Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bob Birarda done as Womens Whitecaps/ CSA Womens U-20 Gaffer

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I want some accountability on the parts of WFC and CSA, and I’m out to lunch?

There is no point. You’ve lost the plot.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There have been calls for police investigations for God's sake. Over what? I'd keep him the hell away from coaching females of any age, I'm certainly with you on that. But a criminal investigation? Ruining the man's name so he can never coach - something he's apparently very good at - ever again in this province? There'd better be some damn good evidence for that, and I would suggest that the crickets you hear chirping out of our policing agencies is telling.

That's what you are worried about?

Are you for fcuking real, you are worried about "ruining a man's name"? His name should be and now is mud, FFS, he was creeping on girls in their teens! And yes, it seems to me it is "his word against theirs" at this point, but there are a lot of girls starting to come out to turn up the heat. If someone coming forward to give their account is not considered meaningful evidence in our society, well...let's just say Criminal Lawyers 1, everyone else, 0.

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently we are going to hear what the WC have been doing behind the scenes to assure the public they are trust worthy ....

my raveen prediction is it’s all gonna be more whitetrash....sans trailer

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what you are worried about?

Are you for fcuking real, you are worried about "ruining a man's name"? His name should be and now is mud, FFS, he was creeping on girls in their teens! And yes, it seems to me it is "his word against theirs" at this point, but there are a lot of girls starting to come out to turn up the heat. If someone coming forward to give their account is not considered meaningful evidence in our society, well...let's just say Criminal Lawyers 1, everyone else, 0.

what's "their account"? Is what Christine Blasey-Ford tried to pass off as a reliable account of a 37 year old non-event good enough? If not, where is the magical line where one allegation is rubbish but another is meaningful? Please, enlighten me, because hundreds of year of the common law hasn't been able to...

you'd be singing a very different tune if you were in the crosshairs, my friend...

Spankmemanky

Apr 18, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crosshairs??

Just mention inaction or breach of policy & personnel to BCSA/CSA and you’re hooped.

only In Canada does a coach who whistleblows assaults of children get a longer suspension than the coach who strangled kids in order to teach defending... can’t score if you can’t breathe!!!

Bringing the game into disrepute and conduct unbecoming a member.... pretty fcuking vague!!!

Not allowed access to investigation of compaint
Not allowed at hearing
Not allowed to know who is on discipline committee

Transparent??? Yaaaaaaaa nooooooo

ANYONE KNOW A GOOD LAWYER??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what's "their account"? Is what Christine Blasey-Ford tried to pass off as a reliable account of a 37 year old non-event good enough? If not, where is the magical line where one allegation is rubbish but another is meaningful? Please, enlighten me, because hundreds of year of the common law hasn't been able to...

you'd be singing a very different tune if you were in the crosshairs, my friend...

I wouldn't even think of putting myself in those cross-hairs, so no, I wouldn't be.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't even think of putting myself in those cross-hairs, so no, I wouldn't be.

anyone that coaches on the girls or womens side has the potential to be put in those crosshair through no fault of their own.

to be clear, i'm not remotely suggesting BB is, in fact, faultless here.

however, the principles have to be applied equally to a BB and to a Dude, because if there were a dozen or so ex-female players of yours screaming that you had acted creepily, it would be very difficult to differentiate between that situation and the one BB currently finds him in...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, so if at the time some of those women took their issues to the club by the process made available to them, and the Ombudsman's duty was only to really report to and represent the Caps, then signed a confidentiality agreement, how does that provide a means of justice for these girls?

It seems to me and to pretty much anyone that these girls felt their claims weren't taken seriously. At the best this seems to be a very deliberate abuse of power, at worse it appears that he at least attempted to overstep his boundaries in a sexual way, and we don't know if he actually did. Again, teenaged girls. I have one, maybe you do, too. Try getting your girls to talk to you when they come home after something negative has happened. I know mine clams up, and internalizes it. Thank God nothing truly bad or creepy has happened that she hasn't been able to handle. It seems to me a lot of people are still wanting to provide this guy some sort of due process, well, maybe the Caps should have dealt with this properly in the beginning and made every effort to ensure this guy never coached underage kids, especially girls, again. I really don't fcuking care how good a coach he is...if he shouldn't be coaching because of some of his actions, well, do what thousands of people have done around the world, and that is retrain yourself for another job. Not impossible.

I see where you are coming from, but we obviously disagree on the current state of matters, so I'm not sure we're going to get anywhere.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Both my parents are lawyers as well as countless uncles and cousins so I know exactly where you are coming from.
Having said that, if it was my daughter I'd go frontier justice on his ass.....

