Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bob Rosenlund

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just received a sad text that Bobby passed away today at 11:30AM.

I knew he had a condition for some time now but had no idea it had got to this stage.

For those of us that had the pleasure of playing against or with Bobby, I'm sure you can agree with me that he was a very special player.
He was a beast to play against in the glory days of Firemen and I really enjoyed playing with him on the older Scotland ethnic teams at the Nations Cup.
His skill level, fitness, and 'bite' made him a complete package as a midfield general and a force to be reckoned with always out there.
You may have sometimes hated playing against him but he was the first person to shake your hand and offer you a beer and have a chat after a game.
Class.

Bobby had established himself as a top tier youth coach as well later on in life and was able to guide and inspire many young gifted players with his love and knowledge of the game.

My sincere condolences go out to the whole extended Rosenlund family.
I am so sorry to hear about a talent taken from us far too soon.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh man, too soon... way too soon :(

I knew Bobby had been battling cancer but like you, didn't know how it had progressed.

I recall many battles vs Bobby in the middle of the park - you always knew you were in for a not-so-easy afternoon... highly skilled and like you say, a "bite" that struck a bit of fear into you whether it was vs Firemen or Scotland in the Nations Cup.

Condolences to the family and all those who were close to Bobby - he made a positive impression on all those who met him.

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad news! It sure hits home when it's someone your own age. First played against him when I was about 15 in a provincial cup game at Clinton Park. He played with Grandview Legion (along with Colin Miller). We lost that day and Bobby went on to become Sun Soccer Boy at the finals. Great player in men's soccer with the Firemen as well!!
RIP
Craig Brown

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow .... absolutely gutting news. Played with him for a couple of years at Firemen O35's and he was absolute class. One of the best 'team guys' I've ever come across - always last in the changeroom ;) Fcuk me, he was difficult to play against in training - phenomenal on the ball and not afraid to get stuck into you.

I knew he'd been battling Cancer for some time now and had hoped that he had two footed it for good. Sad day ....

Thoughts & prayers go out to the Rosenlund's.

Rest in Peace Bobby,

Walks

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ROSENLUND, Bob

March 19, 1964 – April 7, 2017

The Rosenlund Family is deeply saddened by the passing of their husband, father, son, brother and uncle after a courageous battle with cancer. Bob was a proud member of the VFRS for 22 years, ending his career as a Captain. He was an accomplished soccer player, playing at the National level as a young man, was drafted by the New York Cosmos in 1982 and continued to play at a high level locally well into his 40s. He was also a dedicated coach in the youth ranks. His love of the beautiful game will live on in his sons. Bob is survived by his wife Lori of 31 years; sons Tyler, Matt and Cole; parents Dan and Margaret; brothers Dan, Doug (Kelly), Bill (Cathy), Dave (Katherine), sister Allison; and many nephews and nieces. Memorial Service will be held on April 20, 2017 at the First Baptist Church, 969 Burrard St at 10 a.m. Reception to follow at the Firefighters Club, 6515 Bonsor Ave, Burnaby. Bob's memorial page can be viewed at https:/ /memorialpost.com/memorials/bob- rosenlund-435845. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Firefighter's Burn Fund or the BC Cancer Foundation would be appreciated. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/va...-rosenlund&pid=185099320#sthash.z7oAL4xY.dpuf

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0