Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada WWC 2015 Bid - Success!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: And then thier were 2

You speak good engerlish.

who called the keyboard cop on me?

P.s. thanks for the key board spanking, lol .my life is very good either way you spell. enjoy

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: And then thier were 2

You speak good engerlish.

LOL

I failed ESL Class.

Prick!

Be nice.. I hear he is not such a bad guy. :no-no:

Women's 2015 world cup cities to be announced at 11:30.. Does BC PLACE HOST THE FINAL?

C/P

Seven cities were involved in Canada's bid for the 2015 World Cup: Edmonton, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Montreal, Ottawa, Moncton, N.B., and Halifax. Six cities will host games at the tournament, so one city will have to be eliminated from the mix.

Toronto was not part of the bid because it will host the 2015 Pan American Games.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got up to speed on this - Halifax doesn't have a stadium and can't make up it's mind on building one... Moncton already has a stadium.

Any idea on the date they announce particulars, i.e., who hosts what games?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got up to speed on this - Halifax doesn't have a stadium and can't make up it's mind on building one... Moncton already has a stadium.

Any idea on the date they announce particulars, i.e., who hosts what games?

Cant find much on it. I figured they would have at least announced the host cities for the finals and semi's . I'd have to guess that those matches would be played fairly close to eachother..

My guess would be Edmonton(semi) Vancouver(final) with the east coast getting the shaft.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the fact that Toronto isn't getting ANYTHING (due to pan am games nonsense) that they will want to give "Ontario" a high profile game of either a Semi or the Final (Either Ottawa or Montreal)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First, turf is poo, and should never be played on, but having said that does anyone REALLY care??? Outside of a small cohort that would attend women's matches, does this really matter? If I'm not mistaken wasn't Canada the only country to bid to host this thing?? All due respect to the women involved, because they are good athletes and train hard for this, but I liken it to the Olympics.....we pay attention when it's going on, and then forget about it for 4 years. :bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love the saying "with all due respect", because it usually means that, immediately following, you are about to disrespect someone. :D

You are correct, sir, but I think they have a fair point nonetheless. FIFA doesn't want to sink any more money into this than they have to, and we all know the CSA's track record on events like this (on the cheap). If and when Canada does bid for the WC, damn right they'll budget in for real grass in every stadium proposed. They wouldn't stand a chance of winning the bid otherwise.

I'm of the mind that if you are going to do it, do it right. Collaborate w/ FIFA and all the other stakeholders, and make it happen. Hell, BC Place needs a new surface, anyhow. It is the worst surface in MLS, and in the CFL, it isn't considered much better. You would hope that the Cap's, being a major stakeholder in the issue of the surface, would lead the way, and perhaps try and parlay a land sharing agreement w/ the government, and invest in a proper grass surface that is properly maintained, and multipurpose to allow the CFL. With the roof, now, there is no reason why the surface can't be kept up and maintained. You could even do those trade shows by laying down temporary flooring on top. It's doable.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude it it the endless amount of trade shows that ruin the turf more than anything. The football player don't help but even their gargantuan sized asses don't compare to the weight that the trade shows put on the turf. That is what compresses it till it is like concrete. The turf I believe was top of the line when they first put it in but its life expectancy is not very long with those shows and I would imagine trying to maintain real grass would be hopeless. We need a soccer specific stadium if real grass is what we want. It would be like trying to grow your hair with sid sitting on your head half the time.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a good analogy. It would be accurate if I had plugs, but this is all natural, baby.

I would argue, however, that natural field on a natural bed of aerated soil would actually recover well with a bit of rain and sunshine. The new roof makes this an actual possibility.

Sure we need a soccer specific stadium. How close are they to getting that, again?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0