Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big Sam the new Gaffer?

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
His resume is definitely below par for someone running a national team who I hope intends to be competing for the trophies. The FA stated in 2014 they were changing the way managers were hired and they were going to be looking for the team to "dominate possession" but I saw a stat of the last 5 Sam Allardyce teams and only one had a 50% possession rate average. I think the FA needs to look at their own people and make changes there before we can move forward.

One thing I'll give Allardyce is the passion and fire he brings to the game, maybe it'll ignite something with the players.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ridiculous appointment and if the English had any brief hope on progressing through knockout stages in major tournaments, this puts us back lightyears. This is not rescuing some below than average club from relegation FFS :mad::banghead:

How about a young, progressive manager that uses tactics that are not from 1970 and can relate to the players ??

Laughing stock once again ....

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I might be going against the grain but i'm okay with this appointment, i definitely take him above Steve Bruce and a German was never going to get the job.
Everything you hear from his former players is that he doesn't take shite from anyone, which is needed with all the ego's of football players these days, that he does relate to his players, will have a system to play and will pick players in the positions they play (unlike Hodgson)
He is the England manager now and has wanted the job for 10 years so it's time for everyone to get behind him and let's see how he does, it can't be any worse than the last 2 tournaments under Hodsgon or the World Cup in Africa.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm personally a bit surprised by it.
I thought they'd go in a different direction.

The argument for Hodgson over 'Arry was he had the Int'l pedigree, etc. over Redknapp, and 'Arry was just 'another FA manager'.
Like Big Sam.

I can't see how this will be any worse than what they've had in the past and my thoughts always were that 'Arry would have got the job done because he is known to get the best out of players and they all respected him.

Maybe Sam will be the answer based on that mentality, and then engage others around him on the staff who will help him on the more advanced 'technical' approaches to the game.

Good luck you fcuking Sassanachs. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts