Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AMSL 2012 - Banter and all that good stuff

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, it actually took something like the Clap to generate some interest on this site!! I for one can't wait to vote the handshake rule in!!:wa: I personally could care less what some teams want to do or not. This league is about fun, social times and sportsmanship. So what's the big deal of a 20 second team handshake? Heck at my age it's the only time I get to touch so many females at once in such a short time frame!! LOL:eek:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
conductor...care to explain how YG lost to Butter last night
4 nil?

Last night Butter churned the Young Guns 4-0. If it wasn't for the Guns keeper the score could have been 8 or 9-0. The few chances that YG had offensivly, Butters goalie was ready for them. He is probably one of the top 3 goalies in the league and when he is on, teams will struggle to score on Butter. STD was only an anchor on the backline for Butter and he creamed everything out of the 18! Let's be honest YG's luck was bound to run out. With 30 players on our roster, we have yet to play a game where we have had 3 subs. Last night we had one female sub with two girls who shouldn't be playing taking turns on the bench. Butter will be a team who comes in the top 4 if they have the same line up out as last night!! Other than that YG needs to get numbers out as we play the top two teams in the league in Cheatside and Beefeaters in back to back games this Sunday, Monday. Congrats to Butter as they were deserving of the 3 points last night. I personally was happy with doing the handshake as it proved good sportsmanship on YG's part after having our asses handed to us. I know if we had done the wave, it would have left a bad feeling in me!!;)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personally was happy with doing the handshake as it proved good sportsmanship on YG's part

Yes shaking your hand made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside but you know what would have really warmed my cockels... being invited to sit by your nice warm fire on a cold night. Maybe next time.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it's crap the clap has been going around coed for as long as I can remember. It started with one team and it quickly spread throughout the league.
the clap goes back to the 1900's ... and yes STD, you would remember it well since it was the Union Jackers who started it in their inaugural season (and ewe were on the team then) And it was actually started by Snowman ... so no, not cheatside.

Snowman was getting tired of all the 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 who-do-we-appreciate & hip hip hooray CRAP... It didn't start as just "the clap" with no hand shake, he started it because those cheers sounded stooopud (which I totally agree), but after "the clap" we still went over and shook hands ... it wasn't meant as a substitute of the handshake, just in place of the cheer... no way Snowman was going to give up shaking hands with so many strange boys and girls...

We also have done that for years in Men's and Masters... (with the handshake) just listen to a bunch of 40 year olds yelling Hip Hip hooray and see how silly it sounds...

I'm all in favour of sticking with the clap.... followed by a handshake... not just a clap and wave... that IS daffy/unsportsmanlike !

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd even go as far as just walking around after the whistle and shaking hands with opposing players rather than walking to our sideline then walk all the way back across the field to shake hands.

That's being lazy and sportsmanlike at the same time.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd even go as far as just walking around after the whistle and shaking hands with opposing players rather than walking to our sideline then walk all the way back across the field to shake hands.

That's being lazy and sportsmanlike at the same time.

a wise munchkin are you !

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the clap goes back to the 1900's ... and yes STD, you would remember it well since it was the Union Jackers who started it in their inaugural season (and ewe were on the team then) And it was actually started by Snowman ... so no, not cheatside.

i wasn't sure to be honest...all i know is we have an EX-cheatsider (two nine) on our team and he does the cheer and wave and can't understand why we would wanna exert more energy to go and shake hands...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i wasn't sure to be honest...all i know is we have an EX-cheatsider (two nine) on our team and he does the cheer and wave and can't understand why we would wanna exert more energy to go and shake hands...

If you're exerting too much energy in a co-ed game to show a little sportsmanship after the game, you're doing it wrong.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Young Guns in a shootout over the Beefeaters 8-5. Goaltending was non apparent in this match but a female player from Beefeaters scored 2 cracker goals. Sounds like Beernuts had the same problem with goaltending as I heard their cagey Fijian allowed 4 goals in the first 10 minutes and then pulled himself. Beernuts made a comeback against the Warriors but fell short 6-4. I believe the Warriors were still on a high after watching Italy earlier in the morning earn an impressive tie against Spain. The Warriors were still draped in their Ital flags as they showed up to the park for their coed match!! The qoute of the day came after the Beernuts game when the Cagey Fijian stated that he needed to go make some money as he gets PAYED to play in the Fijian league. I just hope he doesn't play in the Net on that team!!:wa:

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The clap and wave was already in place when I joined cheat side back in the day. It came about in a different time when games were played back to back at fields and could sometimes be an all day affair. After the games teams who stuck around mingled and had pints after games together. Plus we were probably to tired to walk across the field as we usually didn't have very many subs. The team we played yesterday was peace out about 5 min after the game was over. Not as social as it used to be. I support the clap and wave and i don't think it matters that we don't do this in mens or women's league. Just my opinion.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No it's not quite the same has it has been in years past, however, even my kids ask why we don't go and shake the other teams hands after the game. At age 7-9 they know sportsmanship and just good friendlyness in sport. Can't we do the same? :(

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe that TTP and amsl handshakes has turned into a children's life lesson. I don't want that pressure. Just shake hands already. If you don't want to don't. I can't believe where this has gone on TTP.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe that TTP and amsl handshakes has turned into a children's life lesson. I don't want that pressure. Just shake hands already. If you don't want to don't. I can't believe where this has gone on TTP.

we just really needed to get this thread going again two-nine and it worked!! :wa:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually, it's not the children that need the life lesson apparently. ;)

Relax 29, just working you over. If you are so out of shape that you can't cross the field to shake hands, or just don't wanna. That's fine.
We'll all just be sportmanlike without you. :)

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya yoda, I'm the one getting bent out of shape on this topic. I actually could care less. Keep using the force buddy and spreading the message of sportsmanship on TTP. This is TTP after all.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
YG's vs Cheatside wasn't that interesting last night. Cheatside did give a cheer and do the handshake after the game though. Not sure what is going on with the Young Guns this year as again we played short for the whole game. Who knows this could be coming to an end. YG has been in the league for 21 years and this is probably the worst year in terms of turn out. Out of 8 games we have had this year, we have only played 2 games were we had subs. I know we aren't the only team with these types of struggles but this truly has been a tough year. The funny thing is we have 30 players signed. As for last night Cheatside was prepared to outlast the YG's last night as they had lot's of subs and a good post game social. They had a bar bq going with I believe three full coolers of beverages, a change tent and music pumpimg. They were still at the field at 12:30 am and going pretty good. Not sure if they all had to work today but they went pretty good last night!! To think this was a Monday night, I can only imagine the post game festivities when they play their games on a saturday night!;) Not to often YG's lose out on the post game social, but they did last night!! Looks like we will have to start are streak up again this saturday!!:D

stunatman

Oct 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like the YG's are running with the title and there doing it without subs.i wonder what team will catch them.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0