Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada vs Panama

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is getting to the point where a loss is really nothing any more. Sad to see us drop game after gamer. Yet my gut tells me we could win the game against Panama.
We are in need of Canadian Pro League more and more. All the money pushed in to winning should into forming an 8 team Canadian league to start.
Perhaps kids here would have a chance on playing and making a living from soccer.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tie but man o man they are robos with out any ???. Sad to watch. Floro o Floro. Soccer is about running. Standing still just makes it boring. Panama was down a man. Sand three attackers take the game to them and get the dam win. Playing for a tie is boring.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, Dude must be proud - clearly his defining "I told you so" moment.

:)

I can see some improvement from this lot, especially in the comfort level in playing the ball out of the back... unfortunately for Canada, you can find better striking options in the BCSPL - fcuking useless!!!

:mad:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
On top of not being talented enough I don't see the work rate I want out of the strikers. Dragging defenders out of position and making them make decisions. The modern striker doesn't just stand up there and saunter about like Balotelli waiting to finish a chance. The systems of play ask for so much more. I know the service wasn't the best yesterday but you need to make yourself more available as well.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the game until the 23rd minute when I think it was Hutchinson kicked a ball into the stratosphere while making a long upfield pass to our striker (offside, BTW). I kid you not, that ball went up at least 100ft. Reminded me of a kid I used to coach at U12 (who'd probably slot well in the team based on general technical ability and soccer IQ). I gave up after that and just fast forwarded the PVR seeking for a goal...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They all talk how tactical Floro is. iI that's the soccer he wants Canadians to ply might as well pick up golf clubs and quit. Only when the two subs came it it looked like soccer. Those two kids got some foot skill and it showed.
Maybe Floro is making us bad just so they can play better when it counts. If not got I am lost with that soccer. Fonseca what the hell is that?

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see a lot of improvement on our side, but I'll quantify that by saying we should enter a team in the scots Championship if we finish mid table with no home games we might have achieved something (wouldn't be to hard). Frack that was horrible footy, and can't get those two hours back. Seen better games in masters div 1. Then again the kids seem to give a bit, chuck the oldies out start again!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene I totally agree with your out look. The trouble is how many times do you start all over again before you clear house of all of them in Canadian soccer. As a coach and a player for many years. I think that was a total shyt. Our National side could be five folds better. It seams to me that none of the want to sweat for Canada. I agree with letting older guys go. But for god sake you have to find some guys with skill and ability to join attack and to get back before it's late. Most of all that can run and defend hard.

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rene I totally agree with your out look. The trouble is how many times do you start all over again before you clear house of all of them in Canadian soccer. As a coach and a player for many years. I think that was a total shyt. Our National side could be five folds better. It seams to me that none of the want to sweat for Canada. I agree with letting older guys go. But for god sake you have to find some guys with skill and ability to join attack and to get back before it's late. Most of all that can run and defend hard.
Hey they should just hire us as scouts, we'd fit their budget:pompous::wa:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's got nothing to do with budgets. It's got more to to with brain in total. First of all they need a practice field in lower USA with high humidity.
Reason is players must be able to play in high heat with lack of air. Second It's got to do with pride and heart. Third of all we need a Canadian to Coach our kids. Reason is type of soccer and pace. Watching robo soccer is just no fun. People do not support the game due to boring soccer.
I was told years ago you attack with five players and defend with ten. No it takes a coach to find the guys that can run. Across Canada could field two full teams.
CSA is the problem. They spend way much on non needed things. One can buy a practice pitch and twenty room house less than million is south east of USA. Good cook and all is in place. Top heavy when it comes to money. Give the players five grand a goal and we will see score like four to two.
We have lots of talent here.
One office in the west one in the east. Not offices in each Provice. One guy as a president and one good book person for hotels and tickets. Spend the money on players and demand. Player does not show change the guy. Find a re-placement. Simple for the guy that knows how. Way hard when twenty guys are pulling all over the place. We play for Maple Leaf not for each community.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0