Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

African Nations Tournament This Weekend

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haven't heard yet, Valkyrie......should know soon. As for assistants, it depends on the tournament I suppose if they want to pay the extra money for assistants. I can't answer that either. Sorry. :(

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The tournament schedule is up, and games start at 9am on Satuday, at Burnaby lake East grass fields. The beergarden with thumping music by DJ Patrick will open at 9:15 if Ghouse has any say.
Cash prizes of $3,500.
South Africa is te defending champ, and about to be dethroned?

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Day 1 Results. All the top tiered teams in the 4 groups seemed destined to advance, namely Mozambique, Ghana, South Africa and Sierra Leone. well as the 4 second place finishers. The quarterfinals start at 9am on Sunday followed by the semis and the final. Last year. the crowd was over 1,000 for the final.
The smart money is on Sierra Leone.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Soccer today and no Police....LOL
Sunburntandfrickentired.
I recomend you try thr food..awsome.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didnt go anywhere I was just a fan enjoying some great soccer...Final Mozambique 4 Ghana 2 Better game by far than India/Ireland
If Africa gets back into the nations cup and can stop the inter fighting (never happen) they could win that tournament.
I love to be a fan and heckle the officials that are way to old and way to out of shape to be on the field. You know the the officials that clearly are only there for the $60 bucks...The old guard who if it wasnt for that $6o would be pulling empties out of trash cans. Officials that dont have proper Officiating kit.....Officials that the their own linesmen are shakeing thier heads at...
To chickn shti to make the right call at a soccer game so not to induce a riot..lol...Dont take the job if your to scared to be on the field.
Actually the Officiating this year was the best i have seen it..Except for some short old bald guy who never left the center circle and was letting Studs up tackles happen without warnings...On the situation in question, an unhappy player on a call picked up the ball and punted it over the fence into the trees and got no card...we all were upset because thats when its the officials fault for letting the game get nasty...ruins all the hard work the other officials have done so far to keep the order.
And again I didnt go anywhere and have the sunburn to prove it. Every one of my players play on one team or another..I go to support all of them and to take in a great day and a great tournament which is getting better every year...Huge crowd at the final and it was Africa Hot out.
I say Great Job by everyone.
ps the ethnic food was totally worth the stop'

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was definitely lots of talent there too, Ghouse. :)

As for the final being better than the Nations Cup final, I wasn't able to be there for that one but I was there for the first two quarter-final games and Saturday's 4 games over at the turf. Cooking hot.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The early rounds are usually not so good. But this year they were way better...Only 2 blow outs.
Alot of surprize teams.
The final ..Ghana up 2 -0 early and Mozambique fighting back to win was really fun to watch.
I am very proud of all my guys an all the teams because everyone I saw play, stood out and did very well.
This Tournament was way better than last year and is only getting better.
If you havent gone...you must check out the final and the concessions.
That is the one thing they have thats miles ahead of the Nations Cup...Such good food and no Hamburgers..All ethnic dishes that are simpley worth the stop.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
16 African Countries, 16 dishes, looks like you sampled them all or we need to chip in and get you a Cloughie size shirt!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did try almost everything over the 2 days...I saw everyone in the food area more than once so it wasnt just me...Also my new Fav soda.."TING"

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's right Ghouse, stay well away from the burgers, they'll only add to your waistline. Have been away for the past 2 years for this tourney. Will have to try and keep the family at home for next year.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0