Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada gets its first gold medal!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Aussie is actually a Canadian who didn't fit into the plans of the Canadian team (that's actually an understatement). He grew up in West Van, and his cousin is married to Señora Trece's younger brother.

Congrats to Alex Bilodeau and his family! Huge challenges with his older brother's situation for a family to have to deal with.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
he used to train in whistler. decided to take off to australia to train and now BAM! 2ND PLACE...here ya go chump!

CANADA!!!!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wait till tommorow night at BC Place when he accepts the gold medal....the place is going to go nuts

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened to the last guys score? I didnt' think his run was bad enough to earn
6th place. He had the fastest time, which i know is only 25% of the score.

Where was his slipup?

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
His Air was bad... He wasn't able to grab his ski on the second jump, and the difficulty was much easier then the others

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
was in auzzie bar downtown to watch medal.......was pretty cool to see canada win in that enviro! I just happen to be going to medal ceremony tomorrow, should be fun.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Begg-Smith is a Gold Medal winner nonetheless from Turin 2006. To be fair the coaching staff and program for Men's Moguls is Quebec-centric and he was the west coast wild boy who didn't want to play ball and focus on skiing (he was busy running his business ventures dealing in the delectable realm of malware and spyware)...fair enough, that's the way it goes.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was listening to the Team 1040 and they had some American feed on talking about the Olympics and they anouce Canada has won Gold and the Women (American) says good they got there madel now we don't have to talk about it anymore. stupid Americans. way to go Canada!!!!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Begg-Smith is a Gold Medal winner nonetheless from Turin 2006. To be fair the coaching staff and program for Men's Moguls is Quebec-centric and he was the west coast wild boy who didn't want to play ball...fair enough, that's the way it goes.

Yeah I would hate to fly to Quebec, Austrailia is a much better flight:rolleyes:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Begg-Smith is a Gold Medal winner nonetheless from Turin 2006. To be fair the coaching staff and program for Men's Moguls is Quebec-centric and he was the west coast wild boy who didn't want to play ball and focus on skiing (he was busy running his business ventures dealing in the delectable realm of malware and spyware)...fair enough, that's the way it goes.

he was born CANADIAN
that's the bottom line...who the hell decides to change nationalities?
it's like the Japanese figure skater who decided to change her nationality to Russian :confused: she also changed her last name

i was happy to see the cocky smirk wiped off his face when he was 2nd place

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
he was born CANADIAN
that's the bottom line...who the hell decides to change nationalities?
it's like the Japanese figure skater who decided to change her nationality to Russian :confused: she also changed her last name

i was happy to see the cocky smirk wiped off his face when he was 2nd place

Don't get me wrong here, I LOVED seeing him look like a chump but hey, it is what it is and he got what he deserved. His biggest rival growing up put it in his a$$ in his own hometown in front of the world. And our Gold medal winner has a better story than him too...shady internet spammer vs. a guy who's older brother suffers from CP and inspires him to greatness...I think Canada came out on top. :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
he used to train in whistler. decided to take off to australia to train and now BAM! 2ND PLACE...here ya go chump!

CANADA!!!!

I remember thinking he was a prick back in Turin, too. Unfortunately then, his success left a Canadian in 4th, outside the medals.

There is a lot written on him out there. Essentially, he's a child genius who started a software company very young, and made millions before his 19th birthday.

He moved the Australia at 16 to run his business and live the dream. On that end, I can't blame him...but changing nationalities just to stick it to his home country irks me. He could have done that by paying for his own coaching, and won a spot competing on the WC circuit as a Canadian, and REALY stuck it to the association w/ out sticking it to his country.

From Dale Begg-Smith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :

"Begg-Smith was skiing for his native Canada as a teenager when his coaches told him he was spending too much time on his fledgling business, and not enough time in training. He subsequently quit the Canadian ski program because it clashed with his business interests and, along with his brother Jason Begg-Smith, moved to Australia at age 16.[1] The brothers chose to ski for Australia because the country had a smaller ski program that offered them more attention and flexibility. This ensured that they could still successfully manage their business."

Ever since hearing his story 4 years ago I've been waiting for this moment. What a pouty bitch. Did you hear the documentary clip from Aussie TV last night? When one of his interviewers asked him "What is it like to be home?" and he replied, "This isn't my home."

Anyhow...glad he was served.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts