Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude - seen the water planes up in Whistler- can you get direct flights from Whistler to Victoria Harbour?

Coach should feel heat - rested starters for MLS campaign - lose both the CCL and the easy win MLS game in between. Would have rather seen Amanda then Greig, if we're going with a B team at least try the young guys. I'm sure Greig is a good guy, but he's 27 and hasn't cracked an MLS team.. Liked the starting line up last week with Shea up front and Davies starting - Davies almost got us back in it there, but thats a lot to put on a 16 year old

That would be spending $300 to go see a game that'll cost me $20 to get into. Any you forget: I've spent all my money moving there, now I will have to figure out how to afford to live there.

Besides, $300.00 can get you some pretty good powder skis on Whistler New & Used....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that Robbo shouted to Rosales "Get warmed up".
"You're coming off".

People are saying it was "A good effort".
I don't think they respect the tournament.
If they want to give young Canadians a chance in the first team, then introduce them 1 or 2 at a time.
Not too many at once, it's not fair on them.
Still not happy with the long ball over the top for players to chase.
Schoolboy stuff.
What happened to the striker getting the ball played into his feet, then laying it off & moving defenders out of their comfort zone to create space for oncoming midfielders to penetrate?
Seems very predictable to me.
Your thoughts?

Robo didn't put out a starting 11 that could play a game dictated through our midfield, that's the problem. I'm sure that same 11 would dominate any USL squad, but against Montreal they were outclassed.

Damn right they don't respect the tournament.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can say you respect the tournament but when your actions say different you have your answer. It is clear they do not. Montreal played two DP's. It's all about the league.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I love is that the Whitecaps act all hurt and shocked when the stadium is half empty for CCL games, despite the fact that they continue to foist WFC 3 plus RT - who was shocking against Montreal, btw - on us...

As for Hamid, that's always a penalty - he's well late to the party and the ball is clattering off the crossbar when he punches out Shea... ergo, the ball is still in play... ergo, penalty.

as for a card, I agree with the referee above - it's kind of like Yogi said.... "you can hear a lot by listening"... 9 times out of 10 the eyes don't lie, because players, frankly, aren't smart enough to track the ball while they truck some guy that caught them with their studs 30 minutes ago... in Hamid's case, he was going for the ball, he just didn't get there... yellow at best, and given that you had to go to your AR to even get the penalty right, from a game management perspective I'd have kept the card in the pocket...

Anyone know where this Sorin Stoica guy came from?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The mother alludes to the Whitecaps needing to take more responsibility for this alleged incident. How so?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably in education.

I think everyone on this board has been through some sort of initiation, and even dealt w/ bullying that comes w/ being a new member to a squad, and low man on totem pole. There is a slippery slope between initiation, and locker-room shenanigans, and assault.This definitely sounds like it went way, way too far.

There may or may not have been anything the Caps could have done to prevent this, but going forward, my bet is that a large component of their education will be based on avoiding future incidents and perhaps altering the culture.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think She is referring to that this is not the first incident. I read some of the parent comments on Global FB page.... Here are a few....

"This is not a first. These white caps boys at the school have been making trouble not only to their own teammates but other children at the secondary. So far 4 cases in my daughter's grade have been reported. All linked to bullying and body shaming and sexual comments. All from white caps boys to other students. Boys and Girls. I have seen enough and I am ready to take the next step to speak to the school. This has to stop. I feel horrible for this boy and his family."

"It the latest in a series of sick sexual "pranks" causing players to leave. Not to mention all the other rampant bullying that they have turned a blind eye to. I know 4 other parents whos kids have been really hurt by these boys. Like sick stuff too. School didnt even do a thing. Now they are forced to. Can't cover this up this time Burnaby Central and Whitecaps."

"hese kids have been bullying and hurting kids with nothing being done for a long time. There have been several complaints filed about this and players have left the team recently for vulgar actions that occured on the recent trip to Sweden. The school or club did nothing to protect our kids we warned them these boys were basically free to do as they please. I am so angry that this had to happen for something to be done. Why didnt they listen to all the parental complaints and warnings? The program is flawed and should be decommissioned once an for all."

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
"One boy left the team a couple weeks ago after the Sweden trip because his teammates pressed their naked butts on his face while he was asleep"

He should be thankful he didn't get tea-bagged.

Kids today are fcuking soft.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"One boy left the team a couple weeks ago after the Sweden trip because his teammates pressed their naked butts on his face while he was asleep"

LOL, no doubt. My thoughts exactly when I read that, though again, we don't know the exact circumstances.

I now feel bad, because I think we've all pulled "The Impossible sit-up" plank on someone before, and I directed my kid to a Youtube, and he then went and pulled the prank on one of his cycling teammates while on a road trip. Is he guilty of sexual assault, now? Am I guilty of raising a bully?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

I dont know of another post that deserved a T-Bag of dicks more than this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts