and simply that much better a team ? did that thought cross your mind .o_O:pompous:

ref44

Aug 13, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby white eagles had fewer subs than shaheen on that night .Maybe the white eagles are just plain and simply that much better a team ? did that thought cross your mind .o_O:pompous:
No. not denying they r a good team but the two times they played us they got 1 shot the first game from a set piece and inside our 20 maybe 4-5 times the entire game. We squandered our chances. Hit the post twice we had at least a dozen good scoring chances. the second time they scored a great header for the first and the second was 3steps offside. Once again we had a good dozen chances and couldn't finish.
In the shaheen game it was the Persian new year and the white eagles had a strong team. It was a few different guys that played us the week before but they were healthy. Shaheen had injured player the same player had to go in 3 times. Shaheen missed a pk early and gave up a goal mouth scramble goal when their keeper was knocked to ground by a white eagle player and another tapped in the ball. Poor call from Ernesto who was well away from being in position. After the second goal by white eagles shaheen pressed and if the game was another 5 minutes longer I'm sure shaheen would have scored.
So ya white eagles r a decent team but they have been lucky too.

toine216

Nov 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be a BEER GARDEN(cash only) and food opening at noon at Town Centre tomorrow for All Cups Day. Hope to see all the players, coaches, and spectators wet their whistles while enjoying a great day of football.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baseless Div. 2 Cup FINAL Prediction:

NorVan v Shaheen
Much has been made by both teams of the busy fixture list heading into this one. The good news is that it would ostensibly seem to even out between the two teams! Obviously it's a one game, winner take all Cup final, so anything can happen and both teams are full value for making it to the end. Shaheen, however, had a relatively easy time with arguably their toughest test coming in the Semi Final by way of a Division 3 team. Take nothing away from their performances, but while they've been strolling towards the final NorVan have been slogging it out in arguably the toughest section of the draw. Their list of scalps now includes a win over the powerful 13th Legion from 2A. Much has been made of the perceived disparity between 2A and 2B, but it's two team from 2B in the Final so draw your own conclusions. Shaheen saw of NorVan in their only meeting quite handly to the tune of 4-2, but NorVan are in position to finish higher in the table. There's honestly not much to choose here, but I like NorVan's toughness. They are more battle tested in the cup, plus they got past the Legion playing with only ten men. That tips it for me, I like NorVan in this derby final, hopefully it's a cracker!

Lenno

Sep 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty tight game, .norvan with the better of the chances I think, penalty decided the game with about 7 mins to go. Some say it was a penalty some say it wasn't, I think the defender got the ball but came through the man to get it , Not a nice way to lose for shaheen but I know norvan will happily take it. 1-0 the final to norvan.

Lenno

Sep 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty tight game, .norvan with the better of the chances I think, penalty decided the game with about 7 mins to go. Some say it was a penalty some say it wasn't, I think the defender got the ball but came through the man to get it , Not a nice way to lose for shaheen but I know norvan will happily take it. 1-0 the final to norvan.
Worth mentioning norvan went whole cup run without conceding a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts