Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Bars Todays Generation Never Heard Of

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wild Duck Inn......now if this place didnt reak of quality, then the fish dish straight from the Fraser River wasnt on special. From the great view, to the flooded parking lot, this place had everything from cheap booze to cheap women) hell most of the dancers must be in a retirement home now in Langley somewhere or collecting change somewhere in Pocompton. (border of Poco and Pitt Meadows)

Win or lose hit the booze at the Duck

Isnt that right @cascadesoccer

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You mean Mandatory Mondays and Tequila Tuesdays?

Pretty sure Sundays also had the .99 cent specials... so many great nights at the Door although the bouncers could be dickheads :mad:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I think you're right about Sundays. If you weren't there by 6:45 on those days for the 7pm opening you weren't getting in until after 9……and everyone was GUNNED! Good times.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where exactly was the side door located? Was it close to UBC? Being brown, I never crossed Granville And Broadway......Big Bamboo(Later Daddy hoes) and the Denny's next door was as far as I could get.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is probably true when I said that I spent more time in the average week at the Side Door than I did any of the UBC libraries. Drink specials every night of the week. Dance floor was tiny but it really allowed me to be noticed and make an arse of myself within minutes of being on the floor. "I didn't ask you to dance! I said you look fat in those pants" Typical line followed rejection at asking someone to dance. That's what Reedie told me anyway. After my lifetime ban from the Side Door(5th year UBC) I did in fact go to Lola's about 7 years ago. Of course, I was tough to notice with my new hair style...........Bouncers certainly were wankers for the most part but getting to know management allowed a little more flexibility in our behaviour....until the bomb threat after a Sunday night ejection.........from a phone booth at the Macs on Dunbar if I'm not mistaken. Good times good times.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Regs, Denny Andrews was always fun. Goose Loonies however was a bit of a shite show.

And, really, we can end this thread with the TTP Xmas party venue circa ~2001: Milk Bar :banhappy:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rookies...

Rohan's
the Breakers
Town Pump
The Savoy
Marble Arch
The Buddha
the Cave
the 5
the Niagara

All once upon a time with live music.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rendezvous at the Holiday Inn on Broadway between Oak and Cambie.

The Jolly Alderman at 12th and Cambie...I turned 19 in there, faint recollections of getting tackled as I was making a speech standing on one of those little square tables with the red terry tablecloth. My shorts (it was after a soccer practise) had been pulled down around my ankles and my ass landed on the waiter's (Wally, and old geezer who used to wear a butler suit and was always downing shooters behind the pillars where the bartender couldn't see) face.

Ahh,the follies...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0