Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Southsiders wall out at 35th minute, in protest of the club and their handling of the U20 coach situation. I hope it’s noticed and makes a difference

Seemed the cameras were avoiding the seats in their frame of view. Wonder if they were asked by the club to not draw attention to it

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) Southsider "protest" was, fittingly, half-baked and only marginally better than useless.

2) Ali Adnan is on a different level than any other Cap, with the possible exception of In-beom

3) Speaking of, I'm not sure why Rossi lost his mind after the professional foul, because anyone with any knowledge of the game knew exactly what In-beom was about to do, and what colour the card would be after.

4) Great win and hopefully they build momentum from it. However, it occurred to me that they're basically playing with three CDM's across the midfield, and a lone striker up top. If anyone can point me to a club in Europe that uses this formation to good effect, I'd love hear about them. I'd like to see Ardaiz's size and Montero's skill work off each other, with In-beom as the #10, in a 4-4-2 diamond formation... I realize that leaves a lot of wingers without work, but it's not like any of them have played well enough to justify building a formation around them anyway...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would have made more of an impact, if they didn’t return for the second half. Walking out for ten minutes isn’t much of a protest.
Absolutely pointless coming back. Credit to the LAFC fans, lots of them heard about the protest and what it was about and left for the concourse as well. I would like to see more of Venutu on the wing, and less Rusty. A good club would have released him years ago. Work ethic and heart aside. Talent is needed, there’s better midfielders in the vmsl. Anyways I have no where else to beat this horse.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we done with Felipe yet? Thought I would give him a new chance this season, but he's noticeably poor. Lucky not to lose by more with his giveaways. In-Boem has to be getting frustrated playing with them. Can't have Felipe and Teibert both out there, and at least Teibert isn't noticeable, which is a slight advantage over being noticeably bad.

Reyna has looked like a different player up front. Montero wearing the armband seemed uninspired.

Also - the announcers on TSN are brutal. They know people are tuning in to watch the soccer game, not listen to them drivel about nothing related to the game for the full 90 minutes. Hoping Dunfield but I don't have high hopes is an improvement with the CPL.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we done with Felipe yet? Thought I would give him a new chance this season, but he's noticeably poor. Lucky not to lose by more with his giveaways. In-Boem has to be getting frustrated playing with them. Can't have Felipe and Teibert both out there, and at least Teibert isn't noticeable, which is a slight advantage over being noticeably bad.

Reyna has looked like a different player up front. Montero wearing the armband seemed uninspired.

Also - the announcers on TSN are brutal. They know people are tuning in to watch the soccer game, not listen to them drivel about nothing related to the game for the full 90 minutes. Hoping Dunfield but I don't have high hopes is an improvement with the CPL.
I’m not sure if I would even be upset if the whitecaps left town. This club is shockingly awful FO to the pitch. I get more excited picking out socks. Expansion teams who aren’t even in the league yet have speculation about big name players, and we’re excited that Rusty got a haircut. Shake my head.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ardaiz came on in about the 80th minute and almost looked like he was intentionally giving very little... if I were brought in on a DP contract and saw 10 minutes total action between Wednesday and Saturday I'd be pissed too... wanting out already, perhaps? Cool signing, front office... what a shambles...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
there’s better midfielders in the vmsl
Lolololololol

There's national team quality in the vmsl? That would be sic. It would also be sad for the MNT.

For me you could get rid of RT every season up to last year. He turned a corner in his development imo.

Is he playing bad in the league this year? I thought he had a nice touch on the build up to the Inbeom goal but it was overlooked by Adnans run and pass.

I mentioned earlier that Adnan is quality but that doesn't mean I'm a fan...yet. two things I don't like so far..the stupid panenka penalty and after playing a role in the goal, against a heavily depleted LAFC, he started celebrating by himself with fans instead of following the goal scorer. EGO.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to see Ardaiz's size and Montero's skill work off each other, with In-beom as the #10, in a 4-4-2 diamond formation... I realize that leaves a lot of wingers without work, but it's not like any of them have played well enough to justify building a formation around them anyway...

I like this set up but it may expose our holding defensive midfielder(?).

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I just saw the formation used in their last game and it's pretty good actually. Maybe let Ardaiz and Montero start with each other up front sooner than later. That's basically our strongest side right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190421-093808_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190421-093808_Facebook.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 8

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT has been much improved this year, but the ball he played to Ali Adnan was the reason for the conceded goal; Adnan had nowhere to go with it... other than that, all you can do is chuckle when they start three smurfs up top and then try to play everything over the top...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
RT has been much improved this year, but the ball he played to Ali Adnan was the reason for the conceded goal; Adnan had nowhere to go with it... other than that, all you can do is chuckle when they start three smurfs up top and then try to play everything over the top...

The pass to Adnan from RT was in close quarters but Adnan had time for a couple of touches and he should have released it sooner imo. The guy had his worst game yesterday although he did provide the cross for the Henry goal and once again took all the credit like a true douche bag. Doesn't matter how good he is, he's gotten under my skin now. Adnan out.

I think RT is playing a bit under his form from last year. He was getting way higher up the pitch yesterday and had a few lose balls and give aways. Once you travel in to the oppostions last 25 yards or so then the pressure rises exponentially and he was exposed yesterday. It's not the usual deeper position he takes where there is more time on the ball and less pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts