Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Soccer is watching you

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the biggest joke yet.

Hey BC Soccer, how about spending time re-evaluating your "programs" instead of trying to silence critics?

Go ahead and attempt to 'charge' me, let's see how far that gets you :rolleyes:

Social Media is a tool that can be used by everyone in the office or at your organization to help
promote the sport of soccer but always remember to use your common sense when posting. If you’re
at all unsure about your post or comment please check with your designated communications
representative if you have one or if not, feel free to connect with the BC Soccer Marketing and
Communications Officer Peter Lonergan (peterlonergan@bcsoccer.net) prior to posting.

Sounds like Peter wants a TTP Moderating job :)

Attachments

• Membership Social Media Guidelines Final - Sept 2014.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 94

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
The whole idea that if you are not sure what to send out, send it to them first and they will OK it is fcuked.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Orwellian for sure...
Not really surprising given the sorts that run the show at BC Soccer. I'm curious how many on here will abide??? I know the VMSL sent out a similar message to referees. Hi Willy!!!!

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
United Nations, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the biggest joke yet.

Hey BC Soccer, how about spending time re-evaluating your "programs" instead of trying to silence critics?

Go ahead and attempt to 'charge' me, let's see how far that gets you :rolleyes:

Sounds like Peter wants a TTP Moderating job :)
Peter's going to be a busy boy,if everyone calls him before they tweet.
Are we paying a full time employee to sit all day and check tweets?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Peter's going to be a busy boy,if everyone calls him before they tweet.
Are we paying a full time employee to sit all day and check tweets?
Well, they probably need to justify the expense for the position at the next AGM... perfect way to do it :)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole idea that if you are not sure what to send out, send it to them first and they will OK it is fcuked.

The last time I checked, such practice was called censorship. By the definition a censorship is the suppression of words, images, or ideas that are "offensive". Now, that word "offensive" is so abused that some organizations (due to wrong interpretation what offensive really means) are becoming dictatorships. This goes so far that (in a society where you can be sued quickly for anything) it becomes a tool to threaten and prevent your opposition posting anything negative about you although those negative comments could be truth, truth, and nothing else but truth.

At the end, a smart individual realizes that he/she cannot compete against those organizations which have a team of lawyers behind them so that individual stops his/her actions (no matter how justified they were). Who wins? Bullies, of course!

I understand that this is a very simplified analysis of today's modern society but that is exactly how it is.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The technical reality is that this "policy" extends to all of us who happen to coach under the CSA system.

I mean, personally, they are going to have to tripple my salary before I even consider complying.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just got a very similar letter from Larsson saying "if you are unsure of your starting lineup, please feel free to send it to me for pre-game approval."

Weird

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How very harsh you all are to BC Soccer.

Really all they are saying is that you can criticize, voice your opinion, say it's fckd (oops, no sorry, can't use profanities) - basically keep calm and carry on.....just so long as you:
  • be objective, not personal - e.g. "it was agreed by general consensus that the referee misinterpreted a number of laws of the game and found it very difficult to ascertain the correct decision for a number of marginal calls due to his field positioning". As oppose to "that clown at the centre circle based his decisions on the number of yaps from his guide dog"
  • be responsible for your actions - posting on social media under your own account and login is your responsibility. You do realize that when you signed up for your preferred social media forum, feed etc. that there is no automatic posting option to post content for you and keep your stats high? Remember people - just coz the forum is called TTP, it can still be taken seriously by those of a higher intellect (although I agree, the hint is in the name)
  • use your common sense - I know this is a real stretch for some, but you are really lucky as there happens to be a handy central person that can coordinate appropriateness and content if you are unsure, so obviously that would be your best option.
  • respect your audience - I can see this has come from the Marketing person - that 101 for targeting your messages. So, before you post, look back at all the quality, in-depth analysis and profound messages for the people that are likely to read your posts before you hit the go button. Really, I believe the guy on Bergamascho's last video said it best, but you can find the same quality discussion on may of the forums
:rolleyes:...if only there was a bigger icon

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts