Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada vs Europe

Does Canada need to adapt international rules at a minor league level?

• Yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will the hockey in Canada need to adapt international rules at a minor league level to prevent the European's from taking over the game.

Your welcome IFA.........;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
moot

your little poll doesn't matter unless the professional game in North America adapts the same rules!!! therefore I can't vote on it because that would be moot !!!
If the NHL adapts the international rules then doesn't it become automatic that the minor levels do also???:rolleyes:

Guinnessstillthinksknvbshouldstayawayfromthehockeythreads;)

PS. all you wankers that thought Mario and co. were washed up old has-beens look real good now!!!:rolleyes: you are probably the same ones that cruised downtown honking your horns!!!
(except for knvb he wasn't allowed out yesterday)!!!:mad:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sausage

I was saying...
moot
your little poll doesn't matter unless the professional game in North America adapts the same rules!!! therefore I can't vote on it because that would be moot !!!
If the NHL adapts the international rules then doesn't it become automatic that the minor levels do also???

Guinnessstillthinksknvbshouldstayawayfromthehockeythreads

PS. all you wankers that thought Mario and co. were washed up old has-beens look real good now!!! you are probably the same ones that cruised downtown honking your horns!!!
(except for knvb he wasn't allowed out yesterday)!!!

fcuk maybe I should stay off TTP:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Putz

Why does the Pro game have to adapt first? I believe that in most countries (other than North America) play the International way and there hopes are to be on that international team.

North Americans are spoiled with the NHL. I think what IFA was trying to get at was why does our youth not play a similar format to say.... Sweden and have the kids play international rules and regs. If they are good enough to play at the NHL level then they can make the switch as so many of the europen's do.

I know the end all be all is the NHL but when it comes to international play we don't match up as well.

Do we?

Your in being uneducated on the subject, KNVB

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go back to the Wrestling Thread.

I know the end all be all is the NHL but when it comes to international play we don't match up as well.

We just won the Gold in the best International tournament ever played, and you make a statement like that.

The Kids should be tought to play the NHL rules . If they aren't good enough to play at the NHL level they can make the switch to adapt to the international level and go play elsewhere. Every kid plays hockey at a competitive level to make the NHL , they don't play to be an international player.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy fcuk

I can't believe I fully agree with what The Apprentice just wrote!!!:eek: :eek:

Mr. Follower, Guinness:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fine then! I'll just take my ball and go home.

Yours in trying to get it going for IFA, KNVB

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with the Big Dog

I agree. The NHL is the toughest league with the best players. As a whole, Canadians are the best players in the show.

Also, there are many Canadians who have moved to Europe permanently to pursue carreers. These guys dominate the leagues over there, and can't crack the league here. The argument should probably be made: should European league adjust their rules to mimick the NHL?

Yours in ganging up on KNVB,

Dude.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kids using NHL rules?

I think that many of the 'International' rules are currently used outside the NHL:

I didn't play with 'touch' icing until Junior.

The Beer league I play in uses the no red line rule as well as the clear-the-zone offside rule that the NHL experimented with a couple of years back. (I don't know about the youth leagues as I was out of youth long before these were introduced...)

The 15 second face-off rule only really makes a difference at the highest levels where line-matching and TV time-outs make an impact.

Fighting results in automatic suspensions in youth (up to Junior) and Beer leagues across the country.

And finally, it's the ice size that makes all the difference anyway. We're not going to go around the country and build new arenas. Even if it were decided that this would help, it would cost way too much.

I really don't think the rules will make that much of a difference. Canada's best athletes will still choose to play hockey just as the best athletes in other countries play soccer or basketball or football. That's why so many Europeans now come to Canada when they're 16 to play Major Junior - it's the best competition. Canada will always be one of the strongest hockey nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts