Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol no kidding. Reyna is supposed to be one of our internationals, a guy with Peruvian National team experience.

More goals than Shots on target.

When do the Nucks start up again?

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man I hate it when the race card gets dropped. “These players are not white or Italian.”

OK? And? These players are what exactly? I didn’t know Davies was a white Italian. News to me.
Never said anything about racism just stating facts. Everything I have mentioned is true and let’s not hide from it. Why do people act like racism doesn’t exist if u live outside USA. Anyways Alphonso Davies is an exceptional player who is god gifted whitecaps will be lucky to get their hands on a player that is as half as good as him in the next fifty years (if they still have a franchise) ur also delusional if u think whitecaps had anything to do with his development. He is the same player throughout and actually got better when he went to Bayern and started playing with good players. Here whitecaps are acting like he’s homegrown. Get out of here man. I also believe that his age is inaccurate as I’m third world countries they don’t really keep track of that kind of stuff so I believe he’s older then it actually shows but that’s not taking away from how good he is. Coach was making excuses about how they are missing a lot of players. Why are they missing so many key players. This tournament is safe to play and mls is using safety precautions. Most of the other teams brought their full squads. Are so,e players not committed to the badge. Why are these players not attending if these games count towards regular season points. They got outshot by San Jose 23-2 San Jose is an average team at best. What will happen against teams like Lafc Atlanta New York Philadelphia Toronto etc etc. Lots of work to do and some very worrying signs yesterday.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you saying the Caps don’t select South Asian players simply due to being South Asian? If you are come out and say it.

The Caps are a shitty organization on many levels, but we’ve seen a lot of different races and colours go through their system. Yeah racism exists everywhere, but you seem to only be championing one particular group as being excluded.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you saying the Caps don’t select South Asian players simply due to being South Asian? If you are come out and say it.

The Caps are a shitty organization on many levels, but we’ve seen a lot of different races and colours go through their system. Yeah racism exists everywhere, but you seem to only be championing one particular group as being excluded.
Hahaha just because I said the players who deserve to get the call ups are sent white or Italian doesn’t mean their south Asian. Maybe that’s some kind of stereotype u got going on. My point is that there are better youth players around 4-5 of them who are miles ahead of the youth players they have picked. Like I’m talking day and night difference here. 3 of them are on trial with European clubs. Just because someone is not white or Italian doesn’t mean there south Asian my friend. Also that is one minor point that I made let’s keep the discussion focused on whitecaps. Poor recruitment poor coaching and lack of commitment. I never got an answer to why we play shitty football or why some of our main players are not playing even though these games are important but when it comes to the colour of the skin im getting answers right away. The club is run by dirty people and there is much more that goes on under the table that you guys have no clue about. The club just masks if by exposing society to good things. They do a good job of covering up their dirty work. If they don’t want someone to succeed they will do their best to hinder their development and if they want someone to succeed they will do their best to help the player even if that player is shite on a stick. The rest of the clubs don’t do that. The young players that deserve it most are given a chance. Maybe it’s racism maybe it’s not who knows but in my opinion the whitecaps don’t deserve to have an mls spot. Unless they change their owners.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps are gong downhill and since this coach came I actually see the team getting worse. There’s no style to their play. They can’t make 5 passes. The defence doesn’t even know how to hold a proper line and that is something u learn at a youth level. The lne is always way too deep and they need to step the fcuk up. The owners are just money thirsty sold Davies and bought a bunch of mediocre players to make it look like they spend money and care .they don’t give a fcuk about the team they just want their profits. The whitecaps youth recruitment is also terrible. The young guys they recruit like the guy they subbed on today and Simon colyn are not good. I have seen them play at the bcspl level. For example I can name 5 players off the top of my head that are miles better then this Simon kid. These players are not white or Italian. The only reason he’s on the team is because his parents have connections with the club. Also these players that play bcspl are not even taught to play the right way. It’s just kick and run. U need coaches that coach the game the way it should be played . The beautiful way. Whitecaps have no identity. Don’t know what they are doing on that field. We also need youth programs that pick the best players to bring to the top of the pile so they can be scouted by professional clubs not players that are there because their parents are wealthy enough to pay bcspl fees and buy the coach coffee. Whitecaps will finish nowhere but last if they keep this up.

I notice you didn't name the five players.

Your comments with respect to the BCSPL sound a lot more like sour grapes from someone involved in a club without a BCSPL franchise than anyone who has actually paid attention to the league. The teams go down to college showcase tournaments in the US, for instance, and hold their own quite nicely against legitimate international competition. Issue is further along the pipeline...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
"If they don't want someone to succeed they will hinder their development"... that might be the most idiotic thing I've ever read on here. They're so desperate to justify their academy that they consider Teibert and Davies "homegrown", but if they come across a stud prospect they don't like for some theoretical reason, they'll intentionally ruin the kid.

