Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

After 19 years, No more Labour Day Burnaby Tournament

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
After 19 years ,there will be no more Burnaby Labour Day Soccer tournament hosted by the Bby Canadians FC.
I just wanted to say Thank-You to Keith and Joan for all your hard work from years past and to say we always had a great time.
Even in the rain in the beer gardens.
It was always a good kick around before the winter season started.
I know many many teams that took part over the years and they all were sad to hear the end had come.
Good luck on your new adventures.
Ghouse

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is very sad, I started playing with the Wesburn Mens team in the early 90's and that tournament allways attracted some of the best teams from all over BC, Alberta, and Washington. It was the tourny to be in, to play the best teams before the start of the VMSL season.

Lots of long hours by Ron Loland, Billy Johnston, Brian Kerr, and in recent years Keith and Joan. Many others played key rolls in making the Burnaby Club what it was through the 90's and early 2000's.
Lots of good times at those fields by Burnaby Lake.

hos

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's too bad this tourny is done. Lots of good times at the beer garden and plenty of decent competition over the years. Anyone know any other good tournaments on this weekend??

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It all went pear-shaped when someone drove their car onto the fields and did donuts.

:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are right Regs, because years later they hired that same kid to coach the U-21 team.

Good times, too bad the little Suszuki got stuck on a bridge.

hos

No more stories please!

renown81

Jun 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its sad to see the tounry gone was a good time in the beer gardens cheers to everyone who came . does anyone know if there are any others tourneys close to that date ?

renown81

Jun 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the info on the New Tournament ( KNVB) I guess I will check it out sounds like should be good from the web link u had up

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just out at a game on Wed and I over heard a couple of guys talking about entering this tourny so I informed them it was off,,So I am posting here just to make sure everyone has notice.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse said:
I was just out at a game on Wed and I over heard a couple of guys talking about entering this tourny so I informed them it was off,,So I am posting here just to make sure everyone has notice.
...As indicated by the title of this thread, no? Redundant?;)

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've just been informed by ghouse that the tourny is cancelled. Just to let everyone know so they don't show up at the field and feel stupid.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0