Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps need to get over the Waston decision... tough to really tell on the video review given how much flopping goes on in the box, but for me it was a clumsy challenge and worthy of the PK... but that's it... on the other hand, the story floating around the internet about how the Caps do with that particular referee is... unnerving...

Are you referring to the amount of sendings off, like 3 for 3 matches, or something else? There is a stupid high card count too, I think like 22 yellows against the Caps vs. 3 for their opposition? Just going off memory now.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your memory is a little foggy. He reffed 5 Caps games last year and gave two red cards. One was to Shea that a better ref probably would not have given and it did effect the outcome of the game. The game was 0-0 at the time and Vancouver was the better team before the red and TFC ended up winning 2-0. The other red was against Laba for a dangerous tackle in a game the Caps were getting beat badly by Chicago. It was a red every day of the week.

However this red was brutal. VAR is suppose to only overturn obvious missed calls and there is no way this was an obvious call. You could actually make a case that the Atlanta player fouled Waston first. To make the call he did and put a team down that early in the game after taking that much time to think about it is just poor. I think it is a case he is just a bad ref among a group of bad refs.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VAR is suppose to only overturn obvious missed calls and there is no way this was an obvious call.

I remember watching the game and was like why is taking 5 minutes? If it is not obvious then no red. And the replay kept playing on the Stadium screen which did not help matters...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah apparently they are not suppose to show the replays in the stadium in a case like that.

The player I am surprised didn't get a card was Mutch. Thought he played well but a couple of times he just pushed guys over. Better clean that up or he's going to be getting a lot of cards this season.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will be interesting to see Mutch when the team has a full 11 on the field and how he does.

Juarez still seems lost and has not found any rhythm...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the ref saw a foul and let the play go on I assume for advantage as the ball fell kindly to a different Atlanta player who was in a great position to score. At this point, the ref has made the decision to play the advantage and indeed it was a goal scoring opportunity. The Atlanta player's shot is saved and the rebound is kicked out of bounds. Because the ref played the advantage, isn't the right call here just a card if warranted(either yellow or red) but no penalty because he played the advantage?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I beleave the initial call was no foul and the official in charge of VAR told him to have a look at it. At that point he is supposed to see something obvious to change the call. Changing it to a penalty and a red looks to be a bad call and if you look at comments from fans from other teams they all agree even the Atlanta fans. It was bad call by an official in a league that is known for making bad calls.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder who has worst refs, MLS or Ligue 1?!?

I’ve seen some questionable calls and funny things in the French league this year.

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time to bin VAR it's ridiculous. I know I'm dreaming in technicolour, cause how else will the tv execs get in game commercials.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow the league actually rescinded Waston's red. Did not see that happening but definitely the right call.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow the league actually rescinded Waston's red. Did not see that happening but definitely the right call.

Was wondering how this works? With Watson away for International Duty would this weeks game have counted as his sit out?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This really isn't rocket science... how many strikers have been through here under Robbo and absolutely been starved for service? At some point it's the gameplan not the players... You're asking a 33 year old with a tight groin to do 90 minutes worth of interval sprints on artificial turf, and wondering why things aren't working... I love the effort and professionalism I've seen out of Kamara thus far, but just like with Kenny Miller, you're asking him to play in a system that really minimizes his abilities...

Seriously.. if you just won't change your kick and run mentality, then go get Boateng from the Galaxy once Zlatan dains to arrive, and call it a day...

They've got Techera, Juarez, Shea, and Martins all on relatively big dough, and I can't imagine Mutch showed up for less than well into six figures... and is anyone else more than a bit concerned that their Venezuelan DP can't get off the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0