Fcuk off.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahaha just because I said the players who deserve to get the call ups are sent white or Italian doesn’t mean their south Asian. Maybe that’s some kind of stereotype u got going on. My point is that there are better youth players around 4-5 of them who are miles ahead of the youth players they have picked. Like I’m talking day and night difference here. 3 of them are on trial with European clubs. Just because someone is not white or Italian doesn’t mean there south Asian my friend. Also that is one minor point that I made let’s keep the discussion focused on whitecaps. Poor recruitment poor coaching and lack of commitment. I never got an answer to why we play shitty football or why some of our main players are not playing even though these games are important but when it comes to the colour of the skin im getting answers right away. The club is run by dirty people and there is much more that goes on under the table that you guys have no clue about. The club just masks if by exposing society to good things. They do a good job of covering up their dirty work. If they don’t want someone to succeed they will do their best to hinder their development and if they want someone to succeed they will do their best to help the player even if that player is shite on a stick. The rest of the clubs don’t do that. The young players that deserve it most are given a chance. Maybe it’s racism maybe it’s not who knows but in my opinion the whitecaps don’t deserve to have an mls spot. Unless they change their owners.
It’s pretty easy to read between the lines.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, I’m not the one that posted and insinuated “white or Italian” kids are the only ones being recruited and getting the spots dispute not being good enough. You are the one who posted it. You are right, racism exists everywhere, it’s just more convenient for some to use that word and accuse others when it suits them.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your comments with respect to the BCSPL sound a lot more like sour grapes from someone involved in a club without a BCSPL franchise than anyone who has actually paid attention to the league. The teams go down to college showcase tournaments in the US, for instance, and hold their own quite nicely against legitimate international competition. Issue is further along the

Our club does not have a bcspl franchise but we are the main feeder to bcspl. Most of the kids who play bcspl for surrey united and coastal are produced by ccb In the surrey newton area. That is one of the main reasons why ccb will be getting hpl soon. And once they do expect the quality to drop to the floor with the other surrey bcspl clubs In terms of bcspl those teams would get smashed by most USA teams. There are eight bcspl teams per age and 7 of them don’t have a chance against the elite USA teams. The first place teams in bcspl at a few ages have a chance but most of them would get smoked. Look at the Nike crossfire tournament in Seattle and tell me how many bcspl tea,s enter in the premier division. Look at the surf cup in San Diego and tell me how many bcspl teams do well in the premier division. The system in USA is tiered and the best teams move up to play at the highest level. They don’t have a pay to play at the highest level system. That’s why the best young players get promoted to the senior teams. I don’t need to name the 5 young players the results on the pitch are speaking for me.Yesterday the whitecaps had a 3-1 lead. They needed fresh young legs to come on and seal the game and match the intensity of the san Jose subs They didn’t put any of them on. Why because the game was too fast and physical for them . The coach even said it in his post game interview. That’s what happens when u don’t promote the best players. Club is a joke just admit it. Don’t know why people keep arguing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody is arguing the Caps are a joke. They have been piss poor are developing their prospects, and a big reason has been a steadfast refusal to play kids not named Davies.

Where people are arguing with you is your point about them note playing kids who aren’t White and / or Italian. Can you please expand on this? What exactly were you getting at?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB? You mean the club that put a pro-HPL statement up on its website when it thought it was going to be part of a merger with an existing HPL franchise, and then took it off the second the HLP board (of which I was a member) deep-sixed it?

You mean the club that was involved in no less than three simultaneous and competing applications for original HPL franchises?

The only reason you might get a franchise now is because every man and his dog is being allowed in... the CSA would prefer to do away with districts and just let private academies deal with the high end talent; ironically it's their capitulation to the "pay to play" philosophy that is the reason the doors are flying open to more franchises.

"In terms of BCSPL those teams would get smashed..." Stop. Holy hell stop. Yeah I'm aware there are varying levels at some of the tournaments. We only ever competed in the top division, and didn't once have a single game where we came close to getting "smashed". We were also fielding a team of kids six months younger than the players they were facing due to the different age cut offs here and there. We lost 1-0 to the #1 ranked team in Vegas (and <100 ranked in the country), and only then because apparently their defender was able to clear a ball off the line while holding onto the back netting for balance... Ask Jones how the CMF teams do when they go stateside... smashed... ridiculous.

"I don't have to name the best five players the results are speaking for me".... well, Einstein, if we don't know who they are, how can we assess the validity of your assertion for ourselves?

Either name them or zip it.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody is arguing the Caps are a joke. They have been piss poor are developing their prospects, and a big reason has been a steadfast refusal to play kids not named Davies.

Where people are arguing with you is your point about them note playing kids who aren’t White and / or Italian. Can you please expand on this? What exactly were you getting at?
I can’t say too much as that would be giving too much information being given away. But yeah there are kids that are working hard and showing promising Talent and it’s a shame that they aren’t getting picked. Who knows maybe there is something going on. ( I can’t expose my homclub and make them look that bad) I mean at the end of the day they might suck but I’m still a fan because I’m from Vancouver. U guys will find things out slowly over the years.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why aren’t they getting picked? Again, I look at the Caps range in ethnicity and it looks like the United Nations. There are a lot of problems in elite youth. Pay-to-play a huge issue. There is likely some biased selections. Politics reign. I’d just like you to get specific with your assertion that only white and / or Italian kids are being picked up.