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both my parents are lawyers as well as countless uncles and cousins so I know exactly where you are coming from.
Having said that, if it was my daughter I'd go frontier justice on his ass.....

I get that sentiment... with all the allegations bubbling to the surface, it's sort of a wonder this hasn't already happened...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crucify him in the court of public opinion, fair play.

Laws of evidence are another beast. If you're the Crown though, really looking for 12 of @Dude on the jury...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just received an email from the Whitecaps.

To our community,

As we reflect on what happened in 2008 and the blogs that have been published over the last several weeks, we express sincere regret and empathy for the harm that has clearly come to many women who participated in our program at that time. The pain and suffering these women feel is real and something we care deeply about. And while we sought and acted on the advice of the best available counsel at the time, it is clear that people were deeply affected. For that we are sorry.

There’s absolutely no place for any form of harassment or bullying in our club or in society as a whole. That is why, eleven years ago the Whitecaps launched an independent investigation on the same day a serious allegation of misconduct was made against the coach of the Women’s team.

We respect the bravery it took to come forward and entrust us with a complaint of this nature and knew it demanded immediate response. Following a thorough investigation, we terminated our relationship with the coach and adopted an extensive respectful workplace policy.

Upon recently reading in an online blog that there may be new allegations related to 2008, we immediately reported them to the Vancouver Police Department.

It was important that we acted in a timely fashion then. But there is still more work to be done today.

As we stated on April 17 the club will conduct a thorough and independent review of our operations to ensure that we foster and enforce a culture of zero tolerance for any form of harassment or bullying. In addition to reviewing our current respectful workplace policies and procedures, we will also be reviewing the actions we took 11 years ago to determine what we can learn from them going forward. We have already begun interviewing candidates for this very important work. The results of this effort will be shared publicly.

Additionally, we are committed to working closely with our governing bodies and sport partners as, together, we pursue a more active leadership role in safe sport initiatives. Every sport should be safe, and we want to help lead the way.

Society as a whole is making considerable progress on these issues because victims have spoken out and demanded change. We believe in the power of female athletes to change society for the better and we strive to be leaders in changing the culture of sport for women in Canada.

By advocating for those who have been hurt, we can all help clear the way for safer sport for all women and foster an environment free of discrimination and harassment in which girls and women can thrive. This is and must be our highest priority not only for girls and women but for all athletes.

Sincerely,
21c36ced-ade8-4454-92ee-e668c2a27d1c.png

Doesn't mention the laddies coach after Bob Birarda that had a female player fly down to LA for a game that wasn't happening and having to share a room with the coach....or the boy who was sexually assaulted under their watch and that apparently the mother felt the caps were trying to not get the police involved.... or the coach they have since hired that is accused of racially bullying kids.

I guess more letters are coming.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what do the Whitecaps have to do to appease the masses? Seems like nothing they can do at this point will stop the hate.

Twitter is full of folks calling for everyone’s heads. And these are with allegations.
Could you imagine if something illegal actually got proven in the courts?
This city would burn them to the ground.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For me, the young women went to Bobby w their concerns and asked him for his confidnce. He goes straight to Birarda. If this is to be believed then it’s a very good window into the ‘leadership’ he provided and it is no surprise to me that we’re here today.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what do the Whitecaps have to do to appease the masses? Seems like nothing they can do at this point will stop the hate.

Twitter is full of folks calling for everyone’s heads. And these are with allegations.
Could you imagine if something illegal actually got proven in the courts?
This city would burn them to the ground.

I think the people in the masses that are calling for heads are doing so because of an accumulation of things. If you took this as an isolated issue you could say they messed up terribly, find out what went wrong and fix the problem so it doesn't happen again. Unfortunately this is one thing among many for this same group of leaders so you can't just look at it independently. Since Birarda they have had the assault on the boy and their handling of that situation, another coach putting a female athlete in the uncomfortable situation of spending a night in a hotel with him, and the latest case of hiring a coach who had abuse issues of his own to run one of their youth programs. Add to the fact that we are living in a time where where these issues of abuse of power are coming front and center from the US gym doctor, Canadian ski coaches to Graham James to name a few and people are rightfully looking at how these people can get away with these things. Birarda by all accounts so far never went to those levels of abuse but people rightfully are saying he crossed the line and should not have been allowed to coach young athletes and the organisation should have protected their young athletes better.

But lets be serious this group should be fired for footballing reasons alone.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts