Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure where to post this but in all seriousness how does the Hart trophy NOT go to McDavid....on a team that is in the bottom third of the league with a minus 22 goals difference as a team he is leading the league in points, is fifteenth in plus minus (+24) and is fifth in goals scored (39).....as bad as the Oilers have been if it wasn’t for him they would be dead last in the league....to me anyone else winning this trophy would be a shocker. He is without a doubt the best player in the league and just like last year he had proved it again this year and should be the repeat winner

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy crush Forrest. :D

Agreed - I don't think that's right putting him aside off the list because the Coilers won't make the playoffs.

I loved it last night at the Junos when Buble looked in a mirror doing his hair and when they showed the reflection it was Boeser in his Nucks jersey winking back at him.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

Simply class these two are, I hope they are offered something, anything in the organisation.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great presser just now. Funniest line, Virtanen apparently mentioned he appreciates that the Sedins always buy dinner for the team on the road. When asked who will take on that role going forward, Herrick I think quipped, "I dunno, there are a lot of cheap Canadians on this team...probably a Swede."

Awesome.

Can the Whitecaps just sign these guys? Danny as your target man, and Hank as your #10?

I'm kidding. Kind of. Not really, it'd be so cool. Maybe for a friendly? Gotta be some travelling English team coming to town this year, no?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
29694662_10156255723468794_217062963725946986_n.jpg

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's pretty cool. Botch in his article this morning referred to them as Hockey Nerds. Also a great analogy; those guys never tried to be something they weren't, and in the end, turned out to be a couple of the best role models the city has ever seen. I have only had one interaction with one of the Sedins- Hank. It was at the Women's Canada vs. Swiss WC soccer match, I think that was a quarter final? Hank was sitting right behind us, and I yelled at the ref. From the nosebleeds. 'Cause I know you fcukers can hear me, @whistleblower & @Walks

I turn around to explain what a shockingly bad call the @Walks made, and it was Hank. For the rest of the match, we chatted footy, and took the piss outta the ref. Well, I did. He'd say something, I'd yell it for him. Over a couple of beers we had a few laughs. As the match went on, more and more people in our section recognized him, and sooner than later it was one autograph seeker or handshake after the other. He handled them all with grace and humility. Class act.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like a lot of people I'm sure, I was originally indifferent about my tickets Thursday.

Ya I've got tickets for tonight and was on the fence about how much I actually wanted to put in the effort to see Vegas pump the Canucks live...

Yesterday's announcement made the decision for me.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's pretty cool. Botch in his article this morning referred to them as Hockey Nerds. Also a great analogy; those guys never tried to be something they weren't, and in the end, turned out to be a couple of the best role models the city has ever seen. I have only had one interaction with one of the Sedins- Hank. It was at the Women's Canada vs. Swiss WC soccer match, I think that was a quarter final? Hank was sitting right behind us, and I yelled at the ref. From the nosebleeds. 'Cause I know you fcukers can hear me, @whistleblower & @Walks

I turn around to explain what a shockingly bad call the @Walks made, and it was Hank. For the rest of the match, we chatted footy, and took the piss outta the ref. Well, I did. He'd say something, I'd yell it for him. Over a couple of beers we had a few laughs. As the match went on, more and more people in our section recognized him, and sooner than later it was one autograph seeker or handshake after the other. He handled them all with grace and humility. Class act.

That's a much nicer story then the one with Messier, Bure and the hot tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts