Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumor that the Whitecaps owner was looking into buy Roma???
Is this true?

I wonder if anyone at Roma would ask Mark Pannes about potential new owners (Caps hired him away from Roma) before agreeing to sell to Mallett...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if anyone at Roma would ask Mark Pannes about potential new owners (Caps hired him away from Roma) before agreeing to sell to Mallett...
First thing that came to my mind too! Surely this can't have any legs, can it? If true, the audacity is mind boggling.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, so serious question...has the MLS Published an actual Return to Play plan?

I can't see them even getting off the groud in Orlando, the players clearly don't have confidence in the plan, and I suppose upon return to play their plan is to simply travel between cities as per normal? No bubble? and what happens in Canada? Have all the Canadian teams on an extended road trip at the beginning then stay home for the rest?

I mean, this plan is a no start plan to begin with, no?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But honestly, do these guys not look like the single worst run of the major sports leagues right now (outside baseball)?

How do they intend to run matches after #MLSisback? They have three Canadian teams.

If they were smart, they'd have chosen a Canadian city where one day they may want to expand their business to, say Calgary or Regina. It's a stetch but who knows. One bubble there, anoyther Toronto, another Vancouver (Montreal, still a COVISD fcuk up). Or, run out of all three. So many possibilities, solutions.

I dunno.

I guess right now the Caps relocate down there for the remainder of the season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...and all I can think of is, these arrogant fcuking American owners. They have no issue placing their players into cities where the virus is rampant, where three of their MLS partners are in far better situations up here and you could actually pull of a relatively safe bubble environment. Telling me UBC couldn't do it? For sure they could. I bet the majority of their players want nothing to do with Orlando at the moment.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps are gong downhill and since this coach came I actually see the team getting worse. There’s no style to their play. They can’t make 5 passes. The defence doesn’t even know how to hold a proper line and that is something u learn at a youth level. The lne is always way too deep and they need to step the fcuk up. The owners are just money thirsty sold Davies and bought a bunch of mediocre players to make it look like they spend money and care .they don’t give a fcuk about the team they just want their profits. The whitecaps youth recruitment is also terrible. The young guys they recruit like the guy they subbed on today and Simon colyn are not good. I have seen them play at the bcspl level. For example I can name 5 players off the top of my head that are miles better then this Simon kid. These players are not white or Italian. The only reason he’s on the team is because his parents have connections with the club. Also these players that play bcspl are not even taught to play the right way. It’s just kick and run. U need coaches that coach the game the way it should be played . The beautiful way. Whitecaps have no identity. Don’t know what they are doing on that field. We also need youth programs that pick the best players to bring to the top of the pile so they can be scouted by professional clubs not players that are there because their parents are wealthy enough to pay bcspl fees and buy the coach coffee. Whitecaps will finish nowhere but last if they keep this up.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man I hate it when the race card gets dropped. “These players are not white or Italian.”

OK? And? These players are what exactly? I didn’t know Davies was a white Italian. News to me.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you guys serious?? Check out the second goal...this is a masterclass!
2 on O breakaway, don't even get a shot off and you still score! They have obviously been working on this in training! :p:wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts