Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2015 Playoff Edition - Round One vs Calgary

Who'll win the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flames in 4

• Flames in 5

• Flames in 6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One game at the time. We are still there. Next twenty is going to be hard. Tenev will get one for our boys. Just look at Windy city. They are on crack. Maybe our Nucks will do the same. Miller will do it for his little boy. One can only be proud of the guys today.
Sir M that.s not like you. You tend to be positive guy. One more young guy from Utica is a must in this town. I know Greener is hording good players. Archi is needed to help Dorsett. Willyie give a guy chance. Watch Kesler bitch if Archi comes. Big hope on my side with twenty minutes left plus another game.
Dam good hockey game. Bo lets go man do them in.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually I stand corrected. Tanev is good at standing in front of his goaltender screening him looking around and checking no one.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice assist on the cough up the middle on the game winner Tanev.. Further, Bieksa was beaten like a step child in this series.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M it was not Tenev nor Canucks who made mistakes. GM and president new fruckin well the the two elements they head to meat was equal size and strength. Both got out smarted by Burk . Burk head four guys with way more size and strength, those guys kick the crap out of Canucks guys. Young guys on Calgary were attacking with full force. No one on the Canucks took them out from the net area. And that is due to size. If one has a blame it should be addressed to GM an President. Utica has two guys with size and strength those guys were not here.
Playoffs are dirty buiss no soft guys can play in it. We have five guys that can not do that and that is why we got knocked out. Bieksa was getting runned by that goon every time. If Archibuald was here he could have shyt kicked the kid. Simple but not if they think of prity play. Up three nothing and loosing the game in my opinion is nothing more than lessen for GM and president. Club needs a guy like Adam MacQuaid to play with Edler and one more guy like that to play with Hammi on D. Club needs Gernier and Archibuald on the wings. Big young strong guys. With out them there is no way next year.
Bonino is not a second line centre that cost us moving on.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All we needed was a save. We would dominate for stretches and then Calgary would come back against the play and score. You need your goalie to be awesome in the playoffs. We got average. Series over.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't like hashtags but #newcoachnextyear. For 3 games when we needed ofence badly ( games 1-3-4 )he just stuck with cycling 4 lines instead of utilizing the top 2 more often FACK!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys coach was fine. He made a mistake in first game by not playing twins and Verbata for 18 minutes or plus . Rest he did fine. The problem that I see is, Miller is a good keeper but he lacks size and guys crash the net. Lack is no worse than Miller in last game with 3 to 3 coach head to pull Miller put back Lack we would have won the game.
Owners are loosing five million a game due to GM and president The club has far many scouts and helpers and god knows what around twenty guys, Trim all that down and buy two mean D and a second line centre rest we have. All the club needs is a scout in AHL and a scout in OHL and a scout in WHL, scout in QJHL one guy in Europe and one guy in US schools.
Markstrom and Lack are both equal keepers. If we trade Lack club can get that big D we need Markstrom can be with Miller-.Higgens, Bonino and Edler can bring second line centre and a prospect or Third line centre if Bonino gets moved. Bobby Senguinetti is no worse than Edler about the same age or younger.
Small things got to coach and his co-coaches. For most they were watching the game some-one head to step up and lead the team under pressure. Up 4 to three guys should have been told dump it in and only one guy goes after the puck rest defend. PK on MacMillan was given to Calgary from French refs just because they like Calgary coach and co-coach. Should have gone the other way.At times team head four guys up the ice. Calgary was laughing with all the chances they were given. Regs I wish I was twenty two again.
Bo should have been on second line centre with Sven Baertschi and Hansen all fast and skilled. Bonino,Matthias and Higgens. Kenins MacMillan and Richardson . It's all late know golfing is next step. Cheers to all of you guys have good summer.

Last edited:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would trade Miller and keep Lack, I do not think Benning will do that. Edmonton is much improved with number one pick plus another first round pick. They will give fits to all the teams in the West. Benning is scared to trade vetran. Higgens will bring round two player during the draft time. Edler will bring round two and round three player.
Bonino would bring a centre with size and mean streak. Bonino can score lots of goals with right people Canucks do not have them. LW prom Portland WHL is a must for 2015 draft. Team must get bigger and stronger and younger. Twinsare 35,Verbata 34,Burrows 34,Higgens 32or 3, Miller 34, Bieksa 34.Hammi 33. In my opinion two three guys must go.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M did you see today paper report on Canucks. They have Matthias Richardson and one other guy on chopping block. How funny Matthias has scored 18 goals this year and a goal in playoffs. The guy is six foot four over two hundred and young. Richardson is one of the hardest working centre with lots of smarts. Guy like Higgens dog it half a season and still hold jobs. If Bennig gets rid of Richardson and Matthias there is no way he will make the playoffs next year. Hammi or Bieksa one has to go. Higgens for sure. Edler cost them that last game buy stupid passing. They have two guys in Utica to take Edlers place. Both bigger and stronger both can score. Richardson is only thirty years old. It will be funny to watch if he keeps all the old guys. Miller is a must to move. Hammi second must. third should be Higgens and fourth Verbata.
Vertanen could end up with twins. Hansen Bo and Burrows second line. Richarson Kenins Matthias third line fourth line all new guys. Utica first line should be fourth line here next year. Gernier,DeFazio.Shinkaruk would be dam good fourth line here.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richardson & Matthias are UFAs, no?

While I would actually like to see both kept, I don't think we could afford what they'll fetch on the open market this year.

Keep Miller, Lack isn't quite ready for a full workload I don't think... the whole reason to get Miller in the first place was to buy time in retooling the team.

Bo to the second line is what I want to see for next year with a vet and a rookie as his line-mates. Move Bonino to the third line.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Edler cost them that last game buy stupid passing...

It is easy to point finger at one player and his mistakes in one game. From what I saw and heard this season Edler was a pleasant surprise (not many people expected he'd bounce back this year).

Anyway, to have 3:0 result after first 9 minutes and then be down 4:7 at the end of the game shows something else (and that "something" is the biggest issue with this team for the last few years if not more).

This team did well when it worked hard! A minute they started thinking that they were good (and that they did not have to work THAT hard that minute everything went down). So, it is about the work ethics and leadership.

Sedins are great guys, no question about that. Just think how many other hockey players donated 1.5 million to the Children's Hospital and you can see who those guys really are.
But, this sport requires a lot of bullying approach when play-off time comes. Being vocal, play hard, fight if necessary - lead by example with all those elements! Sedins are not that type of players. They are quiet, they do not want to fight, they are real gentlemen and... ... ... that does not work when play-off time comes.

Just think about 2011 run. Canucks were playing hard (and they had some personnel that was able to do that). They were hitting other people, they were getting under their skins, and all was perfectly fine until that hit by Aaron Rome on Nathan Horton. After that hit Canucks team was totally different. They were afraid to hit (suspensions, etc.) and Bruins took full advantage of sudden change in pace.

That change of pace happened also in game 7 against Flames. Anybody could see it. You could sense that it is not going to end well.

Canucks management has been lost for quite a while. Remember how after 2011 (and 2012) they were talking only about how to get bigger and stronger. They somehow drifted away from the path they have already paved. But, the management was actually always quick on pulling the trigger on hard working guys. They let a lot of those guys go.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I cannot figure out the quote function with this new improved TTP system, but paragraph three above is welcome to the Vancouver Canucks for the last 30 years. As soon as they get up they relax and get beat. Been happening forever, including when this God they call Linden played. .

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts