Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First preseason game coming up within the next month in prep for the season and the CCL QF vs Red Bulls.

Anyone know when preseason camp begins and where this year?

Cheers,

Regs.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
First preseason game coming up within the next month in prep for the season and the CCL QF vs Red Bulls.

Anyone know when preseason camp begins and where this year?

Cheers,

Regs.

A little over a month before Our first CCL game against bulls. Yikes.

Thought I heard camp was a European tour this year and the team home base will be in Wales?

Robbo Bring the team over for tea and Yorshire pudding after training

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 straight on the road april/may and 4 out last 5 on the road. A 4 game homestand In may/June and again Sept . Interesting

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like how the MLS schedule the games the way they do. I think if they alternated home and away people would be more engaged but as it is you overload people with games for 3-4 weeks then they disappear off the radar for a month. Plus the wife doesn't give you credit for not going to a game for a month but you sure hear about it if you go 3 Saturdays in a row.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like how the MLS schedule the games the way they do. I think if they alternated home and away people would be more engaged but as it is you overload people with games for 3-4 weeks then they disappear off the radar for a month. Plus the wife doesn't give you credit for not going to a game for a month but you sure hear about it if you go 3 Saturdays in a row.

They Probably only do it because of those asshole clubs who dont have soccer specific stadiums

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably the same clubs that call 21,000 seats sold in a 50,000 set stadium a sell out. On that topic I think as the roster stands getting 21,000 for most games is going to be tough. I am pretty sure they are bringing someone in but it is starting to get a little close to the start of the season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I the only one very disappointed the Caps couldn't find it within themselves to draft this kid in the 2nd round?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/adonijah-reid

Can't teach natural attacking instincts, or finishing. The kid has a nose for the net, but we pick ANOTHER ginger-back ahead of him.

Nothing against gingers.

Seems our #1 pick went to fill a position of need. http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/jakob-nerwinski

Can't say I argue. RB, it is the draft, and the MLS draft seems to be about stockpiling defenders...except when there happens to be a 17 year old Canadian out there that displays natural attacking ability.

Did Steve Nash bring the curse of Steve Nash to the Caps? Never understood why the Griz never took him when they had the chance. Or traded for him when they had the chance. Argh.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesn't Kadin Chung play right back? Pretty sure he's been lighting it up at every level so far.... I know he's young, but lets start getting him into the mix with some of the Canadian Amway games.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see David Norman's son signed with the whitecaps 2 team. Anybody know is he a good player like his father or did he get signed because of his father?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see David Norman's son signed with the whitecaps 2 team. Anybody know is he a good player like his father or did he get signed because of his father?

Seems like he had a decent season in NCAA Div 1. I'm sure the family connection doesn't hurt either.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

He's a very good player.
Nothing to do with his Dad's career.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to hear. Sometimes I wonder if the Whitecaps are keeping too many Alumni around because of who they are rather than their ability to do what they have been hired to do and I would hate to think it makes its way to players they sign.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw Bobby on the news Yesterday. He didn't look well. Job has aged him a lot recently. Looked stressed and like he hadn't slept in weeks. The search for a striker is gonna do him in. Ownership must have him on his last life line this year but it . Times running Out. CCL home and home is only a couple weeks away.

Go Canucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0