Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals BB5 at Nationals 2023

BC Teams @ Nationals

SoccerDaD14

Jan 22, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought it might be offside too, but it's extremely difficult with a youtube video to find the right frame where ball contact is made by the passer. It's also not helped by the single camera view and the defender blocking the view.

I think that screen cap is after the point of contact, but also hard to tell from the camera's perspective if the forward is on/off at the earlier frame.

At the end of the day, the draw wouldn't have really helped BB5 anyway. ON is 3-0 and just need a draw vs Winnipeg to go through to the gold medal match.
Then Ontario lost to Manitoba today....Manitoba beats Que tomorrow and they go through

BB5 missed a chance here

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ontario wins Nationals over Nova Scotia #2 (looks like NS #1 played for bronze).

BB5 5th. Hopefully that helps BCs grouping for next year. Not sure if there will be two BC entrants next season as I think Pegasus is hosting?

Presumably it depends on other Provinces opting in/out? I see no Territories participated this year - presumably Yukon would be interested in coming to BC. Also no Saskatchewan representative (not sure if there was a qualification they lost or if they just opted out).

On the Women's side it appears that Newfoundland defended their title while Surrey ended up 5th as well. Looks like it's the first time Surrey has failed to medal at Nationals but they were handed a tough group after Victoria's dismal (8th or 9th place I think?) performance last year.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ontario wins Nationals over Nova Scotia #2 (looks like NS #1 played for bronze).

BB5 5th. Hopefully that helps BCs grouping for next year. Not sure if there will be two BC entrants next season as I think Pegasus is hosting?

Presumably it depends on other Provinces opting in/out? I see no Territories participated this year - presumably Yukon would be interested in coming to BC. Also no Saskatchewan representative (not sure if there was a qualification they lost or if they just opted out).

On the Women's side it appears that Newfoundland defended their title while Surrey ended up 5th as well. Looks like it's the first time Surrey has failed to medal at Nationals but they were handed a tough group after Victoria's dismal (8th or 9th place I think?) performance last year.

SU women lost first game 3-1 to Alberta in a very tough game. We made a couple of errors and they finished their chances. We still had ample opportunities to get the result in that game but we just couldn't finish our chances and their goalie came up big several times. That was our only loss. NFLD and us tied 0-0 with the same dynamics at play. Our group was tough. In fact not one team from our side lost in the cross-over games to the other teams such as Ontario and Quebec and Nova Scotia.

I won't get into the array of factors that can skew what transpires in these tourneys. We all know what that can entail. But I feel very confident in saying that both BB5 and SU Premier Women represented our province well and could have been the national champions if some facets went as they could or should. I really enjoyed my time with Ted and Sunny on BB5 with our discussions over pints and their support of our team.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0