I also remember some dimwit kids got kicked out for sexual assault. Wonder where those kids came from? Someone help me out.

Did you bring your knife to the gun fight again?

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB? You mean the club that put a pro-HPL statement up on its website when it thought it was going to be part of a merger with an existing HPL franchise, and then took it off the second the HLP board (of which I was a member) deep-sixed it?

You mean the club that was involved in no less than three simultaneous and competing applications for original HPL franchises?

The only reason you might get a franchise now is because every man and his dog is being allowed in... the CSA would prefer to do away with districts and just let private academies deal with the high end talent; ironically it's their capitulation to the "pay to play" philosophy that is the reason the doors are flying open to more franchises.

"In terms of BCSPL those teams would get smashed..." Stop. Holy hell stop. Yeah I'm aware there are varying levels at some of the tournaments. We only ever competed in the top division, and didn't once have a single game where we came close to getting "smashed". We were also fielding a team of kids six months younger than the players they were facing due to the different age cut offs here and there. We lost 1-0 to the #1 ranked team in Vegas (and <100 ranked in the country), and only then because apparently their defender was able to clear a ball off the line while holding onto the back netting for balance... Ask Jones how the CMF teams do when they go stateside... smashed... ridiculous.

"I don't have to name the best five players the results are speaking for me".... well, Einstein, if we don't know who they are, how can we assess the validity of your assertion for ourselves?

Either name them or z
Clowns like u are the reason why whitecaps are last place. U guys don’t realize and keep buying tickets and helping with profits. The club brings in whoever. U think Canadian youth teams can compete then why is the Canadian national team so garbage compared to USA. At all levels. Where do your Coquitlam youth players go then. That’s what I thought. The USA young kids shine through because they’re miles ahead. Your Coquitlam, team prolly entered a shitty tournament to raise the confidence of ur players because they didn’t want to get smashed . Enter a real top class tournament win something and then talk about competing. Like I said I don’t need to name any players. The results are doing the talking for me. The whitecaps are missing 6 key players for this tournament and most of these young guys on the bench still can’t get a minute. That’s telling u something. Open your eyes man come on.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why aren’t they getting picked? Again, I look at the Caps range in ethnicity and it looks like the United Nations. There are a lot of problems in elite youth. Pay-to-play a huge issue. There is likely some biased selections. Politics reign. I’d just like you to get specific with your assertion that only white and / or Italian kids are being picked up.

I also remember some dimwit kids got kicked out for sexual assault. Wonder where those kids came from? Someone help me out.

Did you bring your knife to the gun fight again?

Ur starting to get warmer I’ll give credit where credit is due u got knowledge I’ll give u that. Keep investigating that a wrap from me.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

1) CMF are our arch-rivals. Swing and a miss. The only thing we have in common with them is that we beat Surrey when it matters.

2) I'm one of the biggest critics of the Whitecaps on this board, notwithstanding my past involvement in the BCSPL. Again, aim your arrow better.

3) Your continued refusal to name these Neymars is duly noted. The inescapable conclusion is that you're full of shite.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

How about this one... how is this kid good enough for Schalke, but not for Whitecaps?

(he was in Cap Academy 3-4 years ago, but was out before he was 16 yrs old)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

How about this one... how is this kid good enough for Schalke, but not for Whitecaps?

(he was in Cap Academy 3-4 years ago, but was out before he was 16 yrs old)

And back to relevant topics....yup.

That being said, no matter how well the Caps actually develop their prospects there will be situations like this. Simply put I believe there are some pretty good players that fall through the cracks. A lot of them. Hopefully this kid moves onto a successful career.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of clubs have players fall through the cracks.
Good clubs.
I'm not making excuses for the Caps, far from it, but a lot of really good clubs let go youth players that come back to haunt them on their decision.

But there are certainly shortcomings with the Caps, and the Provincial and and National team programs on selection therein - We all know that.

I actually think its luck at the top amateur level making it to the pros.
Its luck by the Club and luck by the player to a certain degree and that the stars aligned for them both for it to happen.

The creme will eventually rise to the top but man, a ton of players go unnoticed globally and that is the reality of the situation.
The difference is marginal IMHO on who made it and who was close.
It comes down to being in the right spot at the right time by both sides.

Ronaldo. 07

Oct 7, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of clubs have players fall through the cracks.
Good clubs.
I'm not making excuses for the Caps, far from it, but a lot of really good clubs let go youth players that come back to haunt them on their decision.

But there are certainly shortcomings with the Caps, and the Provincial and and National team programs on selection therein - We all know that.

I actually think its luck at the top amateur level making it to the pros.
Its luck by the Club and luck by the player to a certain degree and that the stars aligned for them both for it to happen.

The creme will eventually rise to the top but man, a ton of players go unnoticed globally and that is the reality of the situation.
The difference is marginal IMHO on who made it and who was close.
It comes down to being in the right spot at the right time by both sides.
Couldn’t have said it better. That lad on Schalke is a class player and there are currently 3 that were released and are in Europe. One in Portugal one in England and one In Croatia .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0