Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they can also add Atiba Hutchinson they will have completely change my outlook on this season. It would have been nice if Montero was here for all the preseason because it sounds like he may not be ready to start the season.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't take him too long to get going. Maybe 2-3 weeks. If he can finish as he once did we should be much higher up the standings then last year. I still don't think we have the greatest piece in who we pair up with Laba. Jacobson will do fine but not really a box to box guy.
Perhaps RT takes a step forward in his development.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, why is Montero on loan from the Chinese league? Was he not Doing well there?

Usually loaned players are out of form and not getting minutes. Anyone know what's up there?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
China changed the rules this year regarding international players and are now only allowed to have 3 internationals on the field at one time and many teams had more than 3.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully it works tonight...Whitecaps game v Portland is being streamed live on their website tonight at 7.30pm...for some reason Hurtado once again getting the start!

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last nights game was concerning for a number of reasons. Saw a lot of the same problems that we saw last year from a lot of the same players. Did they not learn anything in the off season. As good as Laba has been he is getting pulled out of position way to often and he is not getting any better on the ball. Same can be said for Waston. Right back still looks like it is going to be a problem and we are constantly out played in the middle of the park. Other than the play of Reyna before he got hurt the only bright spot was the free kick from Techera and it needed to be because Reyna looked ready to take it before 5'2" Techera muscled his way in to take it.

Anyway the good feeling of Montero signing was quickly lost by watching the rest of the team play.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where was Bolanos?
You'd think he would be our 10. Him or Mezquida?

I don't think that was our starting line up.
But yes. Laba really needs the right partner in there to make his play look better. Great ball winner but doesn't give a much more.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We went from best defensively in 2015 to worst in 2016. What happened? Did we have a fluke year in 2015? Who partnered Waston that year in central D? Was the the departure of Beitashour that significant?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were we the winners or losers of that trade? I don't even remember who came back our direction! haha

Definite Losers.... "in exchange for general allocation money and targeted allocation money. Vancouver will also receive a percentage of any future transfer fee obtained by New England."

off the post

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where was Bolanos?
You'd think he would be our 10. Him or Mezquida?

I don't think that was our starting line up.
But yes. Laba really needs the right partner in there to make his play look better. Great ball winner but doesn't give a much more.
Bolanos is injured!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0