Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Nations Cup Men's Open Predictions

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of curiosity who are the communities with full teams of players that are eligible under the rules, but not currently participating in the tournament?

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are players out there who are Portugese, African, Irish, German, etc. But are they being chosen? Would you take Soolsma over someone who's of Div1/2 calibre?
If teams can't field a team then reduce it to 12 in the open. IMO there should not be any "foreigners" at all in any div on any country. It might be easy to say rather than do but its not really a Nations Cup when a country isn't fielding its own talent.
My 2 cents or should I say my nickel.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about Canada? do they get to draw whoever they want to because everyone who lives in Canada could be considered a Canadian.

I agree nations cup lost integrity, you get players play for teams whoever offers them the most money. There should be a rule of 3 foreigners per team but then how do you enforce it?? Players could easily lie about their background.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's pretty obvious. Everyone has to sign up for 23andMe DNA testing.

Maybe Nations Cup could get them to sponsor the tournament and provide free testing for all the players.

Imagine the drama when someone in the Open tournament finds out their real Dad is actually playing in the O-45s or O-52s.

Nov 25, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the max 3 foreign players rule is ideal, but not realistic. As it is right now, almost every year we're seeing India and Italy at least in the semis and none of the others can really compete with them on a year over year basis. It wouldn't be much of a competition in the open division if that rule is enforced, and the tournament would lose its value completely.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts