Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Vs Honduras Oct 16

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as I've been able to stomach, Iain Hume's been the only red jersey with any life. A U13 bronze team would have a better clue defensively that this bunch of pylons, and that's not being too polite to a group of 12 year old kids.

Disgusting lack of effort on the day. I think the CSA and all involved with this farce owe everybody who's paid a registration fee an apology. Yes Vic, I mean you, and I mean now.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny you should mention the Bohemians as they currently have the 6-0 Bohemian scoreline. Anybody seen sid? could he be responsible for putting this team together:(
The only think I'm putting Is my willy in ur misses arse

Just in Devos tweet " we almost had them ,watching Canada is like watching std pound his misses,hard to watch & boring!"
Moving forward I can not wait to meet up with sid ,ass slop & the bohemians & join in the orgy at disease dicks house Saturday night!"

Jdevos

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh please fcuk right off...

ya i'm embarrased..

so what.

my third rate national team is losing to a third world national country...

I bleed Red and have paid my dues.

Followed this team from birth and this is what is out representing me and the country i support?
Typical passive attitude from views like yours "just happy to be here" get u no where.

Dont lead me to water and tell me im not allowed to drink it .
Sucks to be you.

I have a Maple Leaf tattooed on my back. I also bleed red and have shared the ups and downs with this team. Am I embarrassed for the team? Yes. Am I embarrassed to be Canadian? Never.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As embarrassing as that was let's face it it was always going to be tough to win in Honduras or Panama. Where Canada blew it was their game here against Honduras. If they won that game then this game would've been irrelevant today.

I don't expect Canada to get better until they clean house and also until players decide that yes I will play for Canada and not this wait and see crap.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sucks to be you.

I have a Maple Leaf tattooed on my back. I also bleed red and have shared the ups and downs with this team. Am I embarrassed for the team? Yes. Am I embarrassed to be Canadian? Never.

Well if u want to bring it to that level then lets do this.....

When Ben Johnson got caught doping i was embarrassed to be Canadian.

When Canuck fans rioted after losing to boston and it was plastered all over the new news around the Globe i was also ashamed and embarrassed to be Canadian.

Everytime a perverted pedofile gets a slap on the wrist from our judicial system for ruining a child's life and then gets relocated back into society i am embarrassed to be Canadian.

When my men's national Soccer team gets spanked and out classed by a team we should be able to play with while i wear thier jersey i get embarrassed to be Canadian. 8 fcuking 1 brother.....

Need More?

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canadian team will always suffer cus most Canadians have more passion for ice hockey including the younger kids and coach,s. Ice hockey coach,s coach kids soccer teams etc by reading from books - not good for development !

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on Regs...The first three goals little # 5 was caught ball watching and it was "Way Too Easy".
To see the backline follow the ball and leave so many players so open was dumbfounding!
One step forward...Three steps back! Ouch.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
what most upsets me is that i was fooled into thinking we were making progress.

How many steps back did we just take?

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't say I am embarassed to be Canadian by a long shot because of this, maybe a member of the CSA though... Even then, we have a national team that pours its heart and soul out for the country... on the Womans side. I wish the men could show that kind of passion and desire when it counts. We seemed so close, but as usual pissed it away. I hope there is some accountability in the CSA to move this team forward.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
CSA should get rid of all the coaching staff and bring in some proper coach,s . Neutral coach,s from Europe and not the textbook reading coach,s.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
CSA should get rid of all the coaching staff and bring in some proper coach,s . Neutral coach,s from Europe and not the textbook reading coach,s.

Doesnt matter who coaches this the MNT. The CSA needs to be overhauled. The way it is structured right now the CSA tells the coach what players he coaches. Just go Ask Lenarduzzi or Mitchell ....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those changes in structure just took place in the Spring... I'm not seeing how anyone can pin the monumental failure we all just witnessed on the CSA :confused:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some thoughts:

- Honduras is a quality side but not at the level perceived of the 8-1 drubbing.

- Stephen Hart did not put a lineup out there that could "compete" on this given day. André Hainault should have been pulled after the first goal. HE WAS NOT PREPARED TO PLAY. McKenna went up for a header on the first goal and #5 Hainault was caught ball-watching, not goal-side, ball-side and stagnant! He was EASILY beat to the ball. I seen it right away and was screaming at the TV for Hart to get him off. He subsequently played an intergral part of the majority of Honduran goals. At the same time, Tosaint Ricketts, an ex-Edmonton Juventus player is simply not even close to this level of play. If he finished like we should expect at this level, the game probably would have taken a different route. Adjustments were not recognized as needed or completed by Hart!!

- Honduran environment is apparently very bad for visiting players. Hmmm, based on the Escobar documentary with the Columbian team, perhaps Hainault was issued death threats.........

- No prolific goal scorers in Canada other than De Rosario for quite some time. A MAJOR issue.

- Rhetoric about LTPD and qualified coaches are great, but what is really missing is some of the passion and demands of the old guard. Made a post about that some time ago. The fact Hart is taking the blame means he should, but it seems like our National coaches are grateful that our players agree to play at all. They don't hold the hammer!

- There are some great youth players out there waiting, but if we are not careful, they could be waiting to be ruined, and I mean with "qualified' coaches doing "their" thing.

- Quite gutted with some of the individual approaches on the pitch today. Faroe Islands, San Marino, and Luxembourg, players are trained to become athletic, mobile pylons. At least they know what they are. Today, some Canadian players did not know what they were. Pylons, but not organized correctly by the coach and a yellow one where there should have been a red one.

The word compete is an interesting one. At the end of the day, a good coach maximizes his team's ability to compete and a good coach develops their young players to learn how to compete. Every situation is different with each and every player. It appears some players forgot how to compete at the most important time. That is THE problem.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't have the energy to write a long diatrab on this one. Personally, just gutted...another 6 years, maybe? Will I live to see them play in the Wold Cup again?

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada should not be surprised by this result. We are the only Country that I know of that does not have it's own League to develop players.
Can anyone name another Country with no domestic league?
Our development program is definately not working. We have virtually no players being selected for Canada any more from BC and the rest of the Country is not doing a good enough job to get us up to the next level.
There needs to be some accounatability here. Who is responsible for the decline of development in our National Team Players?
Why are players from BC not good enough now?
Who is coaching these programs? and what are you doing?
All of this fancy crap with the sports scientists at the youth level and the fitness programs being rammed down the throats of players in the BCPL is not helping, they cannot play, because we are spending too much time listenning to these self professed experts who have never kicked a ball, but want to be involved in the game to show how clever they are, if the team does well.
Less time with this crap and more time teaching them the game and get more touches on the ball.
Who cares how high you can jump, or how well you do in the beep test?
If they cannot play or compete, what good are they?
Nobby Styles won a World Cup Medal with England in 1966 and he told me that it comes down to 4 words.
Can he ####ing play?
We do not have the leadership to get us any further ahead in Canada.
I hear people say that the Pro's should run things, well they have not done too well either, as the development of players coming out of our 3 MLS teams is nothing to brag about.
The Whitecaps and BCSA have been together now for 10 years and keep telling us how good their program is and how much money they are throwing at it.
Well it has been a failure. we have gone backwards.
Who is responsible?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said as always Ballbaby. Pretty much covered off what alot of us were thinking as we watched the Train Crash!
Take care pal.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0