Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 BC Mens Provincial B Cup - Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Draw was today. Link here to BC Soccer's incredibly difficult to navigate website... https://bcsoccer.net/adult-provincial-cup

Abbotsford United B vs. Bye
Hellas FC vs. BMSA League Designate

Impero Calcio vs. Bye
Shaheen FC A vs. Mission SC A

AC Richmond vs. Bye
Langley Utd Dynamo vs. Westside FC Sierra

FC Serbia United A vs. Bye
Richmond All Blacks vs. Surrey United SC

Gorge-Us Guys vs. Bye
Runner Up NK Hrvat/Metroplitan FC A vs. Aldergrove Utd. Lightning

Abbotsford SA Red Devils vs. Bye
Twin Arrows/Meraloma FC A vs. Graduates FC

Winner NK Hrvat/Metropolitan FC A vs. Bye
Euro FC vs. Vancouver Strikers

PMO Titans/PMO Lordco Gunners vs. Bye
Mundiavocat FC vs. Prospect Lake Lakers

Still some spots to be determined, but at first glance it looks a fairly wide open tournament though the top half of the bracket might just edge things in terms of difficulty.

At the top Burnaby's final entrant was handed a tough trip to the Island with the winner trekking out FVSL 2A winners Abbotsford United B. Shaheen host Mission in what looks like the Match of the Round with the winner taking on Burnaby Champions and perennial qualifier Impero Calcio. VMSL 2B promotion combatants Serbia and Sierra look as though they may well be on a collision course as well, though a pair of Richmond and Fraser Valley teams, including first time tournament participants Surrey United SC, will hope to have something to say about that. Certainly though whoever emerges from this half of the draw will be battle-hardened.

That being said, there will be no easy route either for the VMSL Div. 2 cup finalists as they have been handed a tricky path in the bottom half of the draw. The runner up between NK Hrvat and Metropolitan will host Aldergrove United Lightning with the winner off to the Island to face VISL top seed Gorge Us-Guys. The winners of the VMSL's cup competition don't necessary get much of a break though, as, after a bye, they face a potential date with Provincial B Cup holders, and VMSL 2A Champions, Vancouver Strikers, assuming Strikers can negotiate a trip to Burnaby to play Euro FC. Also lurking in this half are FVSL 2B winners Abbotsford SA Red Devils while the VISL's Prospect Lake Lakers must be ruing the fact that they missed out on the VISL's top seed by a lone point. Instead of a bye and a home game, the Lakers must instead head to Burnaby to Mundiadvocat and, should they emerge victorious, return to the mainland to take on the FVSL's final qualifier which will be one of Port Moody Titans or Lordco Gunners unless Fraser Valley Blue Devils win the Presidents Cup.

Further match by match previews (aka Completely Baseless Predictions) to follow closer to the first round.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just so I understand the date correctly, the FVSL is hosting their cup finals the same weekend as the opening Weekend for B Cup? So.... 2 of 7 FVSL teams could be playing two games that weekend.... For FVSL's sake I guess BlueDevils and FVRD (Byes) better advance to our finals not Dynamo or Aldergrove!!! #Jinx

That Saddens me.... The guys have worked so hard!!!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed I too was not sure re: round dates. It does appear that the B Cup will start the weekend of April 5/6/7 (hence the early draw).

However, it does not seem that leagues were made aware of this because not only does the FVSL have their Cup finals scheduled for that weekend, but the VMSL had their potential playoff for their final Provincial Cup berth penciled in for this week as well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW I'm subscribed to bc soccer newsletter and continue to receive sweet fcuk all.

Ergo I had no fcuking idea there was a livestreamed draw today.

What's the point?

RRegatta

Aug 26, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just so I understand the date correctly, the FVSL is hosting their cup finals the same weekend as the opening Weekend for B Cup? So.... 2 of 7 FVSL teams could be playing two games that weekend.... For FVSL's sake I guess BlueDevils and FVRD (Byes) better advance to our finals not Dynamo or Aldergrove!!! #Jinx

That Saddens me.... The guys have worked so hard!!!

Yea, that is pretty crazy and poor planning. What is going to happen if the the team outside the fvsl schedules the round 1 provincial game on Saturday which is the same day as fvsl pres cup final .... in theory the non fvsl would not have to accommodate the fvsl sched. I believe this happened last year where a team had a wedding and asked for a change but the host team basically told them to fcuk off and they had to forefit.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yea, that is pretty crazy and poor planning. What is going to happen if the the team outside the fvsl schedules the round 1 provincial game on Saturday which is the same day as fvsl pres cup final .... in theory the non fvsl would not have to accommodate the fvsl sched. I believe this happened last year where a team had a wedding and asked for a change but the host team basically told them to fcuk off and they had to forefit.

Only conflicts as far as I can see would be Aldergrove and Dynamo. Red Devils have a bye and presumably Blue Devils would get the Port Moody Gunner/Titans spot if they win the Presidents Cup and that is also a bye. Dynamo have a home game against Sierra so would surely have the prerogative to play mid-week. Aldy are away to loser of Hrvat/Metropolitan so if they make the Pres Cup final one assumes BC Soccer would step in to move the game to mid-week given they are both mainland teams.

STID

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glad to know I'm not alone in not receiving any heads up about the live draw. Also, no seeding this year?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Each League had one seed (5 seeds total). VMSL's was Serbia United. No idea why... you'd have to ask VMSL/BC Soccer

Other seeds were:
Abbotsford United B (FVSL)
Impero Calcio (BMSL)
AC Richmond (RASA)
Gorge Us Guys (VISL)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only conflicts as far as I can see would be Aldergrove and Dynamo. Red Devils have a bye and presumably Blue Devils would get the Port Moody Gunner/Titans spot if they win the Presidents Cup and that is also a bye. Dynamo have a home game against Sierra so would surely have the prerogative to play mid-week. Aldy are away to loser of Hrvat/Metropolitan so if they make the Pres Cup final one assumes BC Soccer would step in to move the game to mid-week given they are both mainland teams.

I feel for @suburbanator on this. It's almost like they are being punished for having some success, should they advance to their league Cup final.

There was a time when this tourney didn't get respect because of it's format...held in the late spring, way after the season was done, over a weekend, in some weird, remote town. It was more like a summer booze-up tourney; teams that went, went mostly for the piss-up. The legendary LUFC Athletic won promotion out of 2nd division into 1st many years back, and when we actually found out it earned us an invite, we declined. By then, guys were into summer vacation plans.

Now, they have this thing set-up properly, and teams are (as they should be) taking it very seriously. At best, Sub's team may still need to play two massive matches in the span of four days, possibly even 3 in 7. No matter what, it's a disadvantage. The guys will definitely want to win the President's Cup, and definitely want to win the Provincial Cup.

Rooting for you Sub.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we still need to win This Sunday for it to even matter and in defense of FVSL had they planned finals a week earlier we’d have had scheduling issues since the weather wiped out so many weeks.

As far as mid week provincial games, not sure that is allowed....

Good luck all.

InanimateCarbonRod

Oct 5, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Dynamo has advanced to Pres cup finals and we are currently scrambling to figure out the best way to schedule the two games. Best case we have 2 games in 3 days, worst case 2 in 2, which is pretty tough for a team that will be 50% eligible for Masters next year. Unfortunate that after all that hard work we will have to deal with this on the two most important games of the season.

But enough whining, a weekend filled with playing soccer and locker room beers afterwards is pretty much my dream weekend. So let's get to it!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Dynamo has advanced to Pres cup finals and we are currently scrambling to figure out the best way to schedule the two games. Best case we have 2 games in 3 days, worst case 2 in 2, which is pretty tough for a team that will be 50% eligible for Masters next year. Unfortunate that after all that hard work we will have to deal with this on the two most important games of the season.

But enough whining, a weekend filled with playing soccer and locker room beers afterwards is pretty much my dream weekend. So let's get to it!

FVSL Cup Finals are Saturday no? Tough to see how you avoid games on back to back days.

I would have thought with it being your home game against another Mainland team you would have the option of playing mid-week. However, per sources at BC Soccer, I understand the they are stipulating that the game must be played Fri/Sat/Sun.

So I guess it comes down to do you want to be fresh for Presidents Cup or Provincials and then just hope there is enough left in the tank for the second match. A tough spot for sure...

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo
Cup Saturday
Provincials Sunday

Very disappointing to work all year and have it play out like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts