Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCOTS Over 40's North Division

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure how this thread will fly as most teams in our league may not be aware that this website exists. Currently BCOTS does not keep track of standings, allow slide tackling. and does not have any type of playoffs or cups to play for. In essence we are playing 18 exibition games. With that being said I have decided to start this thread to add some excitement to our division.

Week 1 Predictions

Tugs Classic vs. Rangers 1-3
Mountainside vs. Varteks (Croatia) 2-2
Vancouver Firefighters vs. N.S. Vikings 2-1
Burnaby S.C. vs, N.S. Chiefs 3-2
Pegasus Oldboys vs. Seymour F.C. 3-1

Pipes
Pegasus Oldboys

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Currently BCOTS does not keep track of standings, allow slide tackling. and does not have any type of playoffs or cups to play for.

:confused::confused: Do they allow you to have beer afterwards?

Sounds sort of like grade 5 P.E. :p:p

Do they at least give out participation ribbons at the end of the year? :wa::wa:

Sorry - the asshole in me is up early :D

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by pipes
Currently BCOTS does not keep track of standings, allow slide tackling. and does not have any type of playoffs or cups to play for

Is this a Fusbal league?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fusbal players keep score, meathead.

At least there's a place we can put you out to pasture in 4 years.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fusbol rocks! no injuries except hitting your drunk friend in the forehead with a wild shot deflection!

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough Freddy. The league has close to 50 teams in the over 40's division. We have played against a few very good teams. Not sure what the alternative is ?? I have heard rumblings of the vmsl trying to do something !!

It is a fairly competitive division that we are in. A good run and a tremendous amount of bevereages do follow.

Pipes

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough Freddy. The league has close to 50 teams in the over 40's division. We have played against a few very good teams. Not sure what the alternative is ?? I have heard rumblings of the vmsl trying to do something !!

It is a fairly competitive division that we are in. A good run and a tremendous amount of bevereages do follow.

Pipes

Hey Freddy,

In a roundabout way I was trying to indicate that we may be interested in other alternatives but I guess at this time the vmsl doesn't have anything in the makings. You guys may have to discuss it for a few more years. Nobody accused you of being to bright !!

Pipes

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobody accused you of being to bright !!

Pipes

Holy crap Pipes, are you Mr. Base's brother? :eek:

But, to your point, yes, we really need an O-40's premier league. I have been beating this drum for a while. We tried to get it this year, but instead of doing what a lot of teams wanted, they tried to do a CAT'd 0-35 to Premier while trying to get rid of the general CAT system. There weren't enough teams to pull this off, and it wasn't' what our club was looking for.

I still have hope that next year this can happen. I know there are a lot of very good players in the 40-55 range, because we have all been playing against each other since juvenile.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
because we have all been playing against each other since juvenile.

and some of us are still pretty juvenile.:D

Pipes:

Not sure if you have played against our alumni squad (Vancouver Regals) yet since this summer, or if they're even in the same division - there seems to be a bit of switching between the North and Central groups.

Have played with them sporadically, but just don't feel comfortable playing the game at the pace that they work at yet (yes, considering how slow I am that is a stretch:rolleyes:). The intensity level just isn't the same as what I'm used to.

Trece

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For starters Freddy I was just wanting to get a taste of "Taking the piss" with you as it has been a while since I have posted on here. It was silly of me to think that I could get a stir out of a veteran ttper.

In all seriousness I have had discussions with SirM on this and there may be some interest from our team. Our current league has served us well but as we have become more competitive with guys coming over from the over 35's the day may come to make a move to a league that would better suit our level of play and competitiveness.

Keep me posted.

PM me if you are interested in getting my contact info.

Pipes

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece

They were in our division I believe a few summer seasons ago. From what I recall they were a "middle of the road" team. Not very well skilled but worked hard. They appeared to be mostly over 50's. The division is varied with a few decent sides such as Cliff Avenue along with several less skilled teams and a few very weak teams. Definetly not competitive from the top to the bottom.

Maybe a few mid week friendlies would be in order to get a taste of the level of over 40's competitiveness.

Pipes

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0