Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bob Birarda done as Womens Whitecaps/ CSA Womens U-20 Gaffer

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can this club not do anything to help itself? Seriously, WTF? That's an easy button: NO! DO NOT HIRE!!!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some of the southsiders have put some pretty deep stuff on Twitter, calling for answers and cancelling of tickets. How about full demonstrations outside the stadium. No 10 minute walkouts but fully committing to not going to the game and protesting outside. No fans may get a message across. I understand people have paid for their tickets already but what’s more important? Why isn’t the local news covering more of this? This club is garbage, I’m shocked we haven’t heard anything from ownership, is this the type of club you really want to own? Makes me question a guy like a Steve Nash who has always seemed to be a stand up guy, now I don’t know.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It all starts at the top. Can you imagine the BC Lions having a similar situation and Wally not standing in answering any and all questions? Over and over again until he got to the bottom of it. Bobby is not equipped....period....but is somehow the face of the club. Who else after him can anyone identify with? Coaching staff doesn’t count. Who in ownership or management can anyone say: that guy is on it. We trust him. As a fan base.

Owner - think I heard Mallet on the radio once. Once
Owner - Nash...I heard he’s a big soccer fan....Spurs I think...yes, Spurs. And Valencia? Right. Them too.
Owner - Kerfoot. Crickets.
Management - doh...Bobby...shucks how’s my hair.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) still waiting for a credible, specific actionable allegation with respect to Birarda. all this remonstrating by the Southsiders is premature.

2) having said that, their response to the newest allegation takes some real chutzpah. They have to know that part of Coastal's defense for hiring BB is "we asked the Caps and didn't get anything out of them". Now with this guy, they're on the other end of it and take the same position?

this reminds me of the old joke about the two judges who get caught driving drunk, and agree to hear each others' cases. first judge gets up, pleads guilty, gets a $10 fine. judges switch places, and the other guy pleads guilty.

first judge says, "this is the second case of drunk driving in my court already this morning! this crime is out of control in this community! 30 days in jail for you"...

3) they spend who knows how much money on their satellite "academies" in the hopes that they'll stumble upon the next Alfonso Davies. they bus them into their college showcase tournament where they routinely get their asses handed to them by BCSPL and other competition. it's amusing that one of those coaches is causing them grief, because the cost/benefit of those academies has to be marginal at the best of times...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@mtkb I was under the impression that players at the regional academies actually paid to be there, and if anything they were money makers. My understanding was that it's only once a player is in the main academy (formerly called residency) that everything is taken care of for them

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lads.... let’s be real... the WC and Lenarduzzi have made millions by bloating other delusional uninformed parents egos by telling them their kid is special and a “prospect”... it’s sickening how many lemurs throw themselves and their money off the cliffs of ‘Duzzi...

Or maybe walruses, like OUR PLANET.... How Many good players have been left or pushed onto the rocks.... a metric shite ton

I’d love to see a stat on $ collected since Pro Wave and minutes in first team.... I’d guarantee it would be the worst return in Giannis FIFADOM....by a Langley mile.

Stumbling on Alphonso and his transfer fee was a fluke...I think it’s awesome that community clubs can now claim a percentage of any transfer fees considering the Caps do squat at the grassroots level to support the Clubs.... you’re gonna witness some very clenched Scottish fists when transferring what they see as their money.

Don’t get me started on the millions made in summer camps to mine for talent and the absolute rubbish prospects are told of the WC/CSA pathway.... for just a mere $120 a month... your dreams can be yours....they are essentially talent mortgage lenders ... without the moral capital to back their shite up.

$3500 for BCSPL, $2000 to play metro... except in Richmond where the Board voted to undercut the BCSPL by giving metro parents a $750 per player rebate.

Academies in PG, Nelson, kelowna, terrace, sask, ont.... it’s a license to print $$$$$$

Let’s hope a few of dem fat ass walruses cause a stampede and tusk the right mofos

Kuku ka chew on dat!!!

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
White KKKAPS.... sorry got a stutter ;)

On the plus side David Duke said no the new position of fundraiser and membership activator .... he made it to a third interview... they thought he musta been royalty with a name like that .... lol

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) still waiting for a credible, specific actionable allegation with respect to Birarda. all this remonstrating by the Southsiders is premature.

2) having said that, their response to the newest allegation takes some real chutzpah. They have to know that part of Coastal's defense for hiring BB is "we asked the Caps and didn't get anything out of them". Now with this guy, they're on the other end of it and take the same position?

this reminds me of the old joke about the two judges who get caught driving drunk, and agree to hear each others' cases. first judge gets up, pleads guilty, gets a $10 fine. judges switch places, and the other guy pleads guilty.

first judge says, "this is the second case of drunk driving in my court already this morning! this crime is out of control in this community! 30 days in jail for you"...

With all due respect, this is the problem with lawyers...

"1) still waiting for a credible, specific actionable allegation with respect to Birarda. all this remonstrating by the Southsiders is premature."

And what is sad is you actually smell your own shite, and like it. Actionable? What does that really mean? Gotta love Lawyer Speak. You have more than enough accounts from players right now to know something wasn't right with this guy, and that at the very least, it should have been handled way better, that the CSA should have taken more action to ensure he doesn't coach again, and this would have been to involve BCSA to ensure his licence is revoked. The accounts coming out of the closet are enough, sorry. The problem with the over litigated world we live in now is that anyone can say "he said she said" and hide behind that because they may have been smart enough to make sure nobody could witness his acts. Girls that are coming out of the woodwork- girls that were under 20 at the time- making some pretty serious allegations. The law may have to say, "Show me the evidence to prove this man was in the wrong". Fcuk that. There is more than enough smoke here, and seriously, pick a side.

What else do you really need?

Around this time last year I was just returning from an epic trip in South America for some riding. This is a photo from LaPaz, right in the heart of the city. Most neighborhoods have one of these hanging men displayed, and it basically means that the neighborhood has chosen to supersede local laws, and take responsibility for crime. If you are apprehended, you stand in front of the neighborhood tribunal, face a full investigation, and if found guilty, you are then given a punishment of some sort. Extreme? Yeah. But guess what, you think twice in doing anything shady. I wonder how good old Coach Billy would have been handled in one of these neighborhoods?hanging man.jpg

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can say, with these accusations, allegations, whatever, with my two girls involved in soccer, even if the law can’t prosecute, I sure as hell wouldn’t want my kids club to hire him as a coach. Why even take the chance?
I’m betting the parents of the girls who have spoken up probably aren’t wanting a more actionable offence before getting him out of soccer in any form.
The mere thought of him having thoughts is enough for me

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you think a single parent or player were aware that playing for the whitecaps or Canada soccer meant that they were no longer the responsibility or under the protection of bc soccer... when in fact they All had the safety net of their provincial associations as members in good standing prior to selection.

For there to be no avenue of protection or recourse suggests that safety and policy is just buzzwords for the sycophants... the unaccountable.

Abuse 10 - risk management NIL

For bc soccer to say they didn’t know... his name was on provincial cup competition forms since 2012....

Zero ethical leadership in this province... just a bunch of volunteers shrugging their shoulders... pointing fingers at all the other ignoramuses

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That’s where I stand Yoda. How can you take that chance. That’s my feeling on Coastal too, they knew of the smoke around him and chose to say feck national level coach on the website, we will take that chance. Kids safety, fun and development “as people” is the number one objective here. We all like to talk about the high end stream and improving the top level. For me if my kid finds something he still loves to play at and is still playing at 35 like me, it’s been a success.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
@mtkb I was under the impression that players at the regional academies actually paid to be there, and if anything they were money makers. My understanding was that it's only once a player is in the main academy (formerly called residency) that everything is taken care of for them

mine as well, but I've been out of the mix for a while now...

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That’s where I stand Yoda. How can you take that chance. That’s my feeling on Coastal too, they knew of the smoke around him and chose to say feck national level coach on the website, we will take that chance. Kids safety, fun and development “as people” is the number one objective here. We all like to talk about the high end stream and improving the top level. For me if my kid finds something he still loves to play at and is still playing at 35 like me, it’s been a success.

that's not fair to Coastal. I was on the BCSPL board at the time. that's not what happened.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all due respect, this is the problem with lawyers...

"1) still waiting for a credible, specific actionable allegation with respect to Birarda. all this remonstrating by the Southsiders is premature."

And what is sad is you actually smell your own shite, and like it. Actionable? What does that really mean? Gotta love Lawyer Speak. You have more than enough accounts from players right now to know something wasn't right with this guy, and that at the very least, it should have been handled way better, that the CSA should have taken more action to ensure he doesn't coach again, and this would have been to involve BCSA to ensure his licence is revoked. The accounts coming out of the closet are enough, sorry. The problem with the over litigated world we live in now is that anyone can say "he said she said" and hide behind that because they may have been smart enough to make sure nobody could witness his acts. Girls that are coming out of the woodwork- girls that were under 20 at the time- making some pretty serious allegations. The law may have to say, "Show me the evidence to prove this man was in the wrong". Fcuk that. There is more than enough smoke here, and seriously, pick a side.

What else do you really need?

Around this time last year I was just returning from an epic trip in South America for some riding. This is a photo from LaPaz, right in the heart of the city. Most neighborhoods have one of these hanging men displayed, and it basically means that the neighborhood has chosen to supersede local laws, and take responsibility for crime. If you are apprehended, you stand in front of the neighborhood tribunal, face a full investigation, and if found guilty, you are then given a punishment of some sort. Extreme? Yeah. But guess what, you think twice in doing anything shady. I wonder how good old Coach Billy would have been handled in one of these neighborhoods?View attachment 24865

WIth respect, you're completely out to lunch on this.

The fact that there are 100 anonymous, stale-dated, vague allegations does not make any one of those allegations more credible. That's not how evidence, due process, or natural justice work. Save me the "well maybe in a court of law" bullcrap - BB, however creepy / inappropriate he may or may not be, is entitled to be treated fairly. In any arena. Period.

There have been calls for police investigations for God's sake. Over what? I'd keep him the hell away from coaching females of any age, I'm certainly with you on that. But a criminal investigation? Ruining the man's name so he can never coach - something he's apparently very good at - ever again in this province? There'd better be some damn good evidence for that, and I would suggest that the crickets you hear chirping out of our policing agencies is telling.

I've never met BB. I was boys side only when I coached. I know nothing of his dismissal from the Whitecaps, or any arrangements there may or may not have been in terms of a NDA. What I do know is that girls coming out of the woodwork to make specific allegations of criminal wrongdoing from years past is actionable. Girls coming out of the woodwork to give anonymous, general accounts of creepy behaviour from years past is a lot less interesting.

Look, the Caps may have taken his side over Ciara and the girls that went to Bobaduzzi. We don't have both sides of that story (because the Caps aren't talking), but let's assume that's what happened. They fired the guy. You think they did that for shits and giggles? If I had to guess, they canned him over some of this shite, which he didn't particularly like or think was fair on the basis of whatever the allegations were or weren't at the time, but was convinced to take his ball and go home on the promise of at least one inducement - an NDA binding the Caps.

So, again, I ask you, what specifically has come to light recently that you would like the Caps or anyone to do something specific about?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts