Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Caps are being crapped on, on every social media platform and rightfully so. Only thing that they do right is street parties and bullshit. I can't stand this club. They're ruined for me. Maybe if we get new management and ownership, I'll come around. For now, forget it.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strange how we can’t score. Same issue in pre season. Our 5’7” forwards can’t hold up a ball and can’t hold possession. Strange. We are tiny and not a physical team in any way. With hopes of a 21 year old unproven midfielder to be our creator. What’s his stats?

Who didn’t see this all happening?
Again, you can bring Pep G in to coach and this team wouldn’t have a chance.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
New England's new DP steps into a new team and promptly scores a golaza off a full volley from a bloody corner... nope, don't need to spend money on that kind of talent to win... Diego Fagundez - also an excellent player - comes off the bench and a split-second later it's 2-0... I mean it's beyond any doubt at this point; if they're not going to spend on real DP's, they might as well close up shop and go back to playing the Rochester Raging Rhinos and Charleston Battery at Swangard....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost as wrong as building a team around a left back ;)

How BAD did this squad look w/ out their normal left back last night? So bad.

Also bad is that it's a sad state of affairs when a left bad has that much influence because the pieces around him are so mince.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New England's new DP steps into a new team and promptly scores a golaza off a full volley from a bloody corner... nope, don't need to spend money on that kind of talent to win... Diego Fagundez - also an excellent player - comes off the bench and a split-second later it's 2-0... I mean it's beyond any doubt at this point; if they're not going to spend on real DP's, they might as well close up shop and go back to playing the Rochester Raging Rhinos and Charleston Battery at Swangard....

That's it, isn't it? This ownership group is simply not up to the task.

I'd love for them to sell the club and assets to the Aquilini Group, and let them open up shop in the CPL if being on that level is really appealing. You can do the same thing; club, academy, and be content.

FC Red Star

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anybody watch Toronto - Red Bulls? Should we compare Toronto's line up and Whitecaps' line up, player by player?

What can you really say about the team that changes, every year, so many players?

What can you say about the team that constantly hires inexperienced head coaches?

What can you say about the team that has only two constants over the years (those two being Lenarduzzi and Teibert)?

When I mentioned Teibert (although this really should not be about Teibert) I always ask myself what actually his role in this team is. He never challenges an opponent! He just runs up to that opponent and then "dances" around him. What's the purpose to play like that? Or, demand the ball, get the ball, and then pass the ball back to the player who passed it to him!? What the hell? Really!
He does not have any offensive skills. He cannot organize/create anything. On occasion, he sometimes sends a useful cross or a long pass and that is pretty much it.
No, I do not want to crap on Teibert but I used him as an example that he is (beside Bob) the only constant in that team. So, if player like Teibert is basically the only constant in that team then that tells you a lot about the team and the organization.
That guy even plays for Canadian national team so that is another mindboggling puzzle.

Anyway, this organization needs a complete shakedown. If the ownership cannot or do not want to do anything then sell the club to somebody who will be more interested and involved.
A serious owner would immediately fire the management and hire a new person with some vision.
A new Manager (President) would hire an experienced coach. That coach would then, most likely, want to replace 90% of the roster.
That process alone would take another 2 to 3 years so the time to act is today.

There is really no other way around.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fagundez is a HomeGrown player. Only making $200k. Fantastic player but hasn't filled the boots of the departed Lee Nguyen as expected by Friedel. And only his first goal of the year if you can believe it.
Nice debut goal by the new DP.

Again, you can bring Pep G in to coach and this team wouldn’t have a chance.

Apparently all you need is Bruce Arena. lol
New England undefeated in 8 or 9 games since firing Friedel. haha

@FC Red Star , in terms of RT...he's not having the greatest season and looks to have taken a step backwards from last year...kinda. I think his versatility is his downfall. He can be asked to play in numerous positions but he is only really good at the holding midfield role but you have to play Erice there(as he's not so dynamic and he's make ) so you push up RT and he doesn't look great in a more attacking role up the middle. Canada used him in an attacking role on the wing in Nations League and he looked decent..less pressure out there. They probably keep him around because he bleeds blue and white. And he's good enough. Even if they revamped the squad, RT would still be good enough...a starter on a revamped squad, probably not. Definitely good enough for a sub.

Also bad is that it's a sad state of affairs when a left bad has that much influence because the pieces around him are so mince.
...simply dreadful.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went from a season ticket holder who would watch every game they played and consume any information I could find about the caps to someone who is regretting wasting money on a 5 game pack and barely know when they play. My real regret is I turned my son into a fan and the poor little guy is too young to know any better.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone say something about buying proper DPs? Since the whitecaps game: Altidore scored for Toronto in a win(pozuelo with a pk), Rooney scored for DC in a win, and right now Zlatan with a hat trick in El Trafico.(Vela with 2 goals on the loss).
Whitecaps..spend some money you cheap fcuks. :mad:

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I mentioned Teibert (although this really should not be about Teibert) I always ask myself what actually his role in this team is. He never challenges an opponent! He just runs up to that opponent and then "dances" around him. What's the purpose to play like that? Or, demand the ball, get the ball, and then pass the ball back to the player who passed it to him!? What the hell? Really!
He does not have any offensive skills. He cannot organize/create anything. On occasion, he sometimes sends a useful cross or a long pass and that is pretty much it.
No, I do not want to crap on Teibert but I used him as an example that he is (beside Bob) the only constant in that team. So, if player like Teibert is basically the only constant in that team then that tells you a lot about the team and the organization.
That guy even plays for Canadian national team so that is another mindboggling puzzle.

see, now here's someone who gets it!

seriously though, for me Teibert has been the least of their problems. He's been useless, but in years past he's actually done them harm with being out of his depth. This year he's done the occasional good thing, and hasn't really done much that jumps off the page as catastrophic. He is what he is - a USL player hiding as best he can on an MLS field.

The far bigger issue from tonight is the theme of the article I posted recently. If you're not going to spend big, you'd better get value out of what you do spend. In-beom is out of gas, because he's played almost two full seasons in a row. Montero isn't, never was, and never will be a lone striker, and the muppets running the team still don't understand that.

But the best example is the young DP's employed by the two clubs tonight. San Jose's? That would be Vako, the Georgian kid who bossed the entire match... the Whitecaps? Ardaiz... If that doesn't tell you EXACTLY what the problem is, I don't know what will.

It's not like Vako is some revelation... He was noticeable even when SJ was shite not that long ago and they were still sorting their own house out... but of course, to notice anyone you'd need your own scouting department which, apparently, the Whitecaps don't see the need for.

The issues with this squad are just too numerous to mention. Every other club looks more cohesive than the Caps. They read off each other well enough to string half a dozen passes together. I can't recall when the Caps last did that.

Other teams move off the ball. The Caps just don't. Probably a function of defending for 90 minutes every match, but still a problem.

And, the individual skill level just isn't there. Other teams have multiple guys who seem to be able to dance their way out of trouble. The Caps either get stripped, or just punt the ball direct to the other team. The one guy that probably could do it is running on a completely empty tank. This won't work. It CAN'T work.

Don't forget, Paul Barber once said they aimed to be a top-25 club in the world... I'm not sure they're currently a top 25 club on the continent...

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gave up seasons tickets 2 years ago and haven’t been to a game since. Missing nothing and saving myself from frustration. People don’t care anymore....apathy will kill whatever fan base they have left.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This club missed a golden opportunity to expand its market the past few years . All the Davies momentum wasted. Coaching was never the issue although it's clear this squad has tuned out MDS. Ownerships desire to run this on a money ball Oakland Athletic model clearly doesnt work and support for the club is diminishing with every result. This season is lost and next is now in doubt as well. If they want to salvage something then spend some money while the transfer window is open now and give your fans something or you might as well book swanguard for home fixtures next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts