Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2011 - Banter, Trade Rumours, Indiscretions

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
beernuts have to forfeit their game vs. young guns tomorrow night
we are down to 4 guys

the funniest part was when conductor showed up to our game on sunday to ask us to forfeit
his reason..."you are going to lose anyways"
:eek:
the nerve!!!
well...he is right, BUT STILL...the nerve!!

GO CANUCKS GO

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cosmos and GFYS game called early due to some idiots yelling at Herb and saying inappropriate names. Taking it all waaaaaay to seriously and losing the whole point of co-ed summer soccer.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cosmos and GFYS game called early due to some idiots yelling at Herb and saying inappropriate names. Taking it all waaaaaay to seriously and losing the whole point of co-ed summer soccer.

i'm shocked. i've always known the cosmos to be the class of the league.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More shocking is people taking coed too seriously and yelling at Herb.

Bumming should be a red card offense, maybe then these tryhards would calm down.

:)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But Regs, bumming could only be called by Jwala (RIP, big guy). I don't think he ever deputized Herb to make that call.

Aside from that, only Mrs. Herb is allowed to yell at Herb...

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

something that needs to be realized by all teams...we all get Herb...he doesn't pick and choose the teams he refs
when Herb has to call a game, you know it's bad
he puts up with some abuse at times, but what went on this game was unacceptable, and he made the appropriate call, from what i hear and the emails/calls i have received

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe there were only a few people who were complaining to him but the aggression at which they were complaining was appauling.
Don't mean to treat this like the riots, but the forward one of the teams told Herb to "go back where he came from".
Are you kidding me?

As usual, Herb took it in stride and made the appropriate call. Could have pulled out more than the 2 or 3 red cards he did pull.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, red cards should never be necessary in coed. Unless you nearly kill someone.

Or so I've been told :rolleyes:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herb should retire.those red cards that he gave out wasn't necessary.

Well Stunatman Herb reffs every team but only one team has problems with cards. Butter has been in the league for probably six year and we had only one red card all those years. It was from a new guy in an opening tournament. despite being the leading scorer in the tournament for us and in the FVSL we decided he wasn't Butter material. Teams really need to police thems selves better and decide who gets coed and who doesn't.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
stunatman
Re: AMSL 2011 - Banter, Trade Rumours, Indiscretions

Herb should retire.those red cards that he gave out wasn't necessary.

Stunatz, if this is what Cosmos are hoping to bring up to the "A" division in coed than we don't want to see your team there!;) IMO most of the cards in the few that do happen in coed always come in "C" division as you have some players who don't get Herb's or other ref's reffing for that matter. Than the "B" division will get some cards but you never really hear of them in the "A" and that's just how we like it!! Cosmos are one win away from clinching promotion though so congrats to you and your team Stunatz!! Hopefully your team doesn't get deducted points for the red cards you have picked up though, cause then your team will drop out of first!!:eek:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor I talked with one member of the discipline committee and he thinks it would be unfair to deduct points. Enjoy!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor, I've yet to see any cards in our (C) division this year. I think everyone gets it........ So far.

Stunt, good or bad reffing, he should never have to pull out a card.... Period.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herb continues to ref in this League because he genuinely loves everyone, from C Div to A Div.
the abuse that this guy puts up with is unbelievable, but he continues to stick around
his calls are frustrating at times, but again, we all get those calls. he does not pick and choose the teams/players he decides to throw these calls at.
most teams have come to realize that over the years
i am not sure why it all of a sudden has become such an issue with some teams?

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...IMO most of the cards in the few that do happen in coed always come in "C" division as you have some players who don't get Herb's or other ref's reffing for that matter.

where did this information come from?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...IMO most of the cards in the few that do happen in coed always come in "C" division as you have some players who don't get Herb's or other ref's reffing for that matter.
where did this information come from?

wikpedia , I googled AMSL 2010!!;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0