Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe I'm just not over the fact that Minnesota wanted RT this off-season, and the Caps apparently asked for the moon...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we are talking about evidence, there is plenty of evidence to show the Caps management is inept and has made may more poor decisions than good ones. At the time, I'd say poor decision. I was in favor of moving him over the off season. I felt his career was done here and he was still a useful guy to have in the squad. As it turns out, his value here is pretty high in their current situation...which of course they created themselves with poor decisions and signings.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looked like we were all over Seattle from the highlights. That back pass from Levis though...ffs!!
On a night where Toronto did us a solid by beating the Galaxy and the Timbers were axed down by the Dynamo; our result hurts just a little bit extra!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One thing Wayne Rooney has never been is lazy, or someone to take it easy. Plus he's basically in his prime at 33 now, but because he's been playing at the top level since he was 16, people forget that and think he's older and washed out. He's been super durable in his career. he also has all the real pedigree of leadership. So, it shouldn't be a shock that he's taken that team on put it on his shoulders. Nice to see, and yeah, dare to dream. In a market like Vancouver that kind of signing would pay for itself in increased ticket sales and merchandise. We love our stars here.

Saturday was not a terrible game to watch, but goes to show that when we don't have Reyna in the line-up, we are in tough. Nico, for all the hustle and chances he created, has to be better. He had to finish a couple of those chances, sorry, not good enough. It also showed that Tiebert, when there is some added pressure, doesn't have the quality to step it up when called upon. Our central midfield always looked like it was closing down, shutting down, but not being shut down. I don't know if that makes sense, because the squad created plenty of opportunities, but it seemed to be by going high as soon as possible, bypassing midfield or one of the forwards dropping shallow to fill a hole. Don't know how to explain it but to say if Reyna were in, I think we would have won- even with the Levis nightmare backpass factored in.

I don't know what to think of that Levis start. he was good the last game, and he did earn another start, but de Jong has not been the problem w/ our defense this year. Frankly, when Levis went off, and Shea on, well...what a joke he was. Maybe he should have been inserted at LW and have Davies as the 310, give him a roamers role and just let him go. His finishing has been far better than Nicos. Easy to second guess.

Lastly, Tetchera, was he even on the field?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha! You're starting to come around to my way of thinking Dude! I knew you'd see the light...

Second goal is on Levis, obviously. First goal, Aly Ghazal goes for a wander and RT isn't quick enough to recognize this and shift over... the lack of compactness left him in no man's land and allowed an easy switch, which led in short order to a cross and the ball in our net.

Still not sure why Marinovic is so bloody deep and can't seem to get to crosses at the top of the six - that's not the first time by a long shot - but a lot has to go wrong before he has a chance to fcuk up, I suppose...

Good news is Fat Sigi is available again; between him and Caleb Porter there are options in the off-season if the committee grows a) balls and b) a brain and dispenses with their current manager...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
77357CEA-6E64-4AEF-9EC7-F90FAF531EA4.jpeg
First goal, Aly Ghazal goes for a wander and RT isn't quick enough to recognize this and shift over... the lack of compactness left him in no man's land and allowed an easy switch, which led in short order to a cross and the ball in our net.

You are actually blame this goal on RT? You're mad!
Techera is out of position, which can happen because he was attacking, and Ghazal gets pulled out wide to cover all the while RT is making his way back in to the deeper role where you said earlier was adding strain to the other midfielders.
Teibert on the other hand just has no business in the middle of the park and consistently puts the central defenders and his DMF partner under significant strain due to his penchant for dropping anchor in no-man's land.

Now it's essentially 4(sounders) vs 5(whitecaps Nerwinski, Henry, Ghazal, Waston, Levis) near the top of the box. At some point you have to have confidence that your defence can handle the situation.

@mtkb , who was supposed to be marking the player who actually got the telling cross to set up the goal?....Davies. I said it before but when the ball is not near his mark he has the tendency to be lax with his defending. Davies was only yards away from his mark when the run was made but he didn't track him. This is in stark contrast to Techera who on the same play was at least hustling back when he was out of position.

In the pic I have circled Davies in yellow. To the left of him is his mark.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
View attachment 22899

You are actually blame this goal on RT? You're mad!
Techera is out of position, which can happen because he was attacking, and Ghazal gets pulled out wide to cover all the while RT is making his way back in to the deeper role where you said earlier was adding strain to the other midfielders.

Now it's essentially 4(sounders) vs 5(whitecaps Nerwinski, Henry, Ghazal, Waston, Levis) near the top of the box. At some point you have to have confidence that your defence can handle the situation.

@mtkb , who was supposed to be marking the player who actually got the telling cross to set up the goal?....Davies. I said it before but when the ball is not near his mark he has the tendency to be lax with his defending. Davies was only yards away from his mark when the run was made but he didn't track him. This is in stark contrast to Techera who on the same play was at least hustling back when he was out of position.

In the pic I have circled Davies in yellow. To the left of him is his mark.

Bastard. The play button doesn't work

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@machel, bingo. @mtkb, you are absolutely on crack about that first goal. RT was tracking back and got in position to mark #10 when it all went to shite at the top of the box. The overlapping run there was the overload and outnumbered the Caps, Levis got pulled over to try and block it, so RT moved over to try and cover both his man and #7, stuck in no-mans land. Indeed, Davies was the player who let the overlap through. Starts with him, the rest, if the pieces all remain covered, threat should be nullified or at least left to the defense to handle....who also did poorly. Waston had goal-side and position on #9, so you have to wonder if there was a bit of confusion between he and Marinovic on that goal. No matter what, though, RT was not the big problem on that play, especially considering he's being asked to play more of a box-to-box role, and was tracking back after a foray forward. That is why Ghazal is there, to HOLD.

Hey, I've said before, we missed the quality in the middle, but you post only goes to prove you have blinders on when it comes to RT. There are minimum three other players that did exponentially worse on that goal than Tiebert. He didn't help us really in attack, but FFS, he was far from wearing the goat horns on Saturday. He simply got outplayed by a far better player with far more pedigree, and fcuk me I wish we had a player like Lodeiro.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh fcuk right off you twats... Teibert is merrily jogging back as the Sounders advance towards his end, and doesn't recognize Ghazal going out wide to help... if Teibert busts his ass back and come over to support, guess what the other defenders are going to do? Shift their shape such that whatever Seattle does, they don't have a free fcuking ball across the field 25 yards out... I blame both central midfielders for not doing their jobs properly on that particular play, in addition to Techera and Davies providing their usual indifferent defensive efforts...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Davies is one of the best defensive wingers in the league. According to stats he was number one in defensive take aways at one point/battles won. Starting to realize the problem here, people without a clue coaching at what we consider high levels.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh fcuk right off you twats... Teibert is merrily jogging back as the Sounders advance towards his end, and doesn't recognize Ghazal going out wide to help... if Teibert busts his ass back and come over to support, guess what the other defenders are going to do? Shift their shape such that whatever Seattle does, they don't have a free fcuking ball across the field 25 yards out... I blame both central midfielders for not doing their jobs properly on that particular play, in addition to Techera and Davies providing their usual indifferent defensive efforts...

LOL, no you're a twat!

Anyhow, as I said, he's about 4th maybe 5th most guilty on that play, yet you focus on him. Had he actually been able to bust more ass, I doubt he'd have gotten there in time...unless we want two CFMs always parked in front of the CBs, and that is not the intent here, it is to have one firmly holding (Ghazal), and one supporting in front and a bit further up.

Also, Davies and his "usual indifferent defensive effort"? Are you high? His usual defensive effort is actually very, very good. He just switched off on this and the team got burned. Hard lesson.

Lastly, I think I saw your boy Gershon at the airport this morning. Anyone else have knowledge he was in town? Lookalike?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol @ Polska... I think Davies' defensive effort, or at least focus, runs hot and cold... I also don't particularly care because of what he give you going the other way... and because he's gone soon anyway... certain other players don't give you anything going forward, so they'd best be locked in at the other end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0