Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC's Most Shocking Sports Story of 2004

Which BC sports story was the Biggest/Most Shocking of 2004

• Surrey Pegasus winning National Soccer Title

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vancouver Raven's Lacrosse Folds

• Sale of Vancouver Canucks

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With so many things happening this year in BC Sports which one do you think was the biggest or most shocking story of the year.
I have started a poll with a few choices.Let me know if you have any others i can add to the list.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sadly, the news of Dom's passing. Everything else pales save the Bert incident, yet that wasn't entirely surprising because we've witnessed his stupidity before.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd give a vote to WAB and his Sapperton team for getting the Christmas spirit and serving food to the elderly and needy over the Christmas holidays.

Did anyone catch the CBC Radio One Interview a few days before Christmas featuring none other than Bryan Wevers and his team captain, Paul Favoro? If this is not the most shocking story of 2004 I am not sure what is. Or was this the feel good story of 2004?

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
I'd give a vote to WAB and his Sapperton team for getting the Christmas spirit and serving food to the elderly and needy over the Christmas holidays.

Did anyone catch the CBC Radio One Interview a few days before Christmas featuring none other than Bryan Wevers and his team captain, Paul Favoro? If this is not the most shocking story of 2004 I am not sure what is. Or was this the feel good story of 2004?
didnt reccos "THE FRIGGEN FRIGER FRIG"qualify for this award ,after been fired from WaB & team snob-erton
:rolleyes:
sid

ps frigg all of you friggers!!!!!!!!!!11 :)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dom's passing sadly is the most shocking of '04... To me, it is crazy how someone so young, energenic and full of life can be swept away from us in the blink of an eye!!! Life is more precious than any match or sporting incident...

ps frigg all of you FRIGGERS!!!!!!!!11 :rolleyes:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dom's passing by far followed by the Bert thing. I hardly remember Bert's incident after that basketball thing.
Off topic: how does a guy get 25 games reduced to 15 when he clearly enters the crowd, only to top it off with an even worse attack of another guy on the floor. Bert gets life and this guy gets a "your bad, but b/c you are a nice guy we will only give you 15." "Please do not do it again!"
Bert got Fukced over by the media all over the world, then this shiiit happens in the NBA and gets half the attention....go figure!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The answer = racism... If Georges Laroque did the same thing he would of got 5 games and a shuuush, he's really a nice guy and didn't mean anything by it!!! :rolleyes: ;)

Seriously though, I agree with Stepchild on this thing... Why was the media not all over the NBA for this??? I didn't hear much about it, given I live in Vancouver and Hockey is the only game in town, but how does the rest of North America just let this fly under the radar??? I guess when the one who started the whole riot was on TV the next day asking people to buy his rap CD, it may have been hard to even focus on anything else???

Bert was stupid, however he got hung out to dry for his (on ice) actions... Imagine if he'd jumped into the stands???

OK, I'm sick of beating a dead horse, maybe I'm beat on sid a bit more??? ;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And why does it go unrecognized the Moore attempted to do the same damage to Naslund just a little while previous to this incident. Would he be asking the same of the league if Naslund were recovering from his injuries? I would hope so.

Dead horse dead.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

If you cant beat me on the pitch ! beat me off,or reccos off :rolleyes:

sid

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
And why does it go unrecognized the Moore attempted to do the same damage to Naslund just a little while previous to this incident.

I vote this as the most shocking sports comment of 2004.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the passing of dom sure was the worst thing that could of happened in 2004

as for reccos in drag thats a whole different BALL game :eek:

sid

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I knew that post was going to bite me in the ass, but i was too lazy to edit or delete it. I don't want to start a debate on this topic again as it has been dealt with already.
I'll just let it go and we can all discuss it next time we meet.

Dom's passing got my vote.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
I knew that post was going to bite me in the ass, but i was too lazy to edit or delete it.

I think I'm the one who got bitten in the ass with my response, Yoda. I don't think TA was referring to your post. Quite clever, actually.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0