Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The homegrown player love is bizarre. Don’t you think if these cheapskate owners could save a buck by playing a bunch of minimum contract local boys they would? Wins in the development league mean nothing; that’s like saying “Utica is killing it so why do the Canucks suck?”... are the coaches focusing on winning or on developing their players?

Starting to wonder about the goalkeeping situation... he’s not tall and he’s been spilling crap into the box - Zlatan missed a sitter earlier on, for instance... meanwhile Ousted is busy standing on his head...

Was at the Friday, and I thought their first half was very good. Missed penalty is on MDS; make the call, skipper. Second half the class showed up.

Felipe ripping the fans at halftime for cheering Zlatan was rubbish. For one, the Dungeons and Dragon boys booed him to start. But more to the point - our owners won’t spend on world class talent and we know it. When one of them actually agrees to play on our joke of a surface, we’re entitled to show our appreciation. Until you morph into something more than a flogger, Felipe, kindly zip it.

Last comment - whoever runs their game day operations and was in charge of the new security procedures needs to find other work. What an absolute shambles - though nothing anyone standing in line was surprised about.

0-4-1 and can’t figure out how to get what fans do show up into the stadium... what a business model...

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree with what Felipe said to be honest. I understand fans coming to the game to see Zlatan and yah cheer him after the game. However, it’s a bloody home game you can’t be welcoming to another team/player. I wasn’t at the game so I’m not really sure what the environment was but it’s a home game. It should be all about the Caps, lifting the squad.

It’s always been our problem in Canada. We are giving Honduras gift baskets and first class accommodations. They are camping outside the Canada hotel and making sure the players can’t sleep. We don’t get it. The only real passion you see is from a bunch of dorks.

I understand your point, we need a star(s) to cheer for, something to get invested or excited about. Personally I’m turned off the Caps, I’ll watch 20-30min some games but I really don’t care. Who the feck are all these players.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PK fcuking garbage.

They can’t catch a break.

NOW I officially can’t watch them anymore. I know I said it last week. But this one is official

Last edited:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the ball hit his flailing arm... sort of a no-brainer penalty...

Hand ball rule never seems to be the same twice. Are we calling handballs with and without intent? Or just in some situations? And only in certain areas of the field?

I’m being honest here, what is the rule? If he jumps with his arms at his side and it hits his arm is it a PK still? Obviously he has no idea where the ball is gonna go since it’s kind of a blind bicycle kick overhead so I’m not sure there’s intent.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hand ball rule never seems to be the same twice. Are we calling handballs with and without intent? Or just in some situations? And only in certain areas of the field?

I’m being honest here, what is the rule? If he jumps with his arms at his side and it hits his arm is it a PK still? Obviously he has no idea where the ball is gonna go since it’s kind of a blind bicycle kick overhead so I’m not sure there’s intent.

Defenders are clever and have always gotten away with these kinds of plays. Whitecaps or not, it's a penalty for me. I believe the intent is to block the ball and Henry will say he intented to block it with his body but his arm is way out there for me making his body larger.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defenders are clever and have always gotten away with these kinds of plays. Whitecaps or not, it's a penalty for me. I believe the intent is to block the ball and Henry will say he intented to block it with his body but his arm is way out there for me making his body larger.

This, and he's been caught for this before in MLS. The example of the Champions League peno Man U vs. PSG, in that case, defender jumped, turned away from the ball, and kept his arms by his side. Ball was on upward trajectory towards seat 303M, so that was most definitely not a peno for me. In this case, Henry has to at least try and keep effing control of his arms so as to not invite extra contact with the ball! Bloody hell, he needs to learn from his mistakes.

The rest, what an absolute shitty match to watch. We have the worst midfield in MLS, bar none so far.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This team has some real issues. It was showing in pre season. Caps are not creating many chances and not scoring much at all.
Their stud signing-striker has zero goals and maybe 2-3 chances in 6 matches.

I think we would all feel better if Caps were actually creating chances and should have won many of the games with some better finishing. (Riveiro styles)
But this is not the case.

@Dude
When will the fire MDS posts start coming?

Or can we admit it is not actually the coaching, but the budget/personnel we have here in Vancouver?

Anyone think this years team would beat last seasons team?

Ardaiz should be the first choice 9 for the caps. Has shown much more in the minutes he has received.

Get rid of Reyna ASAP. Not consistent ever. Even last year. He has done zero for us this season.
Maybe the 10 game mark is when the boot drops on upper management. And the media actually go hit them hard.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else feel that at least Kai Kamara brought some energy and presence up front?

Under MDS plan of a high pressure front he would have fit in well in the current system and he wanted to be here.

When I saw in the off season that Montenero was the caps "big signing" up front I knew that this team had no intention of going out and signing a big name.

@LION this is not a coaching issue imo but a budget/personnel issue and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be interesting tomorrow. LAFC is at the MLS top with 19 points (7 games played) while Whitecaps have only 2 points (6 games played). Another loss could cost somebody a job.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't think MDS is going anywhere.

A) It would cost a TON to fire him less than a year into his contract.

B) Robbo was given an incredibly long leash and I imagine MDS will get the same; especially given it seems ownership (based on all their actions) is rather ambivalent about winning. I would expect a change in narrative soon tbh ie something about "focussing on the process" or "establishing a foundation for long term success" etc.

C) Who else is going to coach this team?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay after much thought I "think" I have a found a solution that would:

1. Allow the Caps to win more home games
2. Let them keep/reduce the current players salary structure

The solution?

Take out the turf that is currently in BC Place and replace it with the turf from Andy Livingston.

Think about it...

When we play any team that has any player of any value, they won't play. Think Rooney, Bastian etc. No way they risk injury of any player of substance.

This way, when the teams come into town it will be there dollar store bin players vs the Caps dollar store bin players.

I feel the caps have done a good job of finding the best dollar store bin players which would allow for more wins.. (Must thank @Dude for the term dollar store bin player)

Now, you may ask, what about the injuries the caps players may pick up?

No problem, given that we shop in the discount aisle it wouldn't be hard to pick up some new discount players to replace them quickly.

Further, when the Lions play or the fair comes into town wont be any damage at all to the playing surface.

On top of this. the Caps could also use this as "reason" as to why they won't sign any big name players. None want to play on the turf would work well.

So there you go Bobaduzzi, a simple solution that will allow you to not only reduce your current payroll, but pick up some home wins while you are at it.

Now, the only issue would be away games....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This team has some real issues. It was showing in pre season. Caps are not creating many chances and not scoring much at all.
Their stud signing-striker has zero goals and maybe 2-3 chances in 6 matches.

I think we would all feel better if Caps were actually creating chances and should have won many of the games with some better finishing. (Riveiro styles)
But this is not the case.

@Dude
When will the fire MDS posts start coming?

Or can we admit it is not actually the coaching, but the budget/personnel we have here in Vancouver?

Anyone think this years team would beat last seasons team?

Ardaiz should be the first choice 9 for the caps. Has shown much more in the minutes he has received.

Get rid of Reyna ASAP. Not consistent ever. Even last year. He has done zero for us this season.
Maybe the 10 game mark is when the boot drops on upper management. And the media actually go hit them hard.

@LION: can I just rinse and repeat my last reply on this?

Fcuk me man, same exact question, same exact answer.

You owe me a drink, because I'm killing my keyboard right now.

Make it a double, asshat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts