Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Bookie] WC Group F - (Game 3) Croatia vs Australia [R]

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Bookie] WC Group F - (Game 3) Croatia vs Australia

20000 za Hrvatsku!!!

Win or Go Home!!! Come on Boys!!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Expecting a big game from Kewell. And Cahill too. C'mon the 'Roos!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

All the 'Roos need is a draw. And I'll bet 10,000 that they'll get it.

Anton Rogan

Mar 31, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something tells me the Croats will score some goals today. I'll bet on them if I have any tokens to bet with.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. If current results hold, I may lose some of my fortune. My plans for world domination may have to wait.

Oh well. At least Keeper will be happy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Roos deserve that, too. Hope they send the stinky Croats packing.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm covered w/ Brazil. Whats $50K when you have another $120K comming back? ;) Just a matter of formalities now.

Do I get some sort of part with baloons?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude
Premium Member
A Better Bastard

Bank: 1,007,775.85
Total Points: 1,007,776.85
Donate
The fact that "Donate" is still an option for you disgusts me. ;)

Bastage.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't imagine there are too many sober people in Oz today. Well done, Socceroos! And Harry with the crucial goal even. That's five for Liverpool players. I think Arsenal and Chelsea have four or five from their players also. The race is on!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB must be drowning his sorrows hard right now.:(

I'm just waiting to hear complaints about the refereeing and the offside goal, etc....:D

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm here. All is good.

Comments on the game. It was a sad showing. Need a lil bit of luck, but just couldn't get it.

A win against Brazil should have happened. A win against Japan should have happend. and Today should have been a win. But what can you do. I'm not blaming the reffing. I didn't even realize it was offside, until i saw hilites. I was so pissed off the way our boys were playing, that the offside goal didn't bother me. We were lucky that the ref didn't call a 2nd handball on the same guy who cost us the first handball PK.

We played Italian soccer, we did this at euro 2004 as well. Get a lead and sit back. I think Croatia controlled 3 min of the first half. and that was the first 3 min. Then it was all australia. We were lucky they played the brutal goalie, otherwise it could have been a better result for the Aussies.

One good note, was seeing our goalie, Stipe Pletikosa, make some good saves, and play strong. He wasn't at fault for any of the goals. Atleast there was some good news from the torunament.

The coach made some bad decisions. Just look forward to the next qualifiers. Euro 2008 is not to far away!!! :rolleyes:

Congrats to the Aussies. Well earned 2nd round birth.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 Australia 2

GRAHAM POLL could have cost Australia a place in the World Cup last 16 with a staggering blunder.

The Tring referee showed Croatian defender Josip Simunic THREE yellow cards before finally handing him a red.

Simunic played on after a second booking for an 89th-minute foul.

Oz striker Mark Viduka said: “I thought the ref had already booked him and I told him so. Poll said it was his first card but I was sure it was his second.

“I said ‘How many is that?’ and he said one.”

It was not until the third minute of injury time that Poll booked Simunic for the third time and finally dismissed him — four minutes late.

Poll also sent off Croatia’s Dario Simic and Aussie Brett Emerton in a bad-tempered clash.

Simunic was booked first in the 61st minute for a bodycheck on Harry Kewell.

Then in the 89th minute he scythed down Viduka.

Simunic trudged off but, after looking back, realised Poll had not shown him a red card.

Croatia almost scored twice in stoppage time. If the Aussies HAD gone out, FIFA may have been left in the embarrassing position of having to order the game to be played again — which would have thrown the tournament into chaos.

As time ran out Poll blew the final whistle and Simunic confronted him angrily.

The Thing from Tring brandished a yellow card to the Croat for the third time — and this time he waved the red.

AT LAST ... Simunic finally gets his marching orders

Poll made other errors. He was shoved by Darijo Srna when he red-carded Simic in the 85th minute but took no action.

The official also waved away penalty appeals when Simunic wrestled Viduka to the ground inside the box.

And Poll missed a SECOND blatant handball by Stjepan Tomas, after earlier awarding a penalty against the Croat star.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts