Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[AMSL 2006] Banter and other things.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the new season kicks off this week. It looks like it could be an interesting year.

The Dragons open their 10th anniversery tour against AFtershock on Thursday night at BBY Lake. The cooler and the BBQ will be out in full effect. I wonder if knvb will make a Co-ed appearence. Doubtful I suppose. He's pouting right now anyway.

Thursday!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good way to start. Our first game of the year tomorrow night has been postponed because the other team couldn't field enough players.

Sunday at Osler is our "first" game then. Love that field.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Butter FC played the Tourney Winners, Union Jackers tonight....

We started off 1-0 and held a 1-1 tie the whole first half.... and then we scored our second goal near the end of the game ending a slaughter of 8-2 (ouch)

It started to go downhill in the second hald when we realized there was another 40 minutes of running and when our keeper kicked the ball at a Butter player's back causing a stray ball to be picked up by a Union Jacker. :confused:

And I wish I could stay on my feet.... I keep taking these nasty spills that look ridiculous!
:rolleyes:

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz...when did you join Butter FC? Why are you no longer a Beernut? Did STD, give you an offer you couldn't refuse? Or, were there too many pregnant girls on the Beernuts?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Balsa wanted to play coed last year but Beernuts wouldn't take him so we joined Butter together.

Plus Beernuts didn't have a rubber chicken as a mascot! :D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Balsa wanted to play coed last year but Beernuts wouldn't take him so we joined Butter together.

Plus Beernuts didn't have a rubber chicken as a mascot! :D

I'LL CHOKE THAT F*CKEN CHICKEN...wait...uh...that didn't sound good!!

Spazz left Beernuts not only for that reason...that was ONE of the reasons...the other...she wanted to have some reason to banter back and forth even more with me, and it just doesn't work when you play on the same team!! ;)

Let the games begin!!

BEERNUTS vs. BUTTER
Sunday, May 7th 12pm, Kwayquitlam

striker14

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As stated above Butter was beaten by a bunch of tryhards (what else would you expect from a team Yoda plays on). We all know how the Jackers love to use players from other teams(what else would you expect from a team coached by Guru), the cheaters they are, so the game is under protest and Butter should have their first win once the proper decision has been made. Even though we were playing the leagues latest bunch of tryhards it was a nice night to watch a game and have a few beers.

Btw thanks for the beers tryhards.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
We all know how the Jackers love to use players from other teams(what else would you expect from a team coached by Guru), the cheaters they are, so the game is under protest and Butter should have their first win once the proper decision has been made.

Player Rosters and Eligibilty

1. Team lists will be required for regular season games. A preliminary team roster shall be turned in at the start of the year tournament, with your League Fees.

2. Each team must present a FINAL roster of up to 26 players by May 31, 2006 via EMAIL ONLY to the League President, Gerry Karvelis and Vice President, Melanie Mele. This team roster must contain all player names (first and last) and birth dates.

3. All teams are on the HONOUR SYSTEM with regards to only dressing players from their own team rosters.

4. A team can challenge the eligibility of a player by contacting the league president who has all team rosters. If a team has not submitted a roster to the president, then any player whose eligibility is questioned will be considered ineligible.

5. The violating team stands to be disqualified for the games in which this player played.

6. During the season, up to three player changes may be made to a team's roster. A change is defined as either a replacement of one player with another or the addition of a new player if your roster isn't up to its maximum of 26 players.

7. The President must be informed of a roster change BEFORE a new player can play. Disregard of this rule will result in the player in question being ineligible to play in the AMSL during the current season.

8. In all cases, every player must play at least 5 regular season league games (not including the tournament) for the team in question to be eligible to play in the playoffs in that same season.

9. A team cannot replace a player's spot if that player is suspended (see rules applying to yellow and red cards.) For example, if the team carried 26 eligible players when one got suspended, it may now carry only 25 until the suspension is over.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: disqualifying the Violators

Originally posted by:striker14
5. The violating team stands to be disqualified
As a new member of the Violators I resemble that comment!!:rolleyes:

The AMSL has no idea what they've got themselves into now with Guinness on board!!!;)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
STD said:
As stated above Butter was beaten by a bunch of tryhards (what else would you expect from a team Yoda plays on). We all know how the Jackers love to use players from other teams(what else would you expect from a team coached by Guru), the cheaters they are, so the game is under protest and Butter should have their first win once the proper decision has been made. Even though we were playing the leagues latest bunch of tryhards it was a nice night to watch a game and have a few beers.

Btw thanks for the beers tryhards.

Dear STD,
This is to confirm that the league has received your team's protest questioning the eligibility of numerous Union Jackers.

As noted in the 2006 AMSL Rule Book, a preliminary team list was due at the tournament. Thirteen teams followed the league rules by submitting a team roster while eleven teams did not. The Union Jackers were not one of those teams. Therefore, the Union Jackers did, in fact, breech Article F, Section 7, number 1:

Furthermore, as it states in the same article and section that A team can challenge the eligibility of a player by contacting the league president who has all team rosters. If a team has not submitted a roster to the president, then any player whose eligibility is questioned will be considered ineligible.

Moreover, The violating team stands to be disqualified for the games in which this player played.

The league will make a final decision sometime before July 1, 2007.

The league is also looking into your protest that people named Rob not be allowed to play in the league. While I agree with your concern, I could not find anything in the league constitution which would support your protest.

Regards,

AMSL Upper Management

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: disqualifying the Violators

Guinness said:
As a new member of the Violators I resemble that comment!!:rolleyes

And with that announcement the AMSL just took a huge nose dive on the stock exchange.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons 3 - 1 Beefeaters. Nice.

I see the YG's are at it agian. Running scores up and such.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts