Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bradner open 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey all,

First of all, big shout out to fvsl for assuming we would lose our semi-final against west coast United (div. 2) and thus have us play our bradner cup open final Friday night when the div.4 and masters bradner will be playing for McDonald's coupons on Sunday.
Anyway we lost 2-0 to coastal. 1-0 until final 15 min and we hit a post and they score a goal in the last 5 min when we were pushing. They came at us hard in the first 25 min and had a few shots. Their goal before the half was all class, beauty shot. Seriously though 8 call ups for them. Guys did not know each other's names and were bitching at each other hard especially in the second half when we had more of the posssesion. Seriously, right after the game half their team leaves. I asked a few of them as they were walking away "you guys know you won a cup right?" Hilarious!
Our team all stayed and drank beer because that's why we play.......we almost made a game of it despite their sandbag efforts (really though, fcuk off clowns).
Fvsl kiss my ass, but thanks for all you do. Why was Andy the linesman for this game? Resting up for Sunday ? Fcuk!

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 call-ups? They are Div 1, which is top tier of this cup. So if they called-up 8 wouldn't that weaken them as the call-ups would presumably be from div 2-4?

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 call-ups? They are Div 1, which is top tier of this cup. So if they called-up 8 wouldn't that weaken them as the call-ups would presumably be from div 2-4?

Bro, I know some good div. 2-4 players. Their div. 3 call up who scored their cracker goal used to be on the div. 1 and prem golden boot list a few years ago

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bro, I know some good div. 2-4 players. Their div. 3 call up who scored their cracker goal used to be on the div. 1 and prem golden boot list a few years ago

I know. Talented players play in lower divs for a variety of reasons. But, presumably the guys on the div 1 roster would also be very very good div 2-4 players already, thus calling-up lower div players is not typically going to be a big improvement, if any. Point is the loss probably wasn't because of call-ups (if it gave them a handful more subs than the other guys that could make a difference though)

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know. Talented players play in lower divs for a variety of reasons. But, presumably the guys on the div 1 roster would also be very very good div 2-4 players already, thus calling-up lower div players is not typically going to be a big improvement, if any. Point is the loss probably wasn't because of call-ups (if it gave them a handful more subs than the other guys that could make a difference though)
Well, I would say the loss was because of callups based on the fact their callups scored both goals.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I would say the loss was because of callups based on the fact their callups scored both goals.
It doesn't matter about the call-ups. If we were short, we would call up players as well. However, after the game not one cheer amongst themselves and into their cars 1 minute after was a bit bizarre.

Gunners10

Feb 16, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
A call up scored dynamos goal to beat us and they had plenty of subs on th bench, meanwhile we played with 11 and were missing 3 players on the div 2 golden boot list. Not sure what the problem is with call ups...

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A call up scored dynamos goal to beat us and they had plenty of subs on th bench, meanwhile we played with 11 and were missing 3 players on the div 2 golden boot list. Not sure what the problem is with call ups...
No problem with call-ups. Your right our (((1)))) call-up against you guys scored the only goal but we were missing our (golden boot striker) therefor we called up a striker.
But it seemed like coastal's 8 call-ups played the majority of the game, hence the guys asking each others names on the field and their vanishing act after the game ended.
Anyway congrats coastal :dude:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At first I had to check to see if I got caught in a Hot Tub Time Machine, as I thought the Bradner Cup was dead, as a competition. Apparently not.

Seems a bit odd to complain about call-ups. If the competition allows call-ups, then call up your best available, eligible players. That's not a FVSL issue, that's a club issue, if you guys either don't use them, or choose not to. But...as I read further, you did have one, and one who had an impact on the match, so...?

The opening statement seems a bit odd, too..."First of all, big shout out to fvsl for assuming we would lose our semi-final against west coast United (div. 2) and thus have us play our bradner cup open final Friday night when the div.4 and masters bradner will be playing for McDonald's coupons on Sunday."

Tell the truth, R-Tee, was the opening post in any way fuelled by Pilsner?

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

First, what posts have not been fuelled by Pilsner?

1 callup vs. 8 callups I would say is definitely using the club system to full advantage.
Props to them for doing everything possible to win a cup that half their team didn't know they'd won.

And yes fvsl assumed we would lose our semi-final and thus we were excluded from cup finals day. I was looking forward to showing everyone how well I could toss a water bottle!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, fair enough on fuelled posts. I may have done that once or twice. :D

Second, I still don't understand the FVSL implication, I guess I don't see exactly how the dominos fall on that, on what you losing has to do w/ the non-inclusion on Sunday. I think Cup finals day is already 4 competitions long (U-21, Presidents, Masters, Pak). The Bradner Cup isn't in it, neither is that other one, the Soccer X-Press Cup, or whatever they were calling it.

I'm showing my cluelessness on league issues now, as I'm truly disconnected. Anyhow...

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to @Reds-16 on bringing the title back home, I'm sure it means a lot to those boys.

Thanks Cascade, yes it was a huge win for us...over 100 fans ( family and Bradner locals ) made the long trek out. We had plenty of alumni there. May have celebrated a little too hard after but have to thank the FVSL for the hospitality. All in all a great day for us and hats off to the Sentinel for a great game as well, they are a class team and will do well next year in Div 3.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS... how many games do you think can be rammed into a single event? If you think the league singled out you you're off your nut. Masters Bradner was played at another park too, did you know that? Sorry the opportunity to have Bradner Red Shirts play for their own cup for the first time since 1974 was well worth the 9:30am addition.

I'm pretty sure they won the beer garden as well.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS... how many games do you think can be rammed into a single event? If you think the league singled out you you're off your nut. Masters Bradner was played at another park too, did you know that? Sorry the opportunity to have Bradner Red Shirts play for their own cup for the first time since 1974 was well worth the 9:30am addition.

I'm pretty sure they won the beer garden as well.
Wow fcuk, we would have won the beer garden hands down had we been given the Royal Sunday treatment derp!:wa:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know about that. I know when the Bradner game ended and the medals handed out most of them got into that beer garden and a good chunk were there until at least 9. 12-9 might be a fvsl cup finals beer garden record. Oh and that jacket the Bradner legend had on was mint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0