Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada WNT: Road to Brazil 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch Canada vs. United States in Sunday’s final of the CONCACAF Women’s Olympic Qualifying Championship live on Sportsnet ONE. Coverage starts at 4:45 pm ET/1:45 pm

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In an effort to support gender equality, I will say it was a nice goal but nothing particular amazing.

The defending was horrible.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me or is Gerry Dobson more in love with the US women than the Canadians?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only caught the last 20 minutes or so but my ears are bleeding listening to the constant verbal diarrhea coming from the broadcast pair :rolleyes:

There were a few Canadian ladies whom appeared to have some... fitness issues.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only caught the last 20 minutes or so but my ears are bleeding listening to the constant verbal diarrhea coming from the broadcast pair :rolleyes:

Agreed. . I went back and forth between the regular sunday shite. Not sure about herdmans starting 11. To not play sinclair until the second half took the wind outta may sail

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed. . I went back and forth between the regular sunday shite. Not sure about herdmans starting 11. To not play sinclair until the second half took the wind outta may sail

It was said during the game that he was giving an opportunity to other players to develop them in big games. He is trying to get a group of girls that are all good enough to play any game so he's not dependant on the "regulars".

No Sesselman, Kyle, or Leon even dressed for the game. Frankly they have enough lumbering ball winners on that team to sit them, get some faster more creative players some time.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was said during the game that he was giving an opportunity to other players to develop them in big games. He is trying to get a group of girls that are all good enough to play any game so he's not dependant on the "regulars".

No Sesselman, Kyle, or Leon even dressed for the game. Frankly they have enough lumbering ball winners on that team to sit them, get some faster more creative players some time.

Ya I caught that. Considering the line up the Americans dressed would have been nice to come out full force and go up 2 nil against a team we have historically been pumped by. I should coach your team.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

This is what exhibition games are for. I'd rather have won and. Aquired some confidence against the world cup winners

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

That said, I still love your tits

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the replays of the US goals. One was a fairly decent shot that may have been prevented by tighter marking, but the other one was a definite brain fart by the replacement keeper. I know that a lot of people are drinking Herdman's kool-aid, but like Akslop said, weren't there any other friendlies that his "young and unprovens" could have been tested in?

Re Regs' comment about fitness, this has been noticeable a number of times in the past, when the type of bad decisions that you see from tired players seemed to be made regularly in the 2nd halves of their games. No Lauren? Oh well...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

TV's comments basically echoed mine.

Not the first time posters here and in other social medias have expressed a lack of fitness issue w/ Canadian players.

I didn't see this game, but in the past, we've seen Canadians come out against their US counterparts looking decidedly less fit. Or, a less popular word would be fat.

Why is that? Some of them look like beer leaguers.

I don't believe that the American birds are some sort of genetically superior being, here. Herdman has to get on top of this. They have 6 months. It will take that long for some of these women to lose 10 lbs and get stronger / faster in the process. Improving on the Bronze from the last Olympics is a tall order, but this would probably be the best shot he has of pulling this off. I hope he recognizes that, gets these women together, limits their beer and pub time, and treats this 6 months with the professionalism all the other Olympic athletes will be.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
fit like the US?
article-2449534-189A31D000000578-909_638x793.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money