Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada MNT: Road to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is 100% no chance I will ever stop with the insults, because the evidence is so overwhelming that you fail at "listening". You "hear" well enough, but you don't "listen".

You see, inadequate and backwards are two totally different things. Inadequate means that there are several areas of deficiency. Backwards means that results aren't being gleaned...and that is plain wrong. What would you feel is a reasonable level for Canada to be at, at say, the U12, U13, U14, 15, 16 levels? Ranking wise? Keep in mind, we are not a footballing first nation, and we have no PDL for our kids to aspire to. What level do you feel is reasonable in these circumstances?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I think is reasonable and the only way Canada is ever going to make the Wold Cup is for my son who plays U7 to stop running into the net to play goalie every time the coach starts a scrimmage.:gurps::eek::D:(

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I think is reasonable and the only way Canada is ever going to make the Wold Cup is for my son who plays U7 to stop running into the net to play goalie every time the coach starts a scrimmage.
That will definitely help...:D

Mini-Gurps wants to be a keeper?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
@trece verde no he doesn't which is why it is so odd he runs into the net to play keeper to start every time....I think it allows him some free time to day dream about minecraft or the ipad.

Either way, being the good parent I am, I usually yell at him when no one is looking or listening to get the @#$%^$ out of the net. Seems to work...

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is 100% no chance I will ever stop with the insults, because the evidence is so overwhelming that you fail at "listening". You "hear" well enough, but you don't "listen".
Then there is no point in continuing a conversation with you if you will keep insulting.
I do "here" and "listen". In my opinion you do not provide enough solid and convincing evidence to change my observations that by U12 our kids are already behind their peers in the Americas.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I missed this. Here it is for those that want to hear.

@Soccer Coach, you shouldn't listen. You will only be angered by Jigsaw's accent, LOL.

I remember sitting and watching that Canada vs. Australia match, and tears running down my face in extra time as the chance to advance was lost. That was a heart breaker.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was awesome, thanks.

@Soccer Coach, this is what I've been trying to get you to understand. Most of what we are discussing we agree on. What you fail to acknowledge is that others around you "get it" already, you are kind of preaching to the choir.

But again, for the life of me, how you can state that a Domestic league isn't at least equally important to strengthening the grass roots level is beyond me.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fresh off the jocksniffer forum: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/13/mls-canada-american-citizens

Captain Shamrock (does he even post here anymore???) called this out years ago, and he was bang on right: the MLS would make no difference on the Canadian Soccer scene. I don't know if he knew as much about the MLS Domestic Player policies, and the CSA essentially giving away rights for three franchises w/ out getting a solid Domestic Player mandate in return, but it is fcuking criminal.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for posting that. Won't lie I actually had no idea that Canadian players were treated as international when playing in the US. I also had no idea that MLS rosters restricted the amount of International players. I just assumed that the salary cap took care of that.

It also explains why the ball is in the air for 90% of MLS games and each game is a track meet.:rolleyes:

Reading this you do appreciate more the need for a Canadian league. There is literally no where for the majority of academy players to go.

Although I had a vague idea of this issue before, this article was a bit of a eye opener.

Maybe I should stop yelling at my son to get the $%$^&% out of the net and perhaps look for a career as a goalie.:gurps::smuggrin:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In some people's minds, professional domestic opportunities is not a big problem. It is every bit as big a problem, if not moreso, than grassroots development- at this stage, anyhow. There is no sense in us even sinking another penny into grassroots if we don't have a clear pathways for opportunity on the other end.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@utah - you have gone through sending your kid off internationally to pursue his career. Care to share on some of those roadblocks?

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In some people's minds, professional domestic opportunities is not a big problem. It is every bit as big a problem, if not moreso, than grassroots development- at this stage, anyhow. There is no sense in us even sinking another penny into grassroots if we don't have a clear pathways for opportunity on the other end.
Bingo

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had my first experience with U6 boys soccer on the weekend and my first thought was at that age they should encourage zero contact. All I saw was one or two boys aggressively pushing getting every ball and the rest of the boys taking turns crying. Not sure any of the kids are getting anything from that.

I didn't see any ice cream but I'll let you know if that changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0