Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alberta Outdoor ~ AMSL and other leagues

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just back from the Alberta provincials in North Edmonton... its a six team weekend tournament format. If I'm following correctly, Edmonton Green and Gold knocked out Edmonton Victoria with a 2-0 win and Calgary Callies ended Calgary Dino's cup run with a 3-1 victory.

This sets up essentially, I think, tomorrow's semi-finals with Calgary Callies taking on their Edmonton Scottish rivals and Edmonton Green and Gold facing the Calgary Villains Elite in the other.

I'll try to make the matches and post a report.

I'll definately be at Monday's final.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back again from the ASA Provincials where the Calgary Callies were dismantling Edmonton Scottish holding a 5-1 lead when I left the park with about 20 mins to play. Barring a miracle, the Callies will play Edmonton Green and Gold in tomorrow's final after they beat a very skillfull Calgary Villains 2-1 in the first semi.

The Callies, I have to say, appear to be a class club on and off the park but were certainly the benefactors of a meltdown by the Edmonton Scottish keeper in the first five minutes of the game where he let in two reasonably soft goals and then a third he had no chance on to make it 3-nil about 20 minutes in and it was one way traffic after that. The Scottish, who also give the impression of a class club, made as many subs as they could at half time and converted a 50th minute penalty to gain some life and were threatening for about 5-10 minutes before a Callie counter-attack likely finished the match. In the large crowd I overheard some discussion that ``it`s going to get ugly`` and I truly hope it didn`t in the 20 minutes at the end I skipped.

In the first semi final it was a battle of a couple younger teams and I think the Calgary Villains (Aston Villa kit btw) may have had some of the best individually skilled players combined with speed in the tournament and I think a bit unlucky to have lost... but full credit to The Green and Gold who battled and I can`t say they don`t deserve to be in the final.

Callies obviously the huge favourites heading into tomorrow.

Games, kjohnsob, are at the ESA complex near Victoria Sports club just off Saint Albert Trail.

There are actually 14 adult Provincial tournaments taking place at the 15 field complex. If you`ve never watched the Killam Hay Farmers take on the Two Hills Cattle Ranchers beside a bank of pick-up trucks lining a football pitch then you really should some day.

Toze

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back again from the ASA Provincials where the Calgary Callies were dismantling Edmonton Scottish holding a 5-1 lead when I left the park with about 20 mins to play. Barring a miracle, the Callies will play Edmonton Green and Gold in tomorrow's final after they beat a very skillfull Calgary Villains 2-1 in the first semi.

The Callies, I have to say, appear to be a class club on and off the park but were certainly the benefactors of a meltdown by the Edmonton Scottish keeper in the first five minutes of the game where he let in two reasonably soft goals and then a third he had no chance on to make it 3-nil about 20 minutes in and it was one way traffic after that. The Scottish, who also give the impression of a class club, made as many subs as they could at half time and converted a 50th minute penalty to gain some life and were threatening for about 5-10 minutes before a Callie counter-attack likely finished the match. In the large crowd I overheard some discussion that ``it`s going to get ugly`` and I truly hope it didn`t in the 20 minutes at the end I skipped.

In the first semi final it was a battle of a couple younger teams and I think the Calgary Villains (Aston Villa kit btw) may have had some of the best individually skilled players combined with speed in the tournament and I think a bit unlucky to have lost... but full credit to The Green and Gold who battled and I can`t say they don`t deserve to be in the final.

Callies obviously the huge favourites heading into tomorrow.

Games, kjohnsob, are at the ESA complex near Victoria Sports club just off Saint Albert Trail.

There are actually 14 adult Provincial tournaments taking place at the 15 field complex. If you`ve never watched the Killam Hay Farmers take on the Two Hills Cattle Ranchers beside a bank of pick-up trucks lining a football pitch then you really should some day.

Toze

Toze how many poeple do u think were at the game? my guess close to 600 or more. great atmosphere! Hopefully we play like we did today to give us a good chance of 4 peating... we have had trouble beating GnG....btw the Edmonotn Scottish are a 1st class club.......

As it looks we could have a Callies sweep Callies Women, Callies Men and Callies over 35's good luck to all teams!!!

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no sweep but the men prevailed on to Saskatoon!!!!! 2-1 win over green and gold should have been more.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to see West Van face off with the Callies.

Unfortunately when we were there, the Callies had a bit of a rough go of it... I think they finished last? Of course, we had Fids - the only player to win back-to-back National championships with different provinces?

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Larsson. Who is going on the womens side? Is it the same team as last year? See you in Sask. With My Surrey girls ! ( 6 time provincial champs in a row , by the way ) :)

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Callies who scored the winner with ten minutes left. Yes, it could have been more and the better team won but Green and Gold put up a pretty good scrap and with a little more luck might have stolen the match.

Perhaps Oor Wullie or Larrson know the answer but what’s the rush with playing three critical games in three days? There’s another month of decent weather left and this upcoming weekend has temperatures in the 30 degree range forecasted... but the soccer season in Alberta, as best I can tell, is over?

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to see West Van face off with the Callies.

Unfortunately when we were there, the Callies had a bit of a rough go of it... I think they finished last? Of course, we had Fids - the only player to win back-to-back National championships with different provinces?

WestVan are in our group and we will be ready to play a very good WV team. Our club is looking forward to the Challenge in a very tough group. BC,Ontario,Alberta,Sask and Manitoba.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Larsson. Who is going on the womens side? Is it the same team as last year? See you in Sask. With My Surrey girls ! ( 6 time provincial champs in a row , by the way ) :)

hopefully the surrey girls are their to play.... soccer that is..

good luck:D

renegade

Nov 17, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson, you are incorrect about Edmonton Scottish being a 1st class club.I overheard people at the indoor centre talking about how Scottish was a class club but since they acquired their new coach and "trainer" they haven't won anything. They were also talking about some videos posted on the Edmonton Scottish facebook site. Mike ? and Jay Vetsch have absolutely no class. Guaranteed you would never see Coach Randall of the Callies allowing that disgraceful behaviour to happen on the road with his club. As one gentleman said on Sunday..."too bad for Hamish Black and some of the long time players with Scottish, the club has been taken over by a bunch of idiots."

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Renegade,

Are you involved with one of the Edmonton teams?

Cheers,

Regs.

PS. Welcome to TTP!

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson, you are incorrect about Edmonton Scottish being a 1st class club.I overheard people at the indoor centre talking about how Scottish was a class club but since they acquired their new coach and "trainer" they haven't won anything. They were also talking about some videos posted on the Edmonton Scottish facebook site. Mike ? and Jay Vetsch have absolutely no class. Guaranteed you would never see Coach Randall of the Callies allowing that disgraceful behaviour to happen on the road with his club. As one gentleman said on Sunday..."too bad for Hamish Black and some of the long time players with Scottish, the club has been taken over by a bunch of idiots."

Another retarded post by yes, you guessed it, a retard. Just for the record Scottish won the league the following outdoor season and top 4 in the province. Like to see who spouts this drivel. GIRUY renegade cause you are bell end!

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another retarded post by yes, you guessed it, a retard. Just for the record Scottish won the league the following outdoor season and top 4 in the province. Like to see who spouts this drivel. GIRUY renegade cause you are bell end!

2.5 years late

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0