Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AC/DC : Which is the All-Time Best Riff?

Which AC/DC song has the best guitar riff?

• Giving the Dog a Bone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If You Want Blood (You've Got It)

• TNT

• Total voters

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not going to bother arguing about this one..... :rolleyes:

My pick out of what's available is "Back in Black," with "You Shook Me" although I would have gone with "Highway to Hell" if available (give me Bon Scott over Brian Johnson any day).

Priceless ancient memory: pulling up to a stoplight at Royal Oak and Grange in my new (at the time) Mini with Highway to Hell on the Clarions cranked up to "bleeding eardrums;" a carload of headbanging yahoos nearly in the other seats. Beside us, a black Camaro full of Italian hotties (still at the pre-moustache stage) listening to the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, or some other such insipid thing. After failing to get the girls to notice us through most of the song, Bon wailing "I'm goin' down..." catches their attention just before the light changes, and on cue, Lucas, the British Leyland god of darkness kicks in, and cannot be coerced into restarting anything electrical on the Mini. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth ensued, with the girls honking as they drove off, and us stuck now having to push the dead Mini across the intersection before the light changed. Thankfully, we were pointing down the hill there, and were able to get it push-started....

beers,

stew :cool:

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You gotta be shitin' me... the best has got to be Shoot to Thrill!!!!!

....I'm gonna pull it, pull it....pull tha triggaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best guitar intro and sollo, by far :bronco:

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
The scary part is that it says 42-39-56....apparently when Bon Scott first met/slept with her she was that big and then when he went back she had thinned out and Bon left right away. And no I don't like women that big I just like the song, Dap don't speak!!!

I knew I had it wrong but thats the version that I sing when I'm alone
in my car. :(

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain's Keeper said:
when he went back she had thinned out Bon left right away. And no I don't like women that big I just like the song, Dap don't speak!!!

It's a free country, my friend. Speaking of countries, it sounds like you've had a few women the size of one. They (well, Lita) says the first sign of addiction is denial. Therefore, taking into account deductive reasoning and the fact you are denying you like big women it is obvious that YOU ARE ADDICTED TO HAMMERING GREEDY SALAD-DODGING FATTIES YOU SICK BASTARD! A whole lotta rosie indeed. You could pat her ass all day and never hit the same spot twice.

In an attempt to be on topic I will submit this. Riffs are merely the showy, marketable yet unfulfilling part of a song. Anyone as smart as me (no one then) knows that it's the rhythm section (generally speaking, the drum and bass) that always drives songs and bands forward. Why not a thread dedicated to the best rhymth sections? I would submit the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea and Chad as a recent example a great rhythm section. And HoS as a great rhythmless section.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Anyone as smart as me (no one then) knows that it's the rhythm section (generally speaking, the drum and bass) that always drives songs and bands forward.

You've met your match Dap.
Greetings to you my Mensa brother. :D

The rhythm section is always the offensive linemen of bands.
Unsung heroes so they are.
However Dap, you also must include the rhythm guitar player in this grouping according to most stage and jazz band set ups.

Headed by Malcolm Young, AC/DC has the tighest rhythm section out there and of all time.

They fcuking rock every night baby.

My two bits,

RF

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
sid,

how did you make it back from the bridge via the institute, to post at 9:57pm :confused:
connections my dear !!!!!!!connections ;) :D

for those about to rock we salute you :wa: :bronco: :knvb: :wa:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
It's a free country, my friend. Speaking of countries, it sounds like you've had a few women the size of one. They (well, Lita) says the first sign of addiction is denial. Therefore, taking into account deductive reasoning and the fact you are denying you like big women it is obvious that YOU ARE ADDICTED TO HAMMERING GREEDY SALAD-DODGING FATTIES YOU SICK BASTARD! A whole lotta rosie indeed. You could pat her ass all day and never hit the same spot twice.

I fcuking hate you!!! See you Sunday

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0