Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We went from best defensively in 2015 to worst in 2016. What happened? Did we have a fluke year in 2015? Who partnered Waston that year in central D? Was the the departure of Beitashour that significant?

I don't think it is who partnered Waston i just think teams have worked Waston out, other teams rarely cross high into our box and play through the channels as they know he has no speed so they are either through or he takes the player out.

Right back is a concern for sure, number 1 draft pick didn't look ready last night and Williams doesn't look much better.

Jacobson certainly settled the midfield down when he replaced Teibert but still not the dynamic midfielder we need.

Barnes? Don't get me started on his lack of effort and the headband!

Hurtado, i think we all know what needs to happen with this guy.

Robbo has a lot of work to do before the CCL game next week that's for sure

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure anyone has seen the new 2017 Rain Jersey? 2 words - fcuking Ugly, unless your a big fan if triangles I guess.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes a couple question marks this season for sure. If they get Atiba, it will be massive and really help balance our midfield.

Our back line with Watson not being in form for a long period of time is the big question. Assuming our new striker can actually put the ball in the net at a decent rate, and we can stay healthy with our pacey and or creative wings.
Defence needs to shore up fast. That right side with a rookie and a slower big man can be our Achilles heal. I want to see what Dean has to offer back there. He def has the physique to be a CB. Can he spray a ball and pass well? I haven't seen enough.

Wings of Davies and manneh with Bolanos as the 10 and montero the 9 looks very exciting on paper. Throw atiba (dreaming here) supporting them as the 8 and that's a fun front 5/6.
On paper.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some wacky things going on with WFC2. It's no secret that this is probably their final season here in Vancouver. Apparently they already tried to move the team to Calgary, but got blocked by the CSA. I have no idea what the reasoning behind that refusal was.

The even stranger thing I heard is that Steve Nash is under real consideration to be the new WFC2 Head Coach. Other options are Kah, Fagan (U18 Res Coach), and the coach of the Calgary Foothills PDL team.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Steve Nash fan...and it's possible that if he didn't choose basketball we may have been speaking about him as Canada's best soccer player produced (and not Hargreaves), but to have him coach with no previous experience would be stupid. PR move.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny I glanced over dezza's post and read Nash and assumed it was Martin and didn't think much of it. If it is Steve it just is another layer of what is wrong with the Whitecaps. It has become an old boys club that offers employment for old NASL players and a toy for owners to play with regardless of qualifications. You cannot produce top players and create a winning culture in that environment.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some wacky things going on with WFC2. It's no secret that this is probably their final season here in Vancouver. Apparently they already tried to move the team to Calgary, but got blocked by the CSA. I have no idea what the reasoning behind that refusal was.

The even stranger thing I heard is that Steve Nash is under real consideration to be the new WFC2 Head Coach. Other options are Kah, Fagan (U18 Res Coach), and the coach of the Calgary Foothills PDL team.
Fagan deserves that role 100%. The effort he's put in and the time should be held well above others. However knowing this club nothing would surprise me.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both are registered TTPers... but they won't admit it probably, not since a certain individual started posting so much here... :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about Craig Dalrymple? Seems to me he's the logical choice, has put in his time, done so much personal development in coaching, and is a "company man", sort of speak. I think he deserves getting that shot. The right guy to promote internally.

Outside the squad...sure, why not Thomson or Reedie? I don't see the Caps doing that, but they'd be silly not to look at these two guys as pieces they should integrate into their system.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must admit, I was a little concerned after reading it may go to Steve Nash. Martin Nash, sure, I could get behind that, but Steve is so disconnected from the game at that level, it'd be laughable.

Congrats to Rich! Good hire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0