Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Bookie] 2006 WC Bronze Medal Game - Germany vs Portugal [R]

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Bookie] 2006 WC Bronze Medal Game - Germany vs Portugal

Two starting defenders gone, and their captain missing. I don't see the home field advantage adding enough in this one.

Then again, if I lose my bet The Franchise will disappear again for a few days. It's a win-win situation. :D

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Bookie] 2006 WC Bronze Medal Game - Germany vs Portugal

I liked Tony Waiters' idea today in The Sun. Have the winner of the game for third place get an automatic birth in the next World Cup with the two finalists in the championship game already through to the next WC.

Then you wouldn't hear any talk of this game being meaningless and no one cares. It would give both teams an incentive to play for the win and not some sort of phoney prestige as exists now as it is not a difference in the money as I recall.

It would make it more like a pro golf tourament where the guys back of the winner still want to get up a spot to get the better rewards and what better than a berth to the next WC?

Waiters article states that he gave this idea to FIFA some years back and they replied that they had no problem selling the game for third out so why would they do that.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmm, Germany is actually playing better than I thought they would. Lahm is in -- surpisingly (and thankfully) -- despite some news reports saying he was going to miss it because of his elbow.

Did anyone else notice how Ronaldo is now looking at the ref for the foul while in mid-air? Crazy! Granted he is doing a bit less of the acting today (so far), while Kehl performed in a horrible dive at the other end of the field. Embarrassing and pathetic!

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love getting paid to watch soccer.

Nice game from Germany, I still hate Portugal.

Really is a mean nothing game, I like the idea of 3rd automatically going to the next world cup.

Holland finished 4th in 1998 and didn't quallify in 2002. You can bet that if 3rd meant something they would have played Croatia a little different in the 3rd place game.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
great game for germany, portugal did some nice work however they still suck and i hate them.....plus ronaldo cabillion gazillion times more, that ****er needs to dissapear

on the side note, great for kahn to start and get the win, great way to go out as one of germany's best player of all time. It really sadens me to see a keeper that I looked up to as a kid to leave the game of international soccer, he still has some years left in him which he showed today. Great game and congrats to germans for their well deserved win

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought for a "consolation" game, if you like, that both teams seemed to want it and competed (not for example like the same Holland/Croatia fixture in 98 where the orange seemed to not care very much after their tough semi final loss...cant comment on the equivalent in 2002 as I was in marriage counselling at the time...that didnt work... with Mrs Sir M and missed it). I thought that it may be a bit of a dud with Figo and Ballack out, but all in all a good game, 3 very good goals by the Germans, even the OG was the result of a very good ball. The Portugese goal was well taken, but when it came down to it, they did not succeed because their striker(s) were not at the same level as those of the other contenders.

PS Kahn is/was a great player but there would be some debate about whether or not he is the best German player ever...to start, that guy in the baby blue tie, glasses, silver hair and dark suit (no not Sven) in the stands wasn't bad.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give me a break with Beckenbauer. He wasn't even the best Sweeper for Germany. I think Mattheus was a better player and probably Germany's best of all time. Plus I lost respect for Beckenbauer after hearing what he did to Rehagel (canned him after he led Bayern to the Champs League final and proceeded to win the game as coach).

As for the game shitty goalkeeping by Ricardo on the first but the rest of the goals were well taken. Let's see if Germany can break the streak of the European team that wins 3rd place in a World Cup doesn't make it to the next Euro Cup.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that was an enjoyable game including the performance by Schweinsteiger and his goals! Enjoyable game and the German bench looked really into it as they celebrated the goals.

Ronaldo diving and looking at the ref on the way down is priceless. Oh, do I mention classless too?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ronaldo intends to leave Man Utd

Ronaldo has been at Old Trafford for three years
Manchester United's Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo says he wants to leave Old Trafford.
The 21-year-old has been criticised in England for his role in the sending off of team-mate Wayne Rooney when Portugal beat England in the World Cup.

"I think I should get out of Manchester as the circumstances are not right to keep playing there," said Ronaldo.

"Nobody stood up for me, although I did not do anybody any harm. In two or three days I'll decide where to go."

Ronaldo, who has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid, added: "I always said I wanted to play in Spain."

Ronaldo has three years left on his United contract and boss Sir Alex Ferguson said last week he expected the player to report for pre-season training.

He said: "There isn't a problem with the boy and I don't expect any problems.

"When people have been involved in a bid to become president at Madrid they have used clubs like ours."

New Real manager Fabio Capello said it was good news that Ronaldo was considering a move to The Bernabeu.

"He is a Manchester United player but everyone wants to come to play here and I think he really wants to and this is good news for me," said Capello.

"We will have to wait and see but at the moment I cannot say anything."

Big fcuking cheating poof said:
"I think I should get out of Manchester as the circumstances are not right to keep playing there," said Ronaldo.

"Nobody stood up for me, although I did not do anybody any harm. In two or three days I'll decide where to go."
Geez you think you should leave? I bet they boo you in Spain too.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0