Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2015/16 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Training camp in a little over 6 weeks I think so may as well put this thread in place now :)

Stanton signed with the Capitals on a two-way deal... lots of room on the backend to fill this season, are all the spots going to be filled by youngsters?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Putting stamp on things is OK. Shipping Matthias out and keeping Vey is a bad mistake. Kassian is young he will figure it out. He needs to stop take it out on him self. Nerves are hard things to deal with. Kassian needs doctors help. Cole Cassels is a dam good player guys he can make the team. Vertinen will be given a chance also. Both as good as Kassian.
We all know well that team needs Cody Franson here. Sbisa or Corado could be going the other way. If Benning wants to retool the team with out guy like Franson there is no way we will make the play offs.
Shinkaruk is also good young player given a chance. Keeping Higgens and sending Shinkaruk to Utica is not development. Or at least bring Sentirelli back the guy can score. Both he and Franson are out there still.
With out few known names seats will sit empty. I am not paying to watch that D. Not paying to watch Vey get pushed around and Higgens scoring ten goals a year. We will be good for four goals a game against with the D we have.

/\
/\
/\

What he said. Sort of.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs adding Corado and Clendening looks good on paper but in long term it will hurt. One of them OK. Team is not strong enough on D. Benning must add Franson or the team will slide. Even Sedins want out. Alex Gernier will take Matthis's spot he is just as good if not better than Matthias. Adding Vertinen will not hurt. Prust will keep things from getting bad and Drsett will help Gernier the same. Clendening will have more points than Bieksa in my opinion it's a plus. Young Cassels could stick here. The guy was what it takes to play in NHL. Keepers are no problem. Over all I think Edmonton and Calgary did better than Canucks on trade deals.
Time will tell but team is in bad need of a secod line PK shooter. Franson will cost but with guy like him team could end up in second round of play offs.
I think both Linden and Benning need to think of adding more strength on D or clubs like Calgary Ducks LA will run us out of town

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It came from one of them. They are not willing to be part of rebuild. They would stay if the team is good enough. It's up to Benning and Linden to improve the team.
We can just wait ans see. If you think they can make the play off with what is here not going to be.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I just read the Swedish interview and they said nothing of the sort regarding being a part of a rebuild.

What they said is that the next 2 years would be rough but the team would be a contender in 3 years AND they expect the young guys to be the leaders by then and they would be supporting players.

They also said they want to remain Canucks for their entire careers but if the club asked them to waive their no-trades at the deadline during their last year, they would in order to help the organisation out.

The Sedins are class.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No no Regs Daniel said he is open to trades. I heard it on radio. He even sold his home here. He knows team is going to rebuild. I wish them luck but in my opinion that D is good for four goals a game I hope club can score four or five a game to stay alive.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Wow!

Canucks acquire Brandon Sutter & 3rd round pick from Penguins. Going the other way is Bonino & Clendening and a 2016 second round pick.

I like!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
G spot Bandcap Sutter is a big boy, he is only twenty six in my opinion Benning did well. Now Mr base is bit more up beat with Canucks line-up.
Horvat, Sutter, Sedin. as good as any three C-men in NHL.
Franson next and LA and Calgary will have skidders.

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is no way pittsburgh have better centers! sedin is better than crosby. horvart is much better then malkin and sutter is just a bit better than benino.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@rich2 you make it seem like they are miles better, I think it's a bit closer than that especially when Crosby is injury free.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Daddy 3 ever since Crosby got hurt he is not the same. He is scared getting his head hurt again. Daddy 3 Horvat is only twenty, Sutter twenty six. One must give Canucks bit of edge. Cole Cassels will be here is is also only twenty. Sven Biertschi only twenty two. Team is much younger faster and stronger with Prust here.
Boninno is a fine player for third line. Sutter is number two and could be number one line.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Benning has done a good job so far with Canucks. On the other side Utica has lost few good players. I think Benning will add bit more grind to that club. Guys like Joe Findly Matt Lashoff,Sean Dolan and Lucas Sutter could help.Utica is going to be younger team. Finley can fight and protect kids. Lucas Sutter nedds a true chance to make a push forward. Lashoff knows how, party time is over he just needs steady home. Dolan can play hockey.And most of all Achibuald is a good two way player. I just can not understand why he is treated the way he is. Must be T Geen behind it.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace I think that might go sideways since he has come here. Maybe not, one of the night girls here will try hard to find out how hard he fights. New love is always good for game of hockey. Benning needs to send two more guys out of town and get one of the top two D here. Rest we have.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adam Cracknell is a newest Canuck. Hard nose player that will get a chance with Canucks. Come play-off's this team is allot more made for grinding it out in the corners. Prust. Dorsett,Burrows,Cracknell,Gernier and Cassels love to rub faces. It will be fun to watch the team this year.
D to me is still a ?? mark.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They could have used rob last knight. Miller is as geppy as overused sister. Twins are on crack time. Gernier plays well to stay around. Vertinan I just do not see it, Kennins is way better player. I hope Markstrom starts the season or we will be 0 and four with Miller in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0