Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone please explain how last games loss was on the coach?
We had tons of the ball. 72% possession.
25 shorts and 10 hitting the target compared to 9/3. Corner kicks we had 7, to their 3.
Crosses we had 28 and Colorado had 3.
1 yellow for us, 5 for them.
We were all over them. Just no finish.

A coach can lead his team to water but can’t make them drink it. He has them playing on the same page, and totally outclassed Colorado on the day. Tim Howard comes up with some big saves and we don’t finish 4-5 sitters in the box.
I was there live. We should have been up a few goals in the first half alone. But no finish. Is that on Robbo?

That was some of the best soccer I have seen the play. Davies was ripping up his line and creating tons. Kai, and others just couldn’t score.
Did you guys watch this game? Did you see the sitters we had? It should have been a blow out for the caps. No way is it on the coach.
He did great with the players he had available.
His back 3 was de Jong, Henry and Franklin second half. And we still dominated. If anything he deserves a pat on the back for that. No Aja, waston, and any form of regulars back there.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
25 shorts and 10 hitting the target compared to 9/3. Corner kicks we had 7, to their 3.

A coach can lead his team to water but can’t make them drink it. He has them playing on the same page, and totally outclassed Colorado on the day. Tim Howard comes up with some big saves and we don’t finish 4-5 sitters in the box.
I was there live. We should have been up a few goals in the first half alone. But no finish. Is that on Robbo?

That was some of the best soccer I have seen the play. Davies was ripping up his line and creating tons. Kai, and others just couldn’t score.
Did you guys watch this game? Did you see the sitters we had? It should have been a blow out for the caps. No way is it on the coach.
His back 3 was de Jong, Henry and Franklin second half. And we still dominated. If anything he deserves a pat on the back for that. No Aja, waston, and any form of regulars back there.

Looked like the Caps had a really good game in the highlights and also dominated in the stats. I guess in soccer anything can happen but we should be beating the lower likes such as Colorado at home and on Canada Day imo. Can't blame Robo on this one. This season for me has been a mix of bad Robo decisions and players just not playing up to par. 50-50. But hey, we're still in a playoff spot....for now ;)

I think Castillo should have seen red on the foul on Davies. The guy is a worm and is one of my most hated players. Can someone just go two foot the guy already?!? haha

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@LION / @machel go rewatch the Colorado goal, and see how many simple errors you can pick out. I'm not talking about the part where de jong puts it in his own net.. I mean watch Felipe/Davies in the build up . Watch Henry and De Jong when the cross comes in. To have that many guys making such simple errors of not tracking their marks and leaving them completely free is baffling at this level. 0 mental awareness from all those players. Either these guys are all out to lunch or they just don't give a shite. Regardless of which it is the coaching staff has to share the blame because they've put them in the team, and seem to have failed to motivate them to perform.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@LION / @machel go rewatch the Colorado goal, and see how many simple errors you can pick out. I'm not talking about the part where de jong puts it in his own net.. I mean watch Felipe/Davies in the build up . Watch Henry and De Jong when the cross comes in. To have that many guys making such simple errors of not tracking their marks and leaving them completely free is baffling at this level. 0 mental awareness from all those players. Either these guys are all out to lunch or they just don't give a shite. Regardless of which it is the coaching staff has to share the blame because they've put them in the team, and seem to have failed to motivate them to perform.

I think we're agreeing for the most part here old friend. haha

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There you go making reasonable points again.

Count me in for any excuse to have Robo fired. Bad sweater? Fire him. Too much use of phrase “fine lines”? Fire him. Bad goatee? Fire him.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
here's the thing... it isn't working, and you can't fire all the players... it's really that simple at this stage... no I didn't watch the game, because after watching my Belgians go coast to coast in about seven seconds I cannot bring myself to watch fcuking Whitecaps-Rapids in "intimate atmosphere", artificial turfed BC Place.

They had lots of possession! They had chances! They had corners! They had crosses!

At what point does the fan base wake up and realize that none of that matters a lick. Wins matter. This team doesn't win. Yes, cheapskate ownership is the primary problem, but the job is to get results with the money provided, and Robbo isn't and has never done that. See ya...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wins matter. This team doesn't win. Yes, cheapskate ownership is the primary problem, but the job is to get results with the money provided, and Robbo isn't and has never done that. See ya...

Whitecaps have made the post season in 3 of the past 4 seasons. That in itself is an achievement with the players they have. Do you think another coach can take them farther in the playoffs with the personnel at hand?
The question is, what can Robo do with a good squad? We don't know, we've never seen a good squad here. Only average squads. And I agree that ownership is to blame for that.
There are currently better teams on paper than us lower in the standings. Like I said before, Robo has made some weird decisions for me at times and if he gets sacked I won't shed a tear but for this to fall squarely on him is quite absurd.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps have made the post season in 3 of the past 4 seasons. That in itself is an achievement with the players they have. Do you think another coach can take them farther in the playoffs with the personnel at hand?
The question is, what can Robo do with a good squad? We don't know, we've never seen a good squad here. Only average squads. And I agree that ownership is to blame for that.
There are currently better teams on paper than us lower in the standings. Like I said before, Robo has made some weird decisions for me at times and if he gets sacked I won't shed a tear but for this to fall squarely on him is quite absurd.

The problem is teams like NYRB, Columbus, FC Dallas, Sporting KC have comparable budgets to the Whitecaps and perform much better. If you think the quality of players on the Whitecaps isn't good enough then who's that on? Surely the guy responsible for recruiting them?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem is teams like NYRB, Columbus, FC Dallas, Sporting KC have comparable budgets to the Whitecaps and perform much better. If you think the quality of players on the Whitecaps isn't good enough then who's that on? Surely the guy responsible for recruiting them?

I have no idea who scouts and recruits these guys. Recruiting players from South America has been there since before Robo but I will agree that some of the decisions to let certain players go and decisions to sign others has been poor!

One thing about the teams you've mentioned is they have a core group that has stuck around, for the most part, throughout the years. It's a revolving door here with the Caps and that's not helping one bit. Robo's fault?...probably. Like I said, I don't think the problems squarely land on Robo but of course I realize he has some of the blame.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recruiting players from South America has been there since before Robo

The only South American player on the roster in 2013 was Camilo.

Robbo became manager ahead of the 2014 season.

I don't think South American players are necessarily a problem. I think the way Robbo runs the team is a problem, and it's just that those guys take advantage of the laissez-faire environment that he's created. There is no accountability.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only South American player on the roster in 2013 was Camilo.

Robbo became manager ahead of the 2014 season.

I don't think South American players are necessarily a problem. I think the way Robbo runs the team is a problem, and it's just that those guys take advantage of the laissez-faire environment that he's created. There is no accountability.

You're exposing how much I know about our whitecaps you sh@thead :p

Alright then, off with his head. Gotta be a few coaches looking for new jobs after this World Cup! haha

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe they all need some pregame BC bud to mellow out a bit.

Surely Robo must have some say in the guys he wants to keep and the guys who aren’t producing or doing their job in his eyes, and lets management know. He must have some hand in the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts