Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Gold Cup

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed on seeing us play Costa Rica but it looks to be a great match up for us against Haiti.

They were buzzing in their last game and we're in for a battle nonetheless.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was looking forward to seeing Henry and Waston come together on a few corners. Just reading the tea leaves from the year end pressers last year, I don't think those two like each other.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sigh... Some things never change.

Credit to Haiti for not giving up, but my god those first two goals against were shocking by Canada.

Will be interested to see how this team regroups for Nations League in the fall.

Side note credit to Attiba Hutchinson. If that is his last game for Canada he's been a fantastic servant for years. Anyone who thinks he doesn't care about Canada soccer need only look to his reaction when he looked to have tied the match. A class player, no doubt.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watched the highlights and Godinho had a couple of shockers to let Haiti back in the game. Without those fcuk ups, were Haiti in the game?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gutted....

Godhino...
Bad back pass. Horrible tackle on second one. Caught up field on the 3rd goal.

2 nil and the game was in the bag.

Hindsight is 20 20 but taking off osorio for what looked like a very tender Kaye when Osirio was playing great.

Then why not got to a 3 5 2 instead of taking off Cavallini? You sub a defender for a forward?

At the end of the day two dumb plays cost us.

What we dont know is the impact this will have on the team. This may have killed the spirit of the team and I hope they can bounce back as there was a lot of positives but they need proper full backs and a center back who can play the ball out of the back.

ZBG imo as I said before should have started before Godhino.

I also wonder if Cavallini comes back. Just a gut feeling he may be done with the team.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gutted....

Godhino...
Bad back pass. Horrible tackle on second one. Caught up field on the 3rd goal.

2 nil and the game was in the bag.

Hindsight is 20 20 but taking off osorio for what looked like a very tender Kaye when Osirio was playing great.

Then why not got to a 3 5 2 instead of taking off Cavallini? You sub a defender for a forward?

At the end of the day two dumb plays cost us.

What we dont know is the impact this will have on the team. This may have killed the spirit of the team and I hope they can bounce back as there was a lot of positives but they need proper full backs and a center back who can play the ball out of the back.

ZBG imo as I said before should have started before Godhino.

I also wonder if Cavallini comes back. Just a gut feeling he may be done with the team.

Why would Cavallini be done with the team?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would Cavallini be done with the team?
Just a hunch. From reports he still hasnt bought into the team culture and is still on the me first mentality. Just rumours. On top of that being subbed out in a game like that he seemed pisses and rightfully so. He doesnt strike me as a guy who is committed to this team as we had to twist his arm alot just to get him to come.

Hopefully I am wrong....

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Godinho put him in that situation with the poorly weighted pass and he didn't even run any innocent interference on the Haiti goal scorer. Just ran out of his way and gave him a clear path to chase down the ball. At the same time, Borjan should have done better as well.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Davies didn't have a great tournament. Fell asleep defensively on their winner. Maybe that's one reason he's not in the Bayern team consistently. Just leave the kid as an attacker. Why keep on trying to make him something he's not?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree. It was a dreadful back pass from Godinho completely leaving Borjan stranded, but my goodness, just come through like a freight train and clear the thing, then scream at the kid. Why he's trying to dance around the attacker I'll never know. same as having no clue what Godinho was thinking on that penalty. At best there is a 10% success rate on a tackle like that.

Also agree about Davies. Everybody is so convinced that he could be a great wing back, but his defending is not anywhere near up to scratch. Mexico and Cuba both targeted him when he was playing there and then tonight he is completely switched off on the third goal. He was young player of the tournament two years ago and became famous for the Whitecaps with his offense, not his defense. I felt like he was frustrated this tournament not having a chance to bang in the goals alongside David and then when we needed a miracle at the end our Plan B is to take off our number 9 who has 5 goals in the tournament and expect Davies to suddenly be able to flip a switch? I don't think so.

To that end I am not sure why Cavellini would be "done" with the team. He just banged in a fist full of goals and established himself as the first choice striker. Yes I know he said he regretted playing for Canada a few years ago (the only good thing about that 8-1 loss to Honduras was Stephan Hart capping this kid), but if Canada is ever going to make a World Cup it will be over the next 6 years while he is in the prime of his career. That sounds like something he would want to be a part of.

But as we have mentioned, the key is where do things go from here. The air has spectacularly been let out of the balloon at the minute, let's see if we can get it re-inflated...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did not enjoy sitting through that. Meltdown city.

Yep.

I have to thank TTP for the email notification. I’d paused the match to go out for a while and mistakenly saw the result so at least I did not suffer through that meltdown. Wow.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, not the best back pass but shocking from the keeper. Watch it again he showed zero urgency. Could of easily stepped forward and cleared the ball. To scream at the defender after, feck off. Make a bloody play.

This.

Go. Through. The fcuking. Ball.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's one thing for your keeper to make a mistake. But then you don't need to have an absolute team meltdown as a result. Its probably because the coach looks like a bobblehead doll.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Definitely a tough lesson on a young team. I don’t really blame Herdman, I’m sure he has the boys believing in themselves and “the process” and whatever othe buzz words they preach. However when things start to crumble that shite gets you nowhere. Experienced managers and players/teams that understand winning and how to handle those situations is what we need. Quite frankly that starting line up had about 2 people like that. Atiba and Arfield aren’t enough to stop that.

On the Davies front I don’t love him at left back but i get an inexperienced coach trying to fit in all those offensive pieces anyway he could as they are the future/now of the squad. Sometimes it’s just about winning though.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts