Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMHO, RT is played in the wrong spot. He should not be in the middle of the park.

Was he not a fullback until reaching this level? Why is he not there on this team, I mean it is a huge weakness on the squad.

Nerwinski? Give me a break, I don't see what others see in him. DeJong is what he is, inconsistent but only looks to be doing well because all other options have been mince.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMHO, RT is played in the wrong spot. He should not be in the middle of the park.

Was he not a fullback until reaching this level? Why is he not there on this team, I mean it is a huge weakness on the squad.

Nerwinski? Give me a break, I don't see what others see in him. DeJong is what he is, inconsistent but only looks to be doing well because all other options have been mince.

Basically, my feeling is the hate RT gets here from one or two individuals is way blown out of proportion. The squad has bigger issues, and many more inconsistent players. When they finally get around to the housecleaning, RT will be one of the few left standing. So will de Jong. de Jong more because he fills a Domestic role than anything, and Regs is right, he's been better than other mince options. Harvey wasn't great. Everyone loved him, but his defending was very, very poor. I think the book is out on Levis, maybe he had a chance to stick before he blew out his knee, but he can't even last 90 minutes without severe cramps. Never mind the overall lack of quality when in. I had higher hopes. Jake is what you see what you get. When you consider Brek Shea is you LB fill in, you are doomed. A DP who refuses to get stuck in at LB, fcuk me.

Yeah, maybe they should switch RT now to LB, live with the readjustment process and all the stick he'll take for mistakes getting comfortable there again.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT drives possession? Sure, because every second pass is directly back to the keeper! And Good God, if I hear one more comment about "great to see the Canadians playing"... I don't care if you're from Botswana, Mozambique, or the Lesser Antilles.... just fcuking win!!!

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT has played the ball forward more this season than all other seasons combined. I'll agree that RT is the least of the worries on this team now, which is a pretty sad sign of affairs - when a fringe player becomes your rock in the CM. I don't think he's improved necessarily, but everyone around him has digressed.

Losing Adekugbe was a shame, knowing Harvey was on his way out I don't understand why he never got more of a chance.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT has played the ball forward more this season than all other seasons combined. I'll agree that RT is the least of the worries on this team now, which is a pretty sad sign of affairs - when a fringe player becomes your rock in the CM. I don't think he's improved necessarily, but everyone around him has digressed.

Losing Adekugbe was a shame, knowing Harvey was on his way out I don't understand why he never got more of a chance.

Exactly.

RT is a double edge sword kinda story. It's nice to see him having more success in the squad, but the reason why he is having that success is because of the absolute failure of the Juarez / Felipe experiment. Ghazal being injured also didn't help. What you have in RT is a capable journeyman HM, not much more. Whether he stays long term here or not, I see most of his career as an MLS role player than can jump in to spell guys. I don't see him in CPL anytime soon.

I'd like to learn more about what went on behind the scene with Adekugbe, as well as Bustos and Ferose. On his show, @GoF alluded to some off-field stuff that involved Ferose & Robo that contributed to Ferose being shipped out. Anyone know more? Obviously @GoF isn't going to spill the beans there.

Or, @GoF - please go ahead and spill. Nobody reads this stuff anyway. They are too busy twatting.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m watching right now. Early on Tiebert has been very good. Harassing ball carriers, playing forward, in position to provide options, box to box.

I’m not imagining this @mtkb , you definitely have a negative eye on him.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some people eh Dude. They almost obsess over RT. It feels sexual to me, starts with hair envy. Seems to happen every year.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid midfield performance by the TTP golden child. Keep proving those haters wrong RT!
(He reads the forums of course)

I’m happy to see that Juarez hasn’t got a sniff since his red cards. Reyna seems to be playing decent ball and getting some assists.

I think Robbo is doing what he can with the players he has. Banned on lots of these guys being much better than they are.
Losing Parker for Felipe really hurt Robbo.
Can’t blame that on the coach. And Felipe is on the bench.....

If the caps owners spent a bit of money to get 2 solid pieces, it could take this team over the top. We will need to replace Davies production and Kamara will be a little long in the tooth.

Nice they haven’t lost in 5 league Matches. Robbo is doing what he can. If he lost these matches with RT in there he would be hearing it worse than ever. But he goes with the long standing team member and keeps getting the W’s in league play.

It’s not the coach. Dot com.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught the game and got seats right behind the supporters across from the southsiders. A good bunch they are.
If you haven't seen a game for a while then I suggest going just to watch Davies before he's gone. TV doesn't do his talents justice. I can't believe he's only 17 and dominating seasoned vets. Salinas came on later in the second half for San Jose and Davies broke his ankles on a couple of plays! haha
Beauty goal by Mezquida. He's been playing very well when called upon!
Nerwinski, although I don't rate highly, had a good game.
Anyways, it's nice to win :)

Reyna seems to be playing decent ball and getting some assists.
Surely his assist to Davies was meant for Kamara? ;):D

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT was poor per usual; Ghazal had an excellent game and single-handedly controlled the middle of the park... how anyone could rate RT and not rate Nerwinski... I guess there's actually someone who gets drunker than me to watch this shite...

These clowns hang on by the skin of their teeth to beat a tragic Earthquakes squad and they're couple of pieces away from being put over the top... comical...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@mtkb - did he steal your Missus?

Repeating what I wrote elsewhere cause I’m a bit lazy and jet lagged.

Waking up in Hanover this morning and showing my very much non Beyern supporter buddy highlights of our superstar about to head this way.

I was able to catch most the match yesterday at YVR on the tablet but missed Nico’s goal and the late SJ push. I have to say, what a great game to be both a WFC supporter and supporter of Canadians. Three starters, all of whom had major positive impacts on the match. Tiebert was taking ownership right from the start, with a game like this I can’t see him not being the 1st choice HM as the season closes out. Levis was a man on a mission, and Davies was just Davies. Finished that goal so nicely. There was a little mention of him setting his feet, he actually squared up so as to hit it right footed far post, which was enough to freeze the keeper, and open up the near post.

So pleased for Levis, love seeing good guys get rewarded. Same with Nico, basically it’s him and Tiebert as the longest standing Caps now, and he’s always been a great teammate. His post match interview revealed a pretty happy player and you have to be pleased for him.

Nothing negative from me today.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT was poor per usual; Ghazal had an excellent game and single-handedly controlled the middle of the park...
Did you even watch the game? Teibert didn't do anything spectacular; he just busted his ass getting to the ball from end to end and distributed the ball fairly consistently.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think he’s so determined to be right he can’t even concede RT had a good match when he does. You have to be open to being proven wrong as a supporter. You have to want the Hurtados and RTs of the squad to do well, otherwise, what’s the point?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I finally cut the cord and I opted out of my season tickets. I hope they make proper meaningful changes so one day I will want to get them back.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you even watch the game? Teibert didn't do anything spectacular; he just busted his ass getting to the ball from end to end and distributed the ball fairly consistently.

Yes, I did. I've never had a problem with his work rate, character, ability to find the open man directly behind him... He took about half a dozen fouls, one in particular near the end that really bailed Godoy out of a dicey spot at the top of his own eighteen... you gentlemen are entitled to your own opinion, as am I. My opinion, based on my read of the games and what I want to see out of my holding midfielder, is that he demonstrates time and time again that he doesn't have the game sense or pure ability to succeed at this level - certainly not in the middle of the park.

Some guys get away with being muppets because their pure technical and/or athetic ability is top shelf. For others, they survive because of the reverse. RT has neither. I'm sorry, but being a nice chap, having a Canadian birth certificate, and having watched Rudy on a continuous loop all his life do sweet fanny arbuckle for me.

The Caps need to win. They won't with him in the starting 11. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts