Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Breaking the Silence

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps if you still had a VMSL team of your own, you may then know of the problems of having teams in two different leagues.
Pardon me? SFC does have a VMSL team. Don't think anything different.

Breaking the silence,

~TB.

rickshaw

Mar 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marty

This has been fun to read.
here's my thoughts, as if you care....

I'm an ex player of the Championship Div 1 teams. I enjoyed my time on that team very much. But during my time there, I along with others, were subject to the games MF played. Calling players after games, complaining about them, and then calling another and complaining about you, etc.
I gave my all for 7 years. I thank MF for giving me the opportunity to play because when I came back to play soccer after a 7 year abscence, I was shocking (some would say I still am) But he let me work on my game. By the time I finished playing there, I had turned into a pretty good role player. The one thing I was, was a very good team guy. I'd go to almost all the practices, help line the field, bring water, etc.
I'd sit and watch players play, who MF perceived as better than me, only to see that they never did live up to the standards he thought they had. In the end, when the team was finally broken apart, I decided to leave when my first born arrived. The team was horrible, and the guys weren't getting along, so I decided my time would be better spent with my son. For that, I was told, after 7 years, that I was never allowed to play for SU again.
You see, MF needed guys like me to fill spots, because he didn't want to lose the spot in Div 1. I wasn't going to be a pawn.
In the summer I was "allowed" to play again because the team needed spots filled again. This time I played because it was with my friends again. You see, MF was somewhat of a user at times. This doesn't sit well with people.

In the end, I moved to Kelowna and realized that there is sooooooo much more to life than soccer. I still love to play, but if given a choice, I'd rather play with my 2 kids.

I thank MF for the good he did, but I will remain disappointed in him for the way he treated "good people" along the way. I am disappointed in myself too, for not seeing the things in MF that were not good (I invited the man to my wedding and didn't invite quality guys like Cainy - shaking my head still)

Gulp, I'm playing with the PAU team in Kelowna. Hope I don't end up being a "casualty" because of all this.

I look forward to seeing most of you and wonder if MF will give me the token "nod" again this year, or actually talk to me like he once knew me.

Take care all, and go Canucks go!

PS Studsup - give your head a shake.
PPS KNVB - please re-read your post. MF is not a Saint. You kinda sound like you're trying to make him one. See you in Kelowna, we'll have beers.
PPPS - Skip. how's the arm? Viking - I love you man! AVES - looking fwd to shining your head. Beers on my patio?? Ok!

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Dude, have you got 8 passes yet?

Originally posted by knvb
Bollocks.
Our club is doing just fine.

<snip>

Now since neither of us is bashing MF right now I think we're off topic.

Knvb,

We weren't? :confused:

Actually, during the disastrous hockey game tonight ... I remembered reading about your U-21's and thought about editing my post to include them in listing your club's/team's success this year. My bad for not including them in my 'cross-town' congrats .... Kudos to your ladies as well.

This year was a step back for your fvsl'ers but definitely a step forward for your VanCity boys. I really would like to see a strong SurreyU and a strong SurreyFC in both the VMSL and FVSL. I think it's a healthy 'relationship' if we're both doing well ....

So I guess I sit corrected ... you're right .. your club is deeper than I thought. ;)

Bollocks

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speeking of deeper...

I witnessed MF take a swig of coffee last night and then noticed it leek out of his back!!!:eek: Weird, I wonder how that could happen???:rolleyes:

BTW, if you want to get on the park I guess you have to take matters into your own hands... lucky for Deeks I was wearing multi's for the first time this season!!!:D Very unlikely he will be making the trip this weekend!!!:eek: Sorry mate, I learned from the best...;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I witnessed MF take a swig of coffee last night and then noticed it leek out of his back!!! Weird,
WHAT??

You're a clumsy twat going into tackles aren't you?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pot calling the kettle black!!!

You of all people (our very own Paul Marshall) should talk about other people tackling in training... Dirty Bastage!!!:eek: Did you even see it??? That's what I thought... Go back to the dart threads Marty, (oops I meant Knvb):rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF

Memo to Paul: a jaunt next door tonite is in order
Don't scare the shite out of me!!! He's a great lad, please don't tell him I remember the days when shinny's at training were a must!!!:eek:

Scared for life, Guinness;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0