Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So disappointed with Juarez and Felipe. Tough to fault the Caps on this one entirely, it all looked good on paper. Felipe had a proven track record in the league and Juarez was much experienced in Mexico. Time to cut bait though.

Blondell still has potential and, while not fully earning his paycheque currently, I can like with his salary for another season before passing final judgement.

Shea at half price would be a perfect fit; at 700k it just doesn't work.

Reyna has proven he has something to offer at this level, despite his penchant for running hot and cold, and there would be a market for his services if we did not stump up the money, so if we want to be able to have players like him we have to pay.

Kamara is a proven goal scorer at this level and you pay a premium for that. He has delivered the goals, however they come, so, IMO, he's earning his money.

Ghazal is a classic victim of a salary cap league. Decent player, good to have around the group and can provide reliable depth off the bench. However, that's too much to be paying a guy who is not a starting, impact player; the money is better invested elsewhere.

Waston is your captain and a top defender in the league. Again, you have to be willing to pay a premium for quality. His salary works out to roughly $11,000 a week which is not that much when you consider defenders in the Championship in England earn, on average, 15,000 pounds per week. I think that is a decent comparable, maybe a bit complimentary, but not totally out to lunch. Overall, I'd say Waston is full value for his contract.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is why it totally baffles me that Davey Norman Jr. can't get a fcuking sniff in this line-up. Juarez is permitted to pull the shite he has, and DN can't find his way out of the clubhouse.

I really don't care if we win the Canadian Championship. It's only a couple of games so why not use the young guys in the system and give some of the main crew a rest?

Also, Bustos released to join USL side Oklahoma City Energy FC.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to be a Top 25 team in the world, when we can’t even be the top team in Canada. We’ve won this cup once, since it began in 2008. Go Caps:vomit:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:facepalm::banghead:

....because a 5'10" centre back is going to be effective in the MLS track meets against Altidore-sized strikers. Yep.
Who are they getting to play in the middle of the park again? Oh right.......

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:facepalm::banghead:

....because a 5'10" centre back is going to be effective in the MLS track meets against Altidore-sized strikers. Yep.
Who are they getting to play in the middle of the park again? Oh right.......

I know nothing about this guy, but as a philosophy, I don't necessarily disagree with the approach, assuming Waston remains your 1st option pair, and Henry your second option. It's pretty clear Waston and Henry can't play well together, too similar. Both are beasts in the air, but can be exposed on the ground. Waston more than Henry.

We need a guy that has quickness to cover for Waston in that area. Parker did have that, but he was weak with the ball at his feet. I'll take a 5'10 hard man who can play out of the back as a pairing for Waston. More than not, it's the quicker strikers exposing us. Altidore, well...he's not exactly a dime a dozen, and he's bloody well paired with Giovinco. That's bloody well deadly, and totally atypical in the MLS. Christ, you have Gio setting the platter, and Altidore finishing it. Is there any good match-up?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
coached against Norman in a few friendlies with the Residency program along the way; they were using him as a holding midfielder back then but who knows now... he's a right cnut on the pitch, which of course I like.. he'll have to add some bulk to get away with his shite in MLS though, unless they keep Waston around as a guardian angel...

in terms of the salaries, I'll take a crack at fair market value:

Aja - $180K
Blondell - $60K
Ghazal - $200K
Hurtado - $60K
Henry - $140K seems fine to me
Kei - $1 million is plenty fair, love his professionalism and work rate.... what hurts here is coughing up the 1st to get him
Juarez - $125K
Felipe - $300K
Marinovic - $200K
Nerwinski - $90K - the $67 has to be ELC
Mutch - $175K
Reyna - $250K - star has lost some of its shine
Teibert - $60K - really should be like $5K playing at Swangard
Techera - $225K
Waston - $500K
Shea - $150K

LOL...$60K? For anyone? Come on...you just can't admit when you are obviously wrong on judging a player. And you obviously are on Tiebert, current player and form. If you rate Felipe at $300K, and Mutch (who's made of glass, and literally can't finish a match without a long term injury) at $175K, then RT has to be between them.

$60K in MLS...may as well move onto CPL. Maybe that's your point.

The rest, fair ball. Like your comment on DNJ, that's the word on him. I'd like to see the squad play him beside RT or Felipe (ideally, I'd like Gershon back, but that's just stupid, looking to bring back a player, looking for work, who's had success here...who does that?), and we allow him to work through growing pains. I bet in short order he proves to be at least as steady as Ghazal, with at least as much or more bite, and likely a bit more to offer going up the pitch.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the match against NYRB... RT is, always has been, and always will be completely out of his depth at MLS...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn’t see it, but from all I’ve read on that match, his sub for Juarez, and his play, were huge influencers in a positive second half. In other words, it seems everyone else but you thinks he had a good match. In addition, his record this season has been quite good as a starter.

Dunno man....I think you have a bit of a RT Hard On you are ashamed of, don’t want to admit, and want to go away. So you tell yourself you can’t stand his play, but secretly you want it, covet it, must have it.

The evidence is in, laddies and gentlemen of the jury.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
When RT and Hurtado are your top performing players, may as well just head back to the USL and extra time breakaways. Well the breakaways were awesome, so I’d be cool with that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not going to argue that. We need a true #10 in MF, a guy willing and able to play box-to-box. Spend that Davies money on a stud.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't count on it. I only caught bits and pieces of Lenarduzi and Mallet on the radio yesterday but it sounded like we are in for a lot of the same with a new coach, new vision yada yada yada be better with the money we spend. Robinson is going to need a miracle run in the playoffs to be back next year and I'm not sure he even wants to be back. I am really struggling whether or not to renew my season tickets. The only reason I have to renew right now is I like the people I'm sitting with. I was surprised to hear that they may not be renewing because they have been season ticket holders since the 70's missing only a few years in the 86er era. Depressing to say the least.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard part of Bobo, he also danced around the issue of their overwhelming failure to transition their academy talent into the MLS. Bustos, Ferose, Adekube to name three, DNJ, Simon Colyn now. The first three in particular were fairly highly rated and came from one of the top academy teams, so clearly there is a gap, chasm, whatever you want to call it when it comes to preparing them to make that leap, and facilitating it.

I will also admit that when Bustos and Ferose got to MLS, they pooched their opportunities...the question I have is why? Adekube was made of glass, plus he wanted to be overseas, that I get. Right now, if you were to asked to name the next big thing coming out of the Caps, who is it? It seems that when these guys sign their 1st team contract, that's it. End of career. We've got two kids recently signed: Theo Bair, Michael Baldisimo. Bair is a monster: 6'4", 215 lbs, still only 18. Gotta figure he could be 225 lbs in another year, fully fit. That's a rare, rare commodity in this game, a big striker. I want to know what the club is going to do to make sure he develops.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice get, and I tend to agree. When Sam got healthy again, he couldn't buy a fair shake even though he had arguably displaced Jordan Harvey from that spot. Bustos and Ferose, allegedly behaved as fairly entitled players, but from all accounts Sam was a pleasant kid who did pay his dies and did prove he could play in the league, and play well enough to displace JH. Unfortunately he didn't prove he could stay healthy.

Nice shot by Bobo. Stuff like that gets back to players...

Fcuk me, I need to get myself on Twatter so I can see this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0