Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2018 Imperial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Further on this...

I have tapped my league sources and am told that they are looking to hand off to BC Soccer on the dressing room incident. Problem is that they will need Uppal to include it in his report and send that to BC Soccer. Of course neither Uppal or any other member of his crew from the Rino's/Inter game were present for the incident. Getting very murky, stay tuned.

Inter, in the meantime, are being respectful of the process and understand that the league will need to give this matter the serious attention that it deserves...

I'm just kidding...

In a further twist, I am told Inter have, in fact, filed a protest of the game. My sources tell me that they believe the protest to be accusing Rino's of fielding an ineligible player. I don't recall Rino's making a multitude of substitutions (they made two just after the start of the second half and then maybe another one or two along the way), so I doubt it is with regards to that. With the new pre-filled rosters it would be impossible to play anyone who is not registered or called up from another team. It would be a massive stretch to suggest that the player not dressed who invaded the pitch with Blaise after the tying goal constitutes an "ineligible player," so I cannot think that is the scenario.

That leaves only the classic scenario of a player being registered in another league in the lower mainland (ie FVSL) or indeed anywhere around the world I suppose. The other one would be a player pretending to be another named player on the roster. Explosive allegations if true, but I find it hard to believe. If Inter have a smoking gun, so be it, but the way that I am hearing it this is not a slam dunk case with concrete evidence for the above. Seems like a long shot and maybe some serious sour grapes, but I will wait to pass judgment until the evidence is borne out. Presumably, if the protest is successful that would nullify the in-game red card incident; obviously the dressing room incident would still need to be dealt with.

I think this is a long shot, but, if I'm Metro Ford I am making sure to beat Chile on Friday night just in case this cup result is vacated and the Provincial Cup berth is back up for grabs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Further on this...

I have tapped my league sources and am told that they are looking to hand off to BC Soccer on the dressing room incident. Problem is that they will need Uppal to include it in his report and send that to BC Soccer. Of course neither Uppal or any other member of his crew from the Rino's/Inter game were present for the incident. Getting very murky, stay tuned.

Inter, in the meantime, are being respectful of the process and understand that the league will need to give this matter the serious attention that it deserves...

I'm just kidding...

In a further twist, I am told Inter have, in fact, filed a protest of the game. My sources tell me that they believe the protest to be accusing Rino's of fielding an ineligible player. I don't recall Rino's making a multitude of substitutions (they made two just after the start of the second half and then maybe another one or two along the way), so I doubt it is with regards to that. With the new pre-filled rosters it would be impossible to play anyone who is not registered or called up from another team. It would be a massive stretch to suggest that the player not dressed who invaded the pitch with Blaise after the tying goal constitutes an "ineligible player," so I cannot think that is the scenario.

That leaves only the classic scenario of a player being registered in another league in the lower mainland (ie FVSL) or indeed anywhere around the world I suppose. The other one would be a player pretending to be another named player on the roster. Explosive allegations if true, but I find it hard to believe. If Inter have a smoking gun, so be it, but the way that I am hearing it this is not a slam dunk case with concrete evidence for the above. Seems like a long shot and maybe some serious sour grapes, but I will wait to pass judgment until the evidence is borne out. Presumably, if the protest is successful that would nullify the in-game red card incident; obviously the dressing room incident would still need to be dealt with.

I think this is a long shot, but, if I'm Metro Ford I am making sure to beat Chile on Friday night just in case this cup result is vacated and the Provincial Cup berth is back up for grabs.

LOL, this just keeps getting better!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Inter did file a protest, and it is absolutely down to sour grapes and being sore losers. As someone said to me, "if you can't win on the pitch, try to win administratively -- that's soccer in Canada"

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Based on the videos I have cracked the case...I know who the illegal player who played for Rino was. Inter do have a case.

@dezza I am surprised you thought you could hide it...

And he is a TTP'er as well..

Watch the video closely and you too will see that it was @SmartCoach who was the illegal player... from 4:22 to 4:34

Obviously he snuck into the game during the chaos without anyone knowing...

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And who the f*ck suckers someone after a game? What a massive pussy. Shows he is the opposite of tough. Did he run away right after too?

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes he did run away like a pussy! He did the same thing in nations cup awhile back when he sucker punched someone from behind AFTER the game and ran away and I am not sure if he got any suspension for that incident.

Is Nations cup run by BC Soccer, does anyone know?

blade

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milad says, I'm very very Sorry . This wont happen again.

Stevie Wonder says, I'll buy you a beer next time I see you.

If you had to chose one, Who's word do you take?

Akslop, Let me buy YOU a beer for this one. This is absolutely hilarious!!!! Point well said mate!!!;)

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes he did run away like a pussy! He did the same thing in nations cup awhile back when he sucker punched someone from behind AFTER the game and ran away and I am not sure if he got any suspension for that incident.

Is Nations cup run by BC Soccer, does anyone know?

Yes it is. Can you recall what year that happened?

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on the protest? Looking at the schedule for this weekend it says Rinos vs Croatia so I am assuming that nothing has happened with the protest.

I also saw that Milad is on the suspended players list I am assuming the league is dealing with it. Question becomes if he does in fact gets suspended is it for both league and cup games or just cup games? I know from the past if the player gets suspended during cup games then the suspension is only for cup games. Can anyone clarify?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on the protest? Looking at the schedule for this weekend it says Rinos vs Croatia so I am assuming that nothing has happened with the protest.

I also saw that Milad is on the suspended players list I am assuming the league is dealing with it. Question becomes if he does in fact gets suspended is it for both league and cup games or just cup games? I know from the past if the player gets suspended during cup games then the suspension is only for cup games. Can anyone clarify?

Milad suspension This has gone to BC Soccer
His actions are a lot more serious than just league or cup play suspension
This might go to CSA

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
After going a perfect four for four in the quarters I bottled it and struck out in the semis, predicting both games wrong. I will try to close things out with a win and will do my best to make it to Coquitlam Town Centre for the 5:30 kick off and post a match report afterwards; hope to see you all there!

Completely Baseless Predictions: Imperial Cup
Semi Finals: 0/2
Overall: 16/22

Final:
Rino's Tigers v Croatia
This final pits the league's top scorers against the league's top scorer. Rino's Tigers pre-Christmas form bonanza saw them rocket from mid-November through until the winter break Tigers put up a blistering 22 goals over just six games. Add in a few other lopsided scorelines from matches against bottom clubs and it is easy to see how Rino's finished the season with a league best 63 goals from 22 games. That was seven more that the second highest tally in the league jointly owned by title winners Rovers Tigers and Rino's opposition for this Imperial Cup Final, Croatia. The European's were no slouches in the goal department at all as 56 goals is an impressive output. They were spurred on by Golden Boot winner David Malamura who accounted for 19 of those goals and edged out VMSL goal scoring regulars Carlo Basso, Nick Soolsma and Milad Mehrabi to take the individual scoring title. David's brother Mark Malamura also chipped in with a very respectable eight goals to his name as Croatia continues to be a family affair, with long time stalwart veteran the Sulentic's easing into retirement in player-coaching roles. The Europeans are looking to pass the torch to a new generation who can recapture the hey-days of the nineties when the club won multiple Imperial Cups and hovered around the top of the VMSL, though never winning a Premier League Title. Rino's too are looking to usher in a new era of amateur soccer dominance, though questions always seemingly loom about just how "amateur" their program is in reality. The club once sat perched atop the local soccer pyramid when it was winning National Championships as part of Westside before their split from club in the around a decade ago. It has taken much time and effort, with a few missteps along the way (most notably a botched venture into the VMSL's Premier division two seasons ago that saw them finish rock bottom with no wins and only two solitary points on the season), but the club now looks poised to contend regularly for silverware. The squad they fielded in that pre-holiday run was arguably the best in the VMSL. The rub was that, come January, their high profile college recruits were no longer available to them and that led to a major downturn in form.

The Vancouver boys went four games without a win to start the New Year and slipped out of contention for a push for the title. Indeed their once all but assured place in the Provincial Cup was beginning to look in doubt until a massive win over Coquitlam Metro Ford kept them in the drivers seat before their Imperial Cup semi-final victory over Inter book them the VMSL's sixth and final spot in the competition. Croatia themselves had somewhat of a cooling off period results wise come the turn of the calendar. Most notably a four game stretch from the middle of January into February where their defense appeared to abandon the squad and perhaps head for warmer climates. The team posted a record of 1-1-2 over the stretch, but, most worryingly, allowed an alarming 16 goals against over those four matches. Both clubs pulled out of their sloppy form and righted the ship heading into the Imperial Cup. Right from the opening draw Croatia looked to have the easiest path the the semi-finals and, after enjoying a bye, they cruised past lowly Richmond before Division 1 bottom feeders GN Sporting did not even bother to show up. Rino's too enjoyed a relatively straight forward path to the semis with a bye and then back to back matched against Division 1 opponents, though their Quarter Final against club rivals Rino's Fury had the potential to be a banana peel. Two very hard fought semi final victories over Inter and West Van respectively brought these two clubs to the final where it is expected that they will put on a show. The first meeting between these two produced one of the matches of the season that saw Croatia knick the winner in a 5-4 barn-burner. That was a definite shot across the bow for Rino's regarding life in the top flight and, to their credit, they pulled up their socks and got after it from that point onward. By the time the reverse fixture came around Tigers were in their best form of the season in December and handle the Europeans relatively easily, winning 3-1 away at Burnaby Lake. So it would seem that this final is likely to come down to which side Rino's Tigers is able to field. Will they have their top college and TSS Rovers PDL players available? If so it would seem much more likely that this game plays out similarly to the second meeting of the season between these clubs. One player who will not be available for Tigers is centre back and captain Alex Kleefeldt, as he will sit his suspension for being sent of for his well documented encounter with Milad Rahmati in the Imperial Cup Semis. With a full side I think Rino's are clear favourites, but they are so unpredictable. Therefore, I will go with the steady and reliable Croatians in this one, under the leadership of the Sulentics who have lifted this trophy themselves before. I think all the neutrals will be hoping this one plays out like the first meeting of the season between this two as nine goals would certainly be a great way to brighten up a rainy April Saturday!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know if I've ever seen such an underwhelming response to receiving the Imperial Cup?

Too busy getting out fcuking phones maybe.

:)

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta say, No F@CKs given by winning lot. That said, great seeing Rino. He even mentioned I was a blonde when WS won last. I digress. Well done all winners yesterday and to the finalists.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta say, No F@CKs given by winning lot. That said, great seeing Rino. He even mentioned I was a blonde when WS won last. I digress. Well done all winners yesterday and to the finalists.
Well uniballer from when you played for me did you
Have the faith our club could rise from the ashes of the great team you played on Westside Rino’